• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your top 10 coaching jobs going into 2020

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Ohio State
4. UGA
5. OU
6. Oregon
7. LSU
8. Florida
9. USC
10 Texas

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with USC/Texas over Oregon. The natural advantages both of those programs have is pretty incredible.

LSU/Florida I can at least see an argument that the competition is so fierce in the SEC that you have a short leash.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with USC/Texas over Oregon. The natural advantages both of those programs have is pretty incredible.

LSU/Florida I can at least see an argument that the competition is so fierce in the SEC that you have a short leash.

The trouble with USC and Texas has been meeting expectations. There recruiting hasn't been very solid
and their players getting to the NF: has been lacking. That's where the kids want to go...to the school/coaching
that can get them into the NFL.

I'm alright with the top 4. I think I'd put Bama and Ohio St over Clemson, but the top 4 is pretty spot-on.
I'd also put Notre Dame somewhere in that list. Any place that can recruit solid players every year and thus
create competition on the practice field is a good job. The environment keeps every player working and busting his
ass for playing time.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trouble with USC and Texas has been meeting expectations. There recruiting hasn't been very solid
and their players getting to the NF: has been lacking. That's where the kids want to go...to the school/coaching

I'm alright with the top 4. I think I'd put Bama and Ohio St over Clemson, but the top 4 is pretty spot-on.
I'd also put Notre Dame somewhere in that list. Any place that can recruit solid players every year and thus
create competition on the practice field is a good job. The environment keeps every player working and busting his
ass for playing time.
Up until the last couple years, it was incredibly rare for Oregon to outrecruit Texas or USC.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ass for playing time.

The only reason I put Clemson ahead of Bama and tOSU is bc at this point they're a shoe in into the playoffs without any in conference competition and will compete for a National Championship every season.

Great point on ND. They recruit very well and always put players into the league. Although I they're benefiting from the great programs on their schedule not meeting expectations.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until the last couple years, it was incredibly rare for Oregon to outrecruit Texas or USC.
Wait Oregon has been out recruiting Texas the last few years? Texas job is a headache.. So many parts of the machine that coaches seem to forget the basic stuff. You can get players regardless because you don't have to sell UT hard on the rd, problem is evaluating/identifying the right ones.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Oregon has been out recruiting Texas the last few years? Texas job is a headache.. So many parts of the machine that coaches seem to forget the basic stuff. You can get players regardless because you don't have to sell UT hard on the rd, problem is evaluating/identifying the right ones.

They did in 2017. Last year was pretty close. We'll see what happens for 2021.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did in 2017. Last year was pretty close. We'll see what happens for 2021.
LOL everyone did better than Texas in 2017.. That's when strong was fired and Herman came aboard, transition class.
How did Oregon fare in 2018, 2019, 2020 compared to Texas?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL everyone did better than Texas in 2017.. That's when strong was fired and Herman came aboard, transition class.
How did Oregon fare in 2018, 2019, 2020 compared to Texas?

I mentioned already that Oregon was just behind Texas last year, as both had good classes.

FWIW, Oregon got a new coach before and after the 2017 season as well

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I put Clemson ahead of Bama and tOSU is bc at this point they're a shoe in into the playoffs without any in conference competition and will compete for a National Championship every season.

Great point on ND. They recruit very well and always put players into the league. Although I they're benefiting from the great programs on their schedule not meeting expectations.
Crazy to think there’s very little hope FSU, MIAMI, and VT doing anything, anytime soon.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think FSU can bounce back, it's the flagship of FL. Miami is a ways off with Manny _iaz leading them

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So FL is the flagship school now? Mullen has brought them back?
*I see they won the sec east in 2015 and 2016..FLAGSHIP

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has no business on the list and Michigan is still a top 10 job even though Harbaugh isn't doing anything with it.

Programs that have fallen in desirability:
Nebraska
Penn State
FSU
Washington
Tennessee
Miami

Programs that would be considered the next 10 (in no particular order):
Wisconsin
Auburn
Texas A&M
Stanford
Tennesee
FSU
Washington
Penn State
Miami - In danger of dropping out of top 20
Oregon

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So FL is the flagship school now? Mullen has brought them back?
*I see they won the sec east in 2015 and 2016..FLAGSHIP
Look I hate Florida but there are a lot more Florida fans in the state than FSU fans and Florida does have 2 NC's in football and basketball in the modern age.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has no business on the list and Michigan is still a top 10 job even though Harbaugh isn't doing anything with it.

Programs that have fallen in desirability:
Nebraska
Penn State
FSU
Washington
Tennessee
Miami

Programs that would be considered the next 10 (in no particular order):
Wisconsin
Auburn
Texas A&M
Stanford
Tennesee
FSU
Washington
Penn State
Miami - In danger of dropping out of top 20
Oregon
How is FSU lost it's desirability? Is this list going by who would have interest right now?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I hate Florida but there are a lot more Florida fans in the state than FSU fans and Florida does have 2 NC's in football and basketball in the modern age.
Again that still doesn't make sense about FSU.. Who is the flagship.. State school. One of the very top fertile recruiting grounds for football. They just need to find the right coaching fit