• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the concensus?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey by 11/2? Full 82 game schedule? Bettman re-ups for his 40th year as Count von Count?

:burt:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This should definitely lead to a deal. I think it shows the owners are serious about wanting to get this done. I'm not sure I actually believed that before today....

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scrap the season, these fucktards dont get it, Bettman and the owners really screwed the pooch on this one. League is finally growing in the main stream, and these ass fucks kill it.

Players are also dipshits, 57% of league revenue. Give me a break you greedy fucks, 50/50 should be more then acceptable. considering the owners i dunno give you a job and medical care oh and you make millions and have 3 months off or more out of the year. Boo fucking HOO!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scrap the season, these fucktards dont get it, Bettman and the owners really screwed the pooch on this one. League is finally growing in the main stream, and these ass fucks kill it.

Players are also dipshits, 57% of league revenue. Give me a break you greedy fucks, 50/50 should be more then acceptable. considering the owners i dunno give you a job and medical care oh and you make millions and have 3 months off or more out of the year. Boo fucking HOO!

Kork, I think you summed it up perfectly. LOL.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The basis of the offer is solid and should lead to a new deal. The biggest sticking point is going to be how they handle escrow. The players aren't going to agree to major escrow witholdings.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get a fucking deal ............already!!!!!!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it ain't happening any time soon. One step forward, two steps back. Fehr & Bettman have no concept as to what they are doing to the sport & its fans.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The basis of the offer is solid and should lead to a new deal. The biggest sticking point is going to be how they handle escrow. The players aren't going to agree to major escrow witholdings.

I thought it would lead to a deal too, but after hearing the owners today I'm not so sure. I think the players need to wise up and get a clue at this point. No other league get's close to the 57% they were getting, just about all of them get 50%, which is what the league is offering. They are living in the past, and keep saying how they shouldn't have to give up that much. Well if you want to have the NHL up and running, that may be exactly what they need to do.
Do these guys not realize this isn't like an employee at IBM, who can leave for Apple if he isn't happy???!!! They better start worrying about making sure their league survives.
I'm at the point where I'm starting not to care. If they end up canceling the season, just give me my $$ back and I won't be coming back....2 work stoppages in 8 years is ridiculous!!! They will never be on the level of the NFL, NBA, or MLB with dumb ass shit like this....

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Players are whiney ass pussys, that are overpaid enough already without there 50-57%... I dont even think they should get 50% They should get a % of jerseys/memorbilia that is personalized and thats it...
These dipshits really made themselves look like greedy little bitches turning that offer down...

This generation of NHL players: Less talented, paid more, half ass it a lot of nights, prissy fagbags...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It doesn't sound like a 50/50 split is the issue. The players seem willing to agree to that. The issue is the owners want to implement that split right away. which means a major loss in salary for the players either via salary rollbacks or escrow witholdings. The players will take a 50/50 split if the league takes a progressive route to get there instead of making the jump all at once.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't sound like a 50/50 split is the issue. The players seem willing to agree to that. The issue is the owners want to implement that split right away. which means a major loss in salary for the players either via salary rollbacks or escrow witholdings. The players will take a 50/50 split if the league takes a progressive route to get there instead of making the jump all at once.

40%, 50% or 60% of $0 is still $0. Unions suck!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like the KHL may be having an effect on all of this as well as the other Euro leagues

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
40%, 50% or 60% of $0 is still $0. Unions suck!

The Union sucks, and so do the owners. I'm just tired of both of their BS right now. They probably have a window of about 2 weeks do get this done, and they aren't even talking on the phone.....classic...no wonder why they are the red headed step child in the sports world, because no other sport has had this much turmoil every time their CBA comes up.
They cancel this season, I'm done. I'll still watch on TV when they come back, but my tickets will be gone....

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just read an interesting article about how the Corporate sponsors are getting pissed....Molson is asking the owners how they are going to repay their company for the lost business with this lock out. The NHL has many more Corporate sponsors than they did years ago, and they don't want to lose them....
News leaked out that Philly's owner, Snider, is not happy they don't have an agreement by now, and he is supposedly one of the hard liners. When this is all said and done, I hope they dump Bettman.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Union sucks, and so do the owners. I'm just tired of both of their BS right now. They probably have a window of about 2 weeks do get this done, and they aren't even talking on the phone.....classic...no wonder why they are the red headed step child in the sports world, because no other sport has had this much turmoil every time their CBA comes up.
They cancel this season, I'm done. I'll still watch on TV when they come back, but my tickets will be gone....

I'm right with you on that point. I may get a 10-game pack, but I will dump my season tix. :popsdance:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just read working the corners, by the sounds of what pavelski is saying it looks like its finally going to get done, big whoop! You assholes just cut your own throats and lost the casual fan base way to fucking kill the games growth

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just read working the corners, by the sounds of what pavelski is saying it looks like its finally going to get done, big whoop! You assholes just cut your own throats and lost the casual fan base way to fucking kill the games growth

Yeah, I know someone that knows the players and Wilson pretty well, and last week Wilson told him they'd be back playing around Jan 15.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bullshit! I will believe once I see it!