• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the last two weeks of games have proven

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, Defense, Defense. You must have an above average defense to win a Super Bowl. Look at how bad Russell Wilson was yesterday for 55 minutes of that game. I mean historically bad. But his defense and special teams kept him in it so he could pull it out. Major props to Wilson for pulling the game out but without that defense he never gets the chance and he is ripped a new one today.

Then go over to the New England game, sure the offense put up 45 points but they held Saint Luck and Company to 7 points. BTW that is with a secondary they rebuilt in the off season, Browner, Revis and (essh) Chung all were brought in to go with McCourty. Chip needs to take notice of that.

So for everyone who wants to trade the house plus for Mariotta, how well did the franchise QB`s preform yesterday? It was all about defense. Whether it was Green Bays lack of defense at the end of the Seattle game, Seattle defense keeping Saint Rodgers in check most of the game or New Englands defense smoothering Saint Luck. 1 out of 4 of those franchis guys had great games and that was Brady, who btw is the least mobile of the group.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and don't have epically bad coaching decisions.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary, secondary seconday and o-line o-line o-line is what I saw.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ditto. You gotta able to score 30 points and you gotta have a good secondary that makes it tough for the other team to score 30.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And not just in these two weeks of games, but all season long. We need to rebuild the Oline with youth. And we need 3 out of 4 secondary spots filled.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a lot.... I don't think it's a one year fix. Lets not fool ourselves they have strong defenses but they also have franchise QB's. We don't have either.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily a one year fix. Coaching and flat footballs had more to do with it than defense.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get some young depth on the line and we need to fix the secondary. Two high draft picks and a couple solid FA and we are fine for now. I don't know that Foles is not the guy yet. He has one more year to prove himself but we should bring in competition just not through the draft.

My biggest issues is how predictable our offense was and what Chip is going to do to mix things up.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed but the $Million$ question is; does Chip see the same thing and does he see it the same way?

ILB also a hole needing a plug.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a lot.... I don't think it's a one year fix. Lets not fool ourselves they have strong defenses but they also have franchise QB's. We don't have either.

Aside from Brady none of them played like franchise Qb`s yesterday. Turning the ball over, missing recievers all over the place taking sacks. In fact I dont think I have ever seen Foles have as bad a first 55 minutes as Russell Wilson had. Still Wilson came back and won the game, something that Foles just seems to have the knack of doing. Hell the last nine games that Foles QB in, (including the 2013 playoff game against the Saints) He gave the lead to his defense with less than 6 minutes in 8 of them, the defense lost two of them including the Saints game and the Arizona game (Nate Allen lost that one). The only other game was the San Fran game which he lead his team down to the promise land but Riley Cooper dropped the ball.

Nick Foles is not a franchise QB at this point mainly because of his injury history at this point. Every QB goes through growing pains and the amazing thing is the Eagles were winning as Nick went through his.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but the $Million$ question is; does Chip see the same thing and does he see it the same way?

ILB also a hole needing a plug.

We have the exact same problems going into this offseason as we had last offseason. Chip was here last season making decisions and giving input. We have the lack of improvement in those areas from last year to this year as a major reason to worry that he has either not adequately identified our problems or doesn't know how to fix them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles is not a franchise QB at this point mainly because of his injury history at this point. Every QB goes through growing pains and the amazing thing is the Eagles were winning as Nick went through his.

And that's why we can still have hope!

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to beat Seattle anytime soon, you better have a good QB, running game & good D. We only have 1 of the 3 as of right now.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB's allow freedom for the entire d. Cb cb cb for this Bird team. We we. Best when we had the Eric Allen's ....troy Vincents.... Etc. ( and their other side).

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to beat Seattle anytime soon, you better have a good QB, running game & good D. We only have 1 of the 3 as of right now.

Which one?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think Foles can beat any of those teams....improve the O-line and upgrade the defense.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What these last 2 weeks have proven is that we need a coach.