• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do we go from here?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Bosh and Wade can come back and get their money. They have player options. So Miami is literally boned if they decide to come back and not take a pay cut. They both do this, Lebron may opt out because.. they do need help.

Battier gone frees up money. Same with Birdman. Chalmers made 4 million this year.. he is gone likely. I would like to see Haslem and Ray retire. We could have some money here for another quality piece ..maybe 2. People will come to Miami for less money to play with LeBron and a chance at titles. We only have a few guys under contract right now.. the big 3, cole, and haslem I believe.

I hope Wade and Bosh take the pay cut.. but look at this from Wade's point of view. He will never make 20 million again in his career. He is due 40 million over the next two years. Would you take half? Be honest with yourself here. You have 3 titles, a scoring title.. 9 or 10 all-stars games, and all star game MVP, a finals MVP. 3 rings and 20 million more... or 20 million less and a CHANCE at more rings. Plus, if Lebron stays, we may still get more rings even with Wade making 20 million a year.. we did go to the finals, it's not like we got offed in round 1. basically, I don't think Wade opts out. It also has me fearing it could cause LeBron to leave.

well this is my thought process on the wade situation, i posted this elsewhere but i'll just repost it here

If wade thinks he wants to play another, say, 4 years. With the way he has declined and his limited development of a 3pt shot, it appears he has two option.

1.) Take his 40 million over the next two years. Sign a 2 year 9 million dollar deal to end his career (obviously we don't know what the number would actually be). Earning him mid to high 40 million for the remainder of his career. And essentially handcuffing the heat's roster flexibility the next 2 years.

2.) Opt out under the condition that he will sign a 4 year 50 million dollar deal. So hes trading two years of known income and 2 question mark years for a guaranteed 50 milliion (10 more than his other deal). If Wade KNOWS he wants 4+ years out of his career still then this is the better option. It also would net him more money if he played one more year and suffered a career ending injury or something of the sort. So while he makes less over a short time, he makes more total. And likely the upper end of the spectrum of what he could possibly make using option 1. This option gives the heat an addition 6-8 million in cap room to make moves. And that doesn't even count other potential sacrifices people could make. That money alone is enough to lure in a solid player.

Now the point I was orginally making was in response to horns. It would not make sense for ANY team NOT named the heat to give dwade a 4 year 50 million dollar deal. It would be a waste of money. But if the heat can spread out the money into an additional two years then it would be a huge win for them, and it could pay of for dwade. What if he declines to 10 points a game after two years? No team signs him? then he makes 40 mil the rest of his career. If he signs that extension he is guaranteed 50 right now. no matter what.

Does that make sense?

Of course there i always the possibility that dwade think he only has two years left. and in that case, he absolutely would not opt out.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a good point. pay him more... but spread it out. nice signing bonus in there. yeah, I could see that working.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gortat would be such a HUGE addition if we could get him. He gives you at least 10 rebounds a game and is a big man to clog the paint.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau Gasol is a FA. If Miami is looking for a big that has pretty good passing skills and shoots fairly well, he could be had for decent money.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought about gasol last night

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol would be nice, but he is getting up there in age. Gortat and Mills/Lowry give Miami a really good improved starting 5, then you keep Cole, James Jones, beasley and Oden and work on the bench from there.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think an Ariza/Patterson combo is the way to go. If you had james, wade, patterson, bosh and cole on the floor Norris can hit spot up shots and play great D. thats all you need from a point guard with those guys on the court. ariza gives wade and james more regular season rest. and gives great lineup versatility.

although adding gasol would be huge. Bosh could play like a stretch four. we'd still have the inside presence and gasol is a good enough shooter to space the floor. plus he is a great passer.

i don't think you can add lowry and gasol. it'd have to be one or the other. My concern with Lowry is that getting him would even further reduce wade's role as a ball handler, which gives him more time spotting up which means the D doesn't have to guard him. How would wade handle being the third ball handler on a team? He really needs to get a 3pt shot. it would do wonders for the heat.

I just don't know if adding lowry you get value for what he can do if wade is still the secondary ball handler. and i don't know if wade is ready to be a 3rd ball handler on offense

i'd rather have any of those guys over melo for the record.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing thing with my patterson/Ariza idea is it allows you to still only have one non shooter on the court at a time (that being wade).

Patterson is a big upgrade over lewis. There would be a ton of room for lebron and wade to drive and kick. Then ariza can come in and play 30 mins a game as sub for patterson or wade. This is where LeBron's versatility defensively is huge. you can shift either to a huge lineup of a somewhat small (still bigger than the battier lineup) lineup.

Cole, James, Ariza, Patterson, Bosh (4 shooters and Bron?, can basically switch every pick n roll, quickness at every position)

Cole, Wade, Ariza, James, Bosh (even better defensively, this lineup could harass the crap out of teams defensively still have good shooters everwhere)

Ariza allows wade to get down to 28 mins a game. allows LeBron to not have to take the best man and get to maybe 36 mins a night. Also, think about things like playing the spurs when Bron guards parker. This hurt because no one could guard leonard, but Ariza would be able to. Patterson could do better on diaw than anyone did this past year.

it also forces a guy like parker to play D on someone as ariza could take him to the hole easily using his size and athleticism. obviously these examples aren't exclusive to the spurs. think about the pacers as well assuming they retain stephenson. A team like OKC? Bron on westbrook, ariza on durant.

Ariza has also proven he can do it in big moments with is worth something.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Love Ariza....Gortat would be good at the center. Honestly, need shooting defenders on the perimeter to take minutes away from Lebron and Wade. Center much less of priority than SG or small forward. A good point guard besides Chalmers could be had on the cheap.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol would be nice, but he is getting up there in age. Gortat and Mills/Lowry give Miami a really good improved starting 5, then you keep Cole, James Jones, beasley and Oden and work on the bench from there.

Keep Oden for sure and you could bring in Gasol to work with Oden. Adding Ariza/Gortat?/Lowry would improve the Heat demonstrably. I think one or more of these moves will occur in the off-season. Like I stated earlier, Riley is a master at re-tooling quickly. He was mentored by the Logo and I see the Heat returning pretty soon to where they were this year. And yes, I am fairly certain LBJ isn't going anywhere. The real question mark becomes Wade. His health is going to be a question as I think he just needs to fully heal for a change. But we shall see.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Oden for sure and you could bring in Gasol to work with Oden. Adding Ariza/Gortat?/Lowry would improve the Heat demonstrably. I think one or more of these moves will occur in the off-season. Like I stated earlier, Riley is a master at re-tooling quickly. He was mentored by the Logo and I see the Heat returning pretty soon to where they were this year. And yes, I am fairly certain LBJ isn't going anywhere. The real question mark becomes Wade. His health is going to be a question as I think he just needs to fully heal for a change. But we shall see.

I think that the ariza/gortat/lowry trio is likely one or the other. i don't think there is money for all 3, and thats assuming the big 3 take a paycut. Im not sure any of those guys are willing to take MLE type money.

Gasol would certainly be a huge asset. I think its worth keeping oden and beasley around cheap if they are both willing to stay. Beasley just needs to keep working on his D and maturity, this is a place to do it. oden... well he just needs to keep rehabbing. maybe some day he could pay off big if he ever gets any type of health back

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collison from the Clippers is going to test the FA market. I think him or Mills are definitely an upgrade over Chalmers and could come in at the 3-4 million mark. Other guys like Lowry would cost us alot more. The celtics are possibly looking to trade Rondo if they dont get Love. I know he hates Miami, but he would be a great PG for us. I dont think we have anything at all tho that we can trade.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Lowry news is good news for you guys BKSBaller. I have not seen any news on Gasol movements. He has a tendency to keep things close to the vest especially when he goes home to Spain which I believe he has already.

I also saw Pat Riley's press conference where he basically chided people to "get a grip" and buck up to the bar. A timely word and I believe the team will respond except for Birdman who is already gone as is Battier. Allen is still undecided.

Like I stated before, Riley is a master at rebuilding quickly and I would not be surpirsed if the Heat won the East next year and if not certainly in 2015.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Bulls amnesty Boozer, is he somone Miami should look at?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Bulls amnesty Boozer, is he somone Miami should look at?

Only if its real cheap IMO. boozer plays awful defense, even with the bulls and thibs by his side.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wholeheartedly believe that if we had a slightly younger Battier and Mike Miller still on the roster...we would have been much more competitive and possibly win in 7

As others have mentioned Ariza is the perfect wing to add to fill that need. Afflalo is also on the trading blocks, but not sure we have the package of draft picks or players to acquire him.

I would love Gortat but obviously his price tag is going to be a bit steep. As an alternative option I would like to see Jordan Hill or Spencer Hawes

As for point guard Lowry would be great if he isn't seeking a huge paycheck. Otherwise Greivis Vasquez or draft Shabazz Napier.

Also like James Young in the draft. 6'6 talented small forward who can score and has the upside to be a real good wing defender.