• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which RBs FF value went up/down the most with the 2024 free agent frenzy?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks will be fine. Chuba, who worked to earn the starting job last year, will most likely be relegated to backup somewhere down the line.

Sometimes life ain't fair.
Chuba is a tough on to call. He did just fine all things considered. Crap line, bad/inconsistent QB play, the whole nine yards..but he's also not the type of back a team can lean on when they don't have much else to go to. he's Just A Guy. Brooks SHOULD be better, I know Penny was better before the injury have yet to see what he'll be now, hell Sanders was much better, regardless of who was playing QB in Philly, can't explain why or how he just completely washed out.

It's a bummer, but 'replaceable level talent' and 'Chuba Hubbard', may as well be synonyms.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuba is a tough on to call. He did just fine all things considered. Crap line, bad/inconsistent QB play, the whole nine yards..but he's also not the type of back a team can lean on when they don't have much else to go to. he's Just A Guy. Brooks SHOULD be better, I know Penny was better before the injury have yet to see what he'll be now, hell Sanders was much better, regardless of who was playing QB in Philly, can't explain why or how he just completely washed out.

It's a bummer, but 'replaceable level talent' and 'Chuba Hubbard', may as well be synonyms.
I kinda agree, but...a crap line and shitty QB play does make a difference.

I wonder how many guys like this could've made a splash with an actual decent team around them?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda agree, but...a crap line and shitty QB play does make a difference.

I wonder how many guys like this could've made a splash with an actual decent team around them?
who knows? He's had Cam, Sam Darnold, Baker, Bryce, and I'm pretty sure the line has been suspect at best the entire time he's been int he league. But one thing has been relatively consistent. As a starter, he's been average at best, whether it was due to CMAC's trade, or Sanders eatin' shit. But when he was the C.O.P. back with Foreman handling the heavy lifting, he flashed quite well.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows? He's had Cam, Sam Darnold, Baker, Bryce, and I'm pretty sure the line has been suspect at best the entire time he's been int he league. But one thing has been relatively consistent. As a starter, he's been average at best, whether it was due to CMAC's trade, or Sanders eatin' shit. But when he was the C.O.P. back with Foreman handling the heavy lifting, he flashed quite well.
All good points, but lemme ask you this: when you get down to it, is Isiah Pacheco better?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points, but lemme ask you this: when you get down to it, is Isiah Pacheco better?
Between the tackles? Yes. In the open feild, in the passing game, I would say no, rather have Chubba in that role

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder how many guys like this could've made a splash with an actual decent team around them?
The benefits of a great line or an elite QB obviously would help. But I have always leaned toward the opinion that a good RB will make his own yards regardless of the supporting cast. Not many of those RB anymore.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The benefits of a great line or an elite QB obviously would help. But I have always leaned toward the opinion that a good RB will make his own yards regardless of the supporting cast. Not many of those RB anymore.
and even King Henry had trouble making that happen (still second in the league in rushing though)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the tackles? Yes. In the open feild, in the passing game, I would say no, rather have Chubba in that role
I seriously prefer the old days, when RBs were dominant.

This is another reason I like Antonio Pierce and his old school thinking.

Run the damn ball down their throats with Zeus and finish 'em off with Adams and Meyers.

Dunno if this is gonna work, but I love it.

Damn, I may become a Raiders fan!

Sidenote: they still shoulda drafted the Rattler. ;)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he is better than Hubbard. More yards and more broken tackles on 30 less carries

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*same amt of broken tackles

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello everybody. :yo:
Your resident rookie hater reporting for duty.
Got a question for the board:

Kept hearing how the 2024 RB draft class basically has no starters or RB1. Think it was a FOX Sports article that even said about the RB: "No Clear Stars."

So why are our dynasty drafts leaning fairly heavily on RB who may not amount to anything?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kept hearing how the 2024 RB draft class basically has no starters or RB1. Think it was a FOX Sports article that even said about the RB: "No Clear Stars."

So why are our dynasty drafts leaning fairly heavily on RB who may not amount to anything?
They don't, they are leaning heavily on WRs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well they leaned heavily WR/QB and 1 TE, with 1, MAYBE 2 RB's, until the obvious WR/QB choices were taken. After that, if your blindfolded and throwing darts, why bother with random WR's you likely don't need, even if they do end up being something? Virtually no one really needs more WR's. Might as well throw it a a RB that EVERYONE need cuz there just as ain't many to be had.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe - as you know a true 'bell cow' back is worth gold and people still search for them regardless of what the NFL trends have become (more and more pass happy). It's a difficult change for some people to make especially with most leagues going to ppr. .... so they stick to doing what they always have - plus it not like you don't have to start one or two anyway - may as well get one you think will produce.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D2. 2 RB's in first round, none top 5
OS 3 RB's taken round 1, none top 5.
Bandits - 3 RBs taken rd 1, 1 top 5 (#5)
D1- which is the only non ppr league- 3 RB's taken, one top 5 (#4)

That's VERY light on RB's

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best one went to the shittiest offense. Not a good combo, but who knows.

A starter is worth something.

I missed on White everywhere last year because I thought he sucked and maybe he does, but he got loads of work and production.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they leaned heavily WR/QB and 1 TE, with 1, MAYBE 2 RB's, until the obvious WR/QB choices were taken. After that, if your blindfolded and throwing darts, why bother with random WR's you likely don't need, even if they do end up being something? Virtually no one really needs more WR's. Might as well throw it a a RB that EVERYONE need cuz there just as ain't many to be had.

also, RB is more opportunity based than WR... WR is more skill based than RBs..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe - as you know a true 'bell cow' back is worth gold and people still search for them regardless of what the NFL trends have become (more and more pass happy). It's a difficult change for some people to make especially with most leagues going to ppr. .... so they stick to doing what they always have. ..
The more and more pass happy the league gets, the more the market is flooded with viable receivers, lessoning their fantasy value individually, and fewer viable runners, increasing their value- simple supply and demand

That trend is the reason why RB's who can get touches are gold...not the opposite

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best one went to the shittiest offense. Not a good combo, but who knows.

A starter is worth something.

I missed on White everywhere last year because I thought he sucked and maybe he does, but he got loads of work and production.

Rachaad White was a rookie 2yrs ago, so that would make a lot of sense how you missed him in last year's rookie drafts everywhere