• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What next?

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fuck it

go after stamkos :P

I would be stoked if ian white resigned, but I feel he can fetch an extra 1-1.5 million than he could make with us. Half of our cap space right now would probably go to White. Cant sign a solid 3rd line and a decent 4th line for 2-3 million. The market will not likely allow it

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still rather have "Good Defense + 2-line Offense" (i.e. with White) vs. "OK Defense + 2.5-line Offense" (without White)...

The potential upgrades at the forward position are so marginally insignificant that he's much better off spending the money on White... unless he wants $5M+ or something crazy... which is entirely possible, I'd guess.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
youre right... the 3rd and 4th lines would be pretty thin. However, if the D is so strong, it might not hurt and like I said before, it's much easier to deal a defenseman or a pick for a depth forward. Top 3 dmen are much harder to get than 3rd liners.

I hope dougie sacrifices the 3rd line to resign white. Besides if bieksa and pitkanen got 4.5M, then White is problabyl only around 3.5-4.

Not to mention, boyle is getting older. Murray too. The sharks are going to need Dmen to take over. Demers is a clear one, but burns and white are 26 and 27 and should be solid for the next 5 or 6 years before declining. Getting guys like them locked up long term is good. Burns, white, demers, braun is a nice core for the future if dougie chose to go that way...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ehrhoffs rights have been traded to the Islanders for a 4th round pick. He'll probably get a grossly inflated contract from them just so they can make the cap floor.

EDIT: You beat me to it Puck

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he won't sign with NYI...

He's most likely headed for Detroit on Friday?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same contact who let me in on the Seto deal illuded to White possibly being re-signed. No details on this one just the impression I got from talking to him.

:hockeysmile:

Have u heard anything more from your source, yet?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope he does sign in NYI... that would pretty much bury him and take him as far away from playing again SJ as possible.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm guessing he won't sign with NYI...

He's most likely headed for Detroit on Friday?

I'm thinking Detroit will go after Wiz first looking to get a bit of a hometown discount on him.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehrhoffs rights have been traded to the Islanders for a 4th round pick. He'll probably get a grossly inflated contract from them just so they can make the cap floor.

EDIT: You beat me to it Puck

This ^

I hope he does sign in NYI... that would pretty much bury him and take him as far away from playing again SJ as possible.

.....and this ^

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Erhoff negotiating rights apparently traded to NYI for a 4th round pick.

@TSNBobMcKenzieBob McKenzie

From Hockeybuzz boards

The saddest part about all this. Dougie Wilson got essentially a very late 2nd round pick for a dman who was signed on the cheep for two more years. Gillis got an early 4th round pick for two days of negotiating rights.

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope dougie sacrifices the 3rd line to resign white. Besides if bieksa and pitkanen got 4.5M, then White is problabyl only around 3.5-4.

idk about that, if those guys are off the market id say it creates a bidding war for white.

I wouldnt mind being thin for a 4th line. But we do need some grit/grinders who can play good defense and pk. Dont really care if they can score.

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt D'Agostini? Max Talbot?

What other defensemen would you guys want us to go after if white doesnt resign?

Babchuk?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
probably no one. White may be the only guy out there whos just entering his prime (27 years old) and may be sign-able at a discounted rate for long-term. If dougie cant nail down white, then he might be best served trying to get a 3rd line and giving braun a chance. The sharks dont need a #5 or 6 dman. If they are going to push braun out the top 6, it should be for another legit top 4 guy only.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon, do the Sharks have to honor Heatley's NTC from the Sens? Do you think there's any snowball's chance in hell we can use this new Salary Cap floor as a way to send him to NYI or someone like that?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The saddest part about all this. Dougie Wilson got essentially a very late 2nd round pick for a dman who was signed on the cheep for two more years. Gillis got an early 4th round pick for two days of negotiating rights.

no argument there... dougie has had his fair share of fleecing lesser GMs (o'connell [jumbo], ferguson[cooch], feaster (he was the tampa GM for the boyle deal, right?), murray [heater: yes, it was a good deal when you consider that cheech was a 3M minor leaguer, and michalek has yet to put up 35 pts in ottawa...). But, he's also been fleeced a few times. Trading ehrhoff was fine, but for a 2nd rounder 3 years later was pathetic. Hopefully, this burns deal doesnt turn out to be another one...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon, do the Sharks have to honor Heatley's NTC from the Sens? Do you think there's any snowball's chance in hell we can use this new Salary Cap floor as a way to send him to NYI or someone like that?

I believe they do but there have been some reports to the contrary. It's my understanding that the aquiring team is bound to all aspects of the contract that are in effect at the time of aquisition.

Unfortunately I don't believe Heatley is going anywhere. He wants someone to win him a cup and that's not going to happen if he's being traded to a team that struggling to get to the cap floor.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they do but there have been some reports to the contrary. It's my understanding that the aquiring team is bound to all aspects of the contract that are in effect at the time of aquisition.

Unfortunately I don't believe Heatley is going anywhere. He wants someone to win him a cup and that's not going to happen if he's being traded to a team that struggling to get to the cap floor.

Nicely put... sad but true. :L

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced DWil would want to move Heatley anyway even if the option was there.

:ipw: