• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your expectations?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you expecting out of the Sharks this season? If they shore up their PK, that will go a long way towards getting better in the standings. Sucks that three of their six regular dmen are injured.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pray: hoping we just make the playoffs :pray:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If, and I know it's a big if, they have fixed their PK, they are a playoff team, capable of winning the Pacific. I think people underestimate how much their shitty PK absolutely killed them last season.
ESPN had some stats, and the Sharks were like 8th in the league in goals allowed, and 2nd on the PP. The top 2 lines are very good, and I think they have some depth on D now, once Burns and Demers return.
They need to come up with a solid 3rd line, that's the key to this season....Someone needs to step up, maybe they sign Gomez and he goes back to being a good player, and hopefully they make a trade before the deadline for another good 3rd liner.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern with the compacted schedule is that the lack of depth on this team will be much more apparent. There won't be three and four day breaks between games like there normally. That means you have to limit the top lines minutes and play the third and fourth lines more. I don't think that is an advantage for the Sharks.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Cup or bust.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to say right now with the randomness at which players on teams did/didn't play, practice, got injured, etc...

I think that Robinson was a good pickup and you can already see a different approach to our games: More hustle, more fore/back checking, etc. I tend to believe that if you focus on those types of details that a lot of the other things fall into place - and with the talent on the team it can be a good thing. We clearly have some holes to fill up, but I think we can be competitive. 6th-8th I would say.