• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your top 10 concerts?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megadeth is one of the few bands left to see on my bucket list I am always on the lookout for them to appear in the land of cheese but to no avail

sigh

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan got stabbed at a Stones concert at Altamont Speedway in 1971.

She was at concerts where the California Hell's Angels were called in to restore law and order. :eek:

Read something on that concert not long ago. Grace Slick was totally opposed to the Hell's Angels being there. The fan had rushed the stage with a pistol during the Stones performance, was stabbed by a Hell's Angels member. He was charged but not convicted if I remember the article correctly.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than #1 most of these are interchangable

(1) Billy Joel - The last play at Shea 2007 Tons of guests. Garth Brooks, Tony Bennet, Roger Daltry, Steven Tyler and Sir Paul Mccarthey
(2) Iron Maiden - Powerslave Tour 1984. Saw them 3 times on that one.
(3) Billy Joel/Elton John - Forget the year but it was when "The Lion King" came out
(4) Ozzy -Bark at the Moon Tour with Metallica opening.
(5) Paul Dianno - 2012. The original singer for iron Maiden- Couldn't believe how good he was and it was a small place, BB Kings's in NYC. Saw him 11 months later and it was the worst show I've ever seen.
(6) Metallica at a club clalled L'amour in Brooklyn on their first tour. I was 12 and they still let me in. 1982(Give or take)
(7) The Police reunion tour a few years back. They killed it at MSG.
(8) Ozfest - Forget the year (2009 I think). Sabbath headlined and Iron Maiden opened playing from only Number of the beast, Powerslave and Piece of Mind.
(9) John Mellencamp at Jones Beach with the Wallflowers opening. Forget the year. Probably 2002.
(10) Van Halen Reunion tour a few years back. Eddie was fresh out of rehab and killed it. You always need to see them after Eddie has his inevitable trip to rehab. If you see one of the shows prior to him heading to rehab it kinda sucks

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read something on that concert not long ago. Grace Slick was totally opposed to the Hell's Angels being there. The fan had rushed the stage with a pistol during the Stones performance, was stabbed by a Hell's Angels member. He was charged but not convicted if I remember the article correctly.

The Hells Angels came in because the cops threw their hands up and walked away. She said the whole thing was surreal. I've seen some videos of it and Jagger was especially "up" for that show. Must have gotten a batch of some really, really good shit.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular order.

Queensryche - Seen them 8 times in Minneapolis and San Antonio

Rolling Stones - 1989 in Minneapolis.

Judas Priest - Twice - 1986 in Minneapolis 2012 in San Antonio

Iron Maiden/Ratt/Accept - 1985 at Trout Air in Minnesota

Foghat/REO Speedwagon/Blue Oyster Cult/38 Special/Georgia Satellites - 1994 I think at the Apple River Fairgrounds in Wisconsin

ZZ Top - Minneapolis in 1985 I think

A Flock of Seagulls/The Fixx - My first concert back in 1983 I think at some hall at the University of Minnesota.

Ronnie James Dio/Twisted Sister - 1984 at Navy Island in St Paul Minnesota. I went with three friends two of which have passed away. Seen Dio a couple other times but this one was best.

Journey/Eddie Money - Always was a big fan of Journey this was in 1986 I believe.

KISS - Seen them a few times, first time I seen them was in 1984, Queensryche opened for them.

AC/DC & Yngwie Malmsteen - Amazing concert, Yngwie was better that night.

I got a bunch more and I seen Cheech & Chong a couple years ago here at the Majestic Theatre, was in front row for that...

Queensryche didn't make my list but I've seen them a bunch of times including clubs. Saw them in a place called L'amour on the Rage for Order tour. Unbelieveable but the best was at the Beacon theater in NY when they did "An evening with Operation Mindcrime".

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never, as long as I live, NOT get goosebumps when listening to Angry Again, Sweating Bullets, Symphony and about 50 others with the volume at 10. Feeling that bass live is incredible. Marty was the guitar player when I saw them.
I know what you mean! My favorites are Holy Wars and Hanger 18. The guitars are incredible and so intricate on both songs and they sounded amazing live!
Chris Broderick was the guitarist when I saw them. I remember seeing somewhere that he was predominately a classical guitarist when Dave found him.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queensryche didn't make my list but I've seen them a bunch of times including clubs. Saw them in a place called L'amour on the Rage for Order tour. Unbelieveable but the best was at the Beacon theater in NY when they did "An evening with Operation Mindcrime".
I saw them at Pain In The Grass a couple of years ago. We got in for a special acoustic show before the start of the shows. They were really good!!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aerosmith was awesome; saw them in Tacoma about 8 or 9 years ago. Lenny Kravitz opened up and was OK, but Aerosmith kicked ass!! They played mostly the older songs...

Saw Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour at MSG. They absolutely tore the place up. Tyler was at his best and never stopped moving. I saw in the 4th row and I believe was 18. Killer

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hells Angels came in because the cops threw their hands up and walked away. She said the whole thing was surreal. I've seen some videos of it and Jagger was especially "up" for that show. Must have gotten a batch of some really, really good shit.
The opening track of BOC's first album, Transmaniacon MC, refers to happenings at Altamont. :D

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than #1 most of these are interchangable

(1) Billy Joel - The last play at Shea 2007 Tons of guests. Garth Brooks, Tony Bennet, Roger Daltry, Steven Tyler and Sir Paul Mccarthey
(2) Iron Maiden - Powerslave Tour 1984. Saw them 3 times on that one.
(3) Billy Joel/Elton John - Forget the year but it was when "The Lion King" came out
(4) Ozzy -Bark at the Moon Tour with Metallica opening.
(5) Paul Dianno - 2012. The original singer for iron Maiden- Couldn't believe how good he was and it was a small place, BB Kings's in NYC. Saw him 11 months later and it was the worst show I've ever seen.
(6) Metallica at a club clalled L'amour in Brooklyn on their first tour. I was 12 and they still let me in. 1982(Give or take)
(7) The Police reunion tour a few years back. They killed it at MSG.
(8) Ozfest - Forget the year (2009 I think). Sabbath headlined and Iron Maiden opened playing from only Number of the beast, Powerslave and Piece of Mind.
(9) John Mellencamp at Jones Beach with the Wallflowers opening. Forget the year. Probably 2002.
(10) Van Halen Reunion tour a few years back. Eddie was fresh out of rehab and killed it. You always need to see them after Eddie has his inevitable trip to rehab. If you see one of the shows prior to him heading to rehab it kinda sucks

Saw them in Chicago a few years back and had ringing in my ears for 2 weeks after.

Little did I know that my right ear drum was damaged. I now have a hearing aid as a souvenir of that concert

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seen that too, what was it like 2003 or 2004? I don't know if i'll ever see them again, Geoff's voice is gone but if Chris decided to join them for one last tour i'd probably go.