• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with Ackley?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we sell high as he is ripping the face off of the ball, or do we finally get to cash in on a career that has finally turned a corner?

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Ackley has that much value. Can Ackley alone get you Marlon Byrd? Probably not. Unless he's part of a big deal (which I don't think is out there) I wouldn't move him.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Ackley has that much value. Can Ackley alone get you Marlon Byrd? Probably not. Unless he's part of a big deal (which I don't think is out there) I wouldn't move him.

He may not have much value, but I would say that with his recent production it's as high as it's been. Plus, his name has been mentioned as gaining interest from other clubs. I would deal him, but I think it has to be in a deal bigger than just him. A straight up deal for Byrd is a bad move IMO, Byrd is a rental player without future value. If he was included in a deal for Price then I would be ok with it because I have no doubt in my mind that Price is getting dealt next year fetching us some guy's in return. Both Byrd and Price are rentals IMO, but Price will bring pieces back at a minimum by next years deadline.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get back a player that is playing at Ackley's current level, then yes because I think this is as good as it gets. If all you can get is a player that plays at Ackley's low level days, then no I would still with what we have.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all just sit back and laugh that what Ackley has done the past few games is viewed as "selling high"

More like Selling about average, or slightly above mediocre!