• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When a business loses 30 percent of customers.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies have lost 30% of their paying fans. Thus an equal amount in revenue. Also they are probably losing radio listeners and TV viewers as well. If this happened in quick fashion to any big business there would be changes in management and approach. However Montgomery is loyal to his under talented and overpaid staff. As fans we are stuck with this nonsense. Someone needs to tell Montgomery that his loyalty should be directed toward the fans. Every day I can see Amaros influence on Rynos decision making. Ryno is a puppet in that respect. Ryno and Amaro need to be gone. If this happened then there would be some realistic hope in the way this team moves forward. The leadership on this team is a big failure and there is no upside in keeping them. What do you think?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you have my full agreement Northeast because the influence of those two is obvious by the krap that continues on the field.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryno is awful and unqualified. If the Cubs wanted nothing to do with him, wasn't the writing on the wall?

That said, your fans are better than the vast majority of baseball fans. The bandwagon is empty but the fans who love the Phillies are still there.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryno is awful and unqualified. If the Cubs wanted nothing to do with him, wasn't the writing on the wall?

That said, your fans are better than the vast majority of baseball fans. The bandwagon is empty but the fans who love the Phillies are still there.

Well said Hammer. When you mentioned the Cubs I realized how loyal their fan base is. If anyone deserves a winning team they certainly do. But one thing is for sure, the Phillies deserve better management that can deliver with a payroll of 185 million.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Ryno has more of a minor league management style where patience with certain players takes precedense and winning can be jeapardized. That is, instead of finding the best qualified at each position, and going with each in the best lineup, you have a revolving door with players in and out so much, they end up not being able to play together. All of that is of course affected by the players Rueben makes available. I would prefer a more kick-ass manager. If you're not doing the job after 2 months, why continue the agony at that position. And if the next guy sucks, you weed the farm for someone who's hot. That way you get a better view of what you really need.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Ryno has more of a minor league management style where patience with certain players takes precedense and winning can be jeapardized. That is, instead of finding the best qualified at each position, and going with each in the best lineup, you have a revolving door with players in and out so much, they end up not being able to play together. All of that is of course affected by the players Rueben makes available. I would prefer a more kick-ass manager. If you're not doing the job after 2 months, why continue the agony at that position. And if the next guy sucks, you weed the farm for someone who's hot. That way you get a better view of what you really need.

The minor leagues are full of revolving door players. It is time to adjust to the majors. Tony Gwynn and Dom Brown are not in the development stage yet he kept playing them to the teams detriment. He has also used relief pitchers in a poor way. His refusal to play Ruf against right handed pitching is just stupid.
Amaro has been telling him what to do. How else can you explain the similarities in style? Maybe ryno is too patient but as a fan I am tired of the same old routine. I agree with you, let's get a kick ass Gm and manager.