• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"What bad calls Rock?" NFL Removes Poorly Performing Refs From SNF Game, now do Pats/Eagles.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin:

My thread was on this was first and better (as in no whining).

There's clearly a pro-Rock bias on this board.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the NFL is paying attention on some level...what I found funny last weekend, there was a challenge and they brought in the NY ref for commentary...twice in one game...the NY official saw the call differently from the game ref. And both times the game ref refused to overturn a blown call, essentially staying with the call on the field citing it wasn't irrefutable evidence.

This points to a bigger question imo...why does this continue to happen in the most lucrative sports league in the world? The human element is always prone to error...I get that, but I think to get full time refs, and a better replay system, it will take a rogue owner to sue the league when they lose a game due to a bad call...like BAL did a few weeks ago.
its because they dont have full time refs, who are JUST refs.

its a side gig for these guys, and there is no real "system"for promoting guys from college to the nfl. example: pats/buffalo where the ref said watkins "gave himself up" on the final play. the ref covered for this new guy, who was promoted from the PAC12 or whatever it is now.

he used a college rule, and his "boss" covered for him.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin:

My thread was on this was first and better (as in no whining).

There's clearly a pro-Rock bias on this board.
i see no thread about this on page 1. if it was better, it would be higher than mine.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, please, please, please, let the Eagles win this on a blown call. :pray:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its because they dont have full time refs, who are JUST refs.

its a side gig for these guys, and there is no real "system"for promoting guys from college to the nfl. example: pats/buffalo where the ref said watkins "gave himself up" on the final play. the ref covered for this new guy, who was promoted from the PAC12 or whatever it is now.

he used a college rule, and his "boss" covered for him.

Wow! Really no excuse for that.

The NFL is so committed to growing the game in London or Mexico City, or LA...all the while the product itself is slipping...officiating, overall QB play seemingly are at, or near all-time lows. The owners want 18 games, but they're having trouble getting quality officiating for the 512 reg. season games they have now...of course we know they only see revenue.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they weren't assigned to Broncos/Chargers. Don't want Denver getting another one of those fluky, ref aided wins...when they beat the Chargers it should be fair and square.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Really no excuse for that.

The NFL is so committed to growing the game in London or Mexico City, or LA...all the while the product itself is slipping...officiating, overall QB play seemingly are at, or near all-time lows. The owners want 18 games, but they're having trouble getting quality officiating for the 512 reg. season games they have now...of course we know they only see revenue.
yup, like any other product. you worry about market saturation first, quality 2nd.

and yeah, that call...

Steratore says Watkins “gave himself up” on final play

Report: NFL official Ed Walker mistakenly used college rule on Sammy Watkins catch | Larry Brown Sports

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you all think, are they getting as bad as they were when the replacement refs took over during the strike?
Getting close me thinks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just listening to Clayton and he was saying the refs have been terrible this year, but a big part he feel's is all the rules they have to follow ... League has WAY to many rules right now... I just say call less fouls and stop being such puzzies... Let the games play out... Unless it's obvious let it go...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just listening to Clayton and he was saying the refs have been terrible this year, but a big part he feel's is all the rules they have to follow ... League has WAY to many rules right now... I just say call less fouls and stop being such puzzies... Let the games play out... Unless it's obvious let it go...

That is because Jeffrey Fisher is on the competition committee and we all know he is an idiot.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Quite a story title: "Roger's Revenge! The Sneaky Tactics of a Sloppy Commissioner."
Naughty, naughty Goodell, shame on you.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent missed an Eagles game in a 1/4 century. This might be a good week to end the streak!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called a "bet hedging thread", sir. Something very innocuous that can be pointed to afterwards to say "see, I claimed we would lose". :happy:
Rocks speciality.

Remember the "the reason the Patriots should lose this week" thread?

Pathetic, cowardly and amusing all at the same time.

Please keep these gems coming rock.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocks speciality.

Remember the "the reason the Patriots should lose this week" thread?

Pathetic, cowardly and amusing all at the same time.

Please keep these gems coming rock.

That thread was actually quite reasonable.

When Pats fans go all hyperbole and fan-boy, the haterz call them homers. When they call a reasonable outlook on a game, they're making excuses. It's always a lose lose here at our beloved Patriots hate site.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent missed an Eagles game in a 1/4 century. This might be a good week to end the streak!
lol,.....this should be their SB,.....they might even win....err......cover (+9.5),.....no Gronk, no Edleman, no Amondola,.......should be interesting.