• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if Denver had to trade Miller last week

Here are the teams

• Cincy – 1st , 1st and Darqueze Dennard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay – 1st , 1st and HaHa Clinton Dix

• Clev – 2nd , 3rd (2017) and Joe Thomas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had to trade Miller before July 15th, which trade would you choose

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot trade someone who is not under contract and Von would have dictated the whole thing. It would have been a very ugly mess that I shudder to even begin to think about.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot trade someone who is not under contract and Von would have dictated the whole thing. It would have been a very ugly mess that I shudder to even begin to think about.

Actually just a little over a week ago when contract negotiations were not going great Von Miller did mention the thought of having him traded. Pretty much he suggested the idea that it is either trade me or sign me but I will not play on the Franchise Tag. He didn't make a formal request to be traded but made it clear he was open to it.

As for the question I would go with Minnesota's or San Fran's for 2 totally different reasons. Minnesota's because Anthony Barr to me is already a star in our league so you throw in 2 1st round picks on top of that and man that would be a pretty sweet deal. San Fran's because they look like a team in complete rebuild and I am betting they for sure have a top-10 pick this next year and possibly the next. Then you throw Bowman on there and I would say that is a pretty darn good offer.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he's signed. The Broncos front 7 is going to be nasty again this year, and Miller is a huge part of that. He took over the AFCCG and SB, emerging as the single greatest player in the 2015 post season. I realize the losses of Jackson and Trevathon mean there will be some new faces in that front 7. But the Broncos had some serious depth there anyway, and may even be better in year 2 of the system. And that front 7 being better is going to only help an already top-tier (as in best in the league) secondary perform even better.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually just a little over a week ago when contract negotiations were not going great Von Miller did mention the thought of having him traded. Pretty much he suggested the idea that it is either trade me or sign me but I will not play on the Franchise Tag. He didn't make a formal request to be traded but made it clear he was open to it.

As for the question I would go with Minnesota's or San Fran's for 2 totally different reasons. Minnesota's because Anthony Barr to me is already a star in our league so you throw in 2 1st round picks on top of that and man that would be a pretty sweet deal. San Fran's because they look like a team in complete rebuild and I am betting they for sure have a top-10 pick this next year and possibly the next. Then you throw Bowman on there and I would say that is a pretty darn good offer.

Minny and Dallas were my choices. Zach and Barr are there right now. Not sure any of the trade scenarios are realistic but thought it would be interesting to be the GM and make a major franchise decision.

Klis aid Von never made a formal decision. He wanted to be a Bronco for life and with the exclusive franchise tag I think Elway wanted it as well.

Got to say Miller's agent did a superb job getting Miller $70MM which from all accounts was what they wanted once FA started with little leverage but what they did have they used well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny and Dallas were my choices. Zach and Barr are there right now. Not sure any of the trade scenarios are realistic but thought it would be interesting to be the GM and make a major franchise decision.

Klis aid Von never made a formal decision. He wanted to be a Bronco for life and with the exclusive franchise tag I think Elway wanted it as well.

Got to say Miller's agent did a superb job getting Miller $70MM which from all accounts was what they wanted once FA started with little leverage but what they did have they used well.

I agree Von's agent did well by him. He didn't do much to build a good relationship with the Broncos but he is watching out for his agent first. Not happy to hear though that when the Broncos did offer $70 million his agents first reaction was then to bump up their offer and ask for even more. I understand they realized they finally had the Broncos where they wanted them and such but there has to be a limit and not happy that Von after the team really stepped up then allowed his agent to take advantage of that. It happens just again not the best way to heal the relationship.

And you are right it wasn't a formal offer just a suggestion if they couldn't get something done that Von would be open to being traded.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to look at it - it was because of Von's agent that the Broncos decided to play hard ball - therefore a predictable ending in contract terms became a bitter argument (now forgotten).

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is just it, Miller would control who he got traded to and with the way he has been acting, I am not sure it would not have turned into a three ring circus.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion...IF Denver had done this, it would've had to have been an offer like the Minny and SF offers you mention.