• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who here went out of their way to get Peacock to watch KC vs. MIA?

Did you go out of your way to watch the game?

• Total voters

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a matter of time before the NFL goes to some sort of a Pay-per-view format for premium games, because they know they've got the people who will pay for it and the ones who are "Outraged" and want to "Boycott" will be back the next week.

They've got us by the balls and they know it.

01455d1a-50f5-4c9f-b25b-b4e0bf4bb853_text.gif

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I planned on missing it. But, my nieces husband sent me a message that included his sign in credentials for peacock.

So, I didn't pay for it, but still got to watch it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a matter of time before the NFL goes to some sort of a Pay-per-view format for premium games, because they know they've got the people who will pay for it and the ones who are "Outraged" and want to "Boycott" will be back the next week.

They've got us by the balls and they know it.

01455d1a-50f5-4c9f-b25b-b4e0bf4bb853_text.gif
I remember when the NBA tried that back in the day and it failed miserably, and look at the state of boxing… Personally I’ll never pay for cable again, I’m done with it … As far as streaming services, meh, I have Netflix and that’s it, and even that I can live without … NFL gets so much TV revenue from commercials and viewers, that was always enough, just kinda getting sick of the greed… It’s never enough…

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the NBA tried that back in the day and it failed miserably, and look at the state of boxing… Personally I’ll never pay for cable again, I’m done with it … As far as streaming services, meh, I have Netflix and that’s it, and even that I can live without … NFL gets so much TV revenue from commercials and viewers, that was always enough, just kinda getting sick of the greed… It’s never enough…

I agree. It's all about the money. Roger Goodell doesn't care about player safety, he cares about not getting sued again.

The fact that NBC/Peacock paid 110 million means they think they can make that back. It is NBC though. They have made poor decisions in the past many, many times.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Canada so get the games regardless of what those crooks at NBC do. They figure us Canuckleheads don't matter much and we don't have access to a lot of American sites so TSN and DAZN get rights. Having said that, what a horrible broadcast that was and had some really stupid shit going on. Jason Garrett is terrible but wtf, Collinsworth is so annoying that Garrett doesn't bother me as much. At least Tirico didn't fuck up players names 60 times like he usually does. NBC gets a nice little payday from the NFL to stave off going bankrupt for a while longer or until they get a bail-out from congress and life goes on. And tonight we go back to the main network to listen to Collinsworth prattle on about meaningless shit for 3 hours.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the cable companies/streaming companies get the revenues from commercials and that is why they pay the NFL for the right to broadcast it?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have watched last night on 1 of the streaming sites. I was tired so I didn't. I watched the 1st half on 1 of the Russian full game upload sites this morning. I've got soccer and snooker to watch before today's playoff games so I probably won't watch the 2nd half until tomorrow.

Not fussed by commercial enterprises making commercial decisions in the World's most open free market economy.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have watched last night on 1 of the streaming sites. I was tired so I didn't. I watched the 1st half on 1 of the Russian full game upload sites this morning. I've got soccer and snooker to watch before today's playoff games so I probably won't watch the 2nd half until tomorrow.

Not fussed by commercial enterprises making commercial decisions in the World's most open free market economy.
Where's a good site to get snooker from these days @fastforward ? DAZN quit carrying the WST and after the NFL season is over, I need to get my snooker fix.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Canada so get the games regardless of what those crooks at NBC do. They figure us Canuckleheads don't matter much and we don't have access to a lot of American sites so TSN and DAZN get rights. Having said that, what a horrible broadcast that was and had some really stupid shit going on. Jason Garrett is terrible but wtf, Collinsworth is so annoying that Garrett doesn't bother me as much. At least Tirico didn't fuck up players names 60 times like he usually does. NBC gets a nice little payday from the NFL to stave off going bankrupt for a while longer or until they get a bail-out from congress and life goes on. And tonight we go back to the main network to listen to Collinsworth prattle on about meaningless shit for 3 hours.
nbc paid the nfl not the other way around got to wonder if the 110 mil was worth it :suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the cable companies/streaming companies get the revenues from commercials and that is why they pay the NFL for the right to broadcast it?
TV networks generate income by selling advertising slots during their programs. Advertisers pay networks to air commercials, and prices vary based on factors like viewership and airtime. TV networks receive fees from cable and satellite providers for the right to include their channels in subscription packages.
cable etc get paid by customers:suds:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Peacock already through my cable provider, but had not signed on in many months before this game. My kid uses it on her phone and laptop to watch shows at college. She was the only one using it.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's a good site to get snooker from these days @fastforward ? DAZN quit carrying the WST and after the NFL season is over, I need to get my snooker fix.
The Masters final is live on the BBC, so any site showing BBC 2 will have it. It's also on Eurosport so any site re-transmitting that will have it. Best general site for sport is FreeStreams-live1 currently available at:

https://c.fsl-stream.im/

If you use the link below it'll have the tv hosts down the left hand side:

https://c.fsl-stream.im/espn-live02/

It's 1 of the few sites that also has links for golf.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the future.

Peacock was getting very nervous because no one was biting the apple. It has a yearly cost of $59.99 and non -fans pretty much said, "No thanks." They dropped the price to $29.99 for a full year so I bought it. Then I stupidly put it on my 32" television/Computer monitor. I had to find a ROKU Stick and matching remote so I could put it on my 65" TV.

Feature games in the future will not be on free TV. The playoff games will be on a pay TV basis by 2026. Super Bowl might be a PPV in 2025.

Don't be surprised if you have to join a sports pack to see a local sports team of any variety. People will bitch like hell but pay the rate because even the replays won't be free.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Masters final is live on the BBC, so any site showing BBC 2 will have it. It's also on Eurosport so any site re-transmitting that will have it. Best general site for sport is FreeStreams-live1 currently available at:

https://c.fsl-stream.im/

If you use the link below it'll have the tv hosts down the left hand side:

https://c.fsl-stream.im/espn-live02/

It's 1 of the few sites that also has links for golf.
Thanks mate. I'll check that out.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have peacock but by the time I thought about looking in it was already out of hand.
Seen enough of Trailer Swift anyway.

So it looked pretty rough there going by the news and a clip I just saw on this forum. Buffalo is that much worse that they had to postpone that game, or what?

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the future.

Peacock was getting very nervous because no one was biting the apple. It has a yearly cost of $59.99 and non -fans pretty much said, "No thanks." They dropped the price to $29.99 for a full year so I bought it. Then I stupidly put it on my 32" television/Computer monitor. I had to find a ROKU Stick and matching remote so I could put it on my 65" TV.

Feature games in the future will not be on free TV. The playoff games will be on a pay TV basis by 2026. Super Bowl might be a PPV in 2025.

Don't be surprised if you have to join a sports pack to see a local sports team of any variety. People will bitch like hell but pay the rate because even the replays won't be free.
I dropped cable about 5 years ago because pretty much the only thing I was watching was Sabres games.

Apparently I wasn't the only one; the Sabres now offer their own channel for about $30/month.
Keep in mind this is for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in almost 15 years.

Speaking of replays, the other day I was watching the Bills pregame show on the local CBS affiliate. Apparently they aren't willing to pay anyone for replays; they had no video highlights at all, just static photos.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know I had it. Wife told me just before the game.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All hail TSN. Same goes for those pesky Thursday night, Amazon games.

Somehow, I had two channels recording, and one of them had a split screen with the “Talking Heads” discussing every play. That was shit. I don’t know if that feed continued to broadcast that way because I deleted it right away and went to the one that was just normal.

And I’ll take Garrett over Romo.