• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where credit is due

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the special teams play this season has been much like the team a roller coaster of plays.....they have cost us games Oklahoma won us games TCU and been up and down in others. Deforrest has taken a lot of crap from the fans and most deserved. With that being said we do have two very bright spots in our special teams play...Boomstache and Josh Lambert.

Does the play of these guys and the play of the special teams the last couple of games change your feeling on Deforrest? We have had our issues for sure on certain special teams plays throughout the season, but overall this group has not killed us and have seemed to be getting better....only one KO taken out of the endzone to start at the 11 this game. lol

Hey he stunk as a D coordinator, but before coming here he was considered one of the best special teams coaches out there...

One thing not in favor of keeping him is his salary---which should and can be reworked

One thing going against him that shouldn't is the SI article which to our knowledge lacked a lot of fact.

One thing that is--specials teams play seems to be improving.

What do you guys think?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he recruited Josh. Did he recruit O'Toole?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he recruited Josh. Did he recruit O'Toole?

I wanted to give him credit for it, because in a early interview OToole said he was the reason he came....but not sure officially.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we cleared that up...lol

Our return teams are terrible, but our kicking teams have been real good. Not so sure I would cut ties with him just because of last year....reality not SI is the guy has done nothing wrong.

Salary is a issue.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So look special teams played solid again....last punt left some wanting more, but overall the kids are maturing in their roles and special teams is scoring us some points. Our return teams need work, but overall very happy with where this team is right now.

We are say we are looking for improvement, this is one unit you can see the improvement from week one until now.

So what do you guys think? Has Deforrest won you over? Would you want him to stay?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been impressed with the kicking units. the return units leave something to be desired.

I'm going on the flip flop here and think that he should stay. He should be given a lower salary due to his losing the DC job. I am all for consistency in the coaching staff. Unless someone is clearly not doing their job (like deforrest last year), they should be retained.

Swapping out coaches usually causes problems. We lost Spivital and our QBs suck. We added Crook and there was a significant dropoff until the TCU game where they started looking like a blocking unit. It takes time for new coaches to learn the players and vice versa. No time next year as we start off with Alabama.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kickoff/ punt teams have been better to his credit, the long returns and threats of the other team scoring on seemingly every other return has stopped ( oh man why do I feel like I just jinxed us?).The return game has been horrible, he is ultimately responsible for all of it BUT he does not coach that particular position so...fwiw. If he stays, the pay has to decrease but for the record I think he takes a job elsewhere and he and DH can save some face that way.