• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well, we've seen tedenby. thoughts?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay well we got our first true look

i thought he looked good, really strong on the puck for his size... got thrashed once but was able to make like hard on defenders to take the puck from him

had a couple ill advised dangles but that'll come with experience.
i thought he was very strong on the cylce.
he may need a year.

but i also think he'd be good with more flow based linemates compared to rolston and mair too.

i give him a B for tonight.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
B is a fair grade. You can tell he just has that explosiveness. If you aren't careful with him on defense, he will fly right by you in a split second. He kind of reminds me a bit of a St Louis, although he has a long way to go to fill in those skates.

There were times tonight you could tell he wanted to almost do too much with the puck. He did get pushed around, but when you are outweighed by almost a hundred pounds, its to be expected. He got right up and didn't let it bother him.

He might start in the minors, but I do expect some stints at the NHL level this season.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
oh Devs, thanks for the invite. Great looking forum

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a believer that if zubrus is traded i do think that it will be tedenby given a shot for his job.

i think rollie is destined forthe fourth line. his lack of mobility makes him stick out too much as that kind of player.

however i do not think you will see josefson and tedenby together, i think they will be separated. most likely langs moved to a line with clarkson and josefson and tedenby w patty

these tho are all ifs

and rp2. no problem. welcome

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a little early to tell but i think playing with a better center will help.Im kinda looking forward toseeing him play with jj because they have had a little more time to build chemestry.

The2000cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think he needs a year in the minors.. he got pushed around a little too easy today.. the potential is there for sure.. but i think we need to be a little more patient with him.. but then again the assessment might not be fair because of who he was playing with.. i'd like to see him with better offensive players..

one thing i thought was on point was his vision.. made some nice passes to some open guys such as setting up corrente on the point for the point blank shot

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a good impression and is very promissing. His size was an issue but I think and hope that in 1 year after being in minor he will make a team permanently.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the reason jj didnt play is due to a swollen foot.guess he got hit by a shot during the flyers game.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me impressed with Tedenby.

I am however, trying to balance my head with my heart. My head says that he could really use another year in the minors. My heart thinks that this team could be very good this year and make a serious run that he would be a useful part of.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me impressed with Tedenby.

I am however, trying to balance my head with my heart. My head says that he could really use another year in the minors. My heart thinks that this team could be very good this year and make a serious run that he would be a useful part of.

i agree with this almost fully

however he becomes useful in my head depending on who is traded too...

watching that game with the rangers, he is undoubtedly our most talented offensive prospect, including josefson. and the only wing thats even remotely close to him is vasyunov, and he's a long way off.

but i think that game demonstrated his flaws and assets beautifully. he quite clearly is no defensive daimond. he knows to be on his point in the defensive end but not much else.

however neutral zone and further his talent takes over, BUT he needs to be with flow players for it to truely work. he'd work well with someone with at least mild creativity. most notably elias.

so i look at our situation, and go okay, i know if we have 2 rookies at forward (him and josefson) they will not be on the same line, thats too risky. and i also know that tedenby is not quite fit for a line that will be relied on defensively...

now we have 2 interchangeable parts in langs and zubes. and both are mentioned in trade rumors. both can play checking roles and offensive line roles...

my belief is if EITHER of these 2 are traded, tedenby makes the team, and probably plays with elias in some capacity. with whoever not being traded being on the 3rd line w josefson and clarkson for balance reliability and depth.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with that. What I don't want to see is any of these promising young kids burried on the 4th line. No one develops there (imo). They should get playing time, here or down in the minors.

And I agree with the trade scenarios. Considering our cap/roster situation, the Tedenbys, Urboms (maybe less so because he's been very impressive), Taorminas, etc. of the world are conditional based upon who we unload. If we unload Langs and Zubrus, Tedenby probably has a spot. If it is Langs and Salvadore, then maybe not. It's all speculation until we start making moves. For now it is a lot of wait and see.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like they are playing him at his natural wing tonight on a better line.looks like this may be his big test lets see if hes able to take advantage of the opportunity.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his main competition (vasyunov) is gone so this is his chance for sure.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He looked good tonight. To me, his chances of making the team at the start of the season seem very good. He is very talented, and explosive on those skates.
Like Devs30rko says, additional spots opened up with some of the cuts, and especially the fact that a forward can be moved in order to get under the cap.

Nice pass by Tedenby on Kovy's highlight game winning goal.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good tonight. To me, his chances of making the team at the start of the season seem very good. He is very talented, and explosive on those skates.
Like Devs30rko says, additional spots opened up with some of the cuts, and especially the fact that a forward can be moved in order to get under the cap.

Nice pass by Tedenby on Kovy's highlight game winning goal.

I agree. From what I've seen so far, this kid should have a legit chance of starting the season in New Jersey. Especially if he keeps up his strong play in Friday's game with the Isles. If he struggles, then you send him down. For me, if he's good enough to help the big club right now then why not? Just look at the 2010 Final. Both teams had tremendous depth. Be nice to have that with our team. We're much deeper now than we've been in years but this kid could make us that much deeper, IMO.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great read...

i was a big believer that MT wouldn't be on this team this year. but with a decent performance in the ranger game and very good one in the philly game (with players similair to the type of ones he'd actually play with) i think he's got a real shot.

ESPECIALLY if salvador is going on LTIR due to the JVR hit, a wing WILL be moved in some way, whether it be trade or waivers.

if that happens i think he's on the team.

and lets be real... we can start guessing as to what JJ's jersey number is gonna be because he's on the team barring death.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think that he needs Langenbrunner to be traded to make it. I don't see them putting him on a potential third line with JJ.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that he needs Langenbrunner to be traded to make it. I don't see them putting him on a potential third line with JJ.

see i agree in part, in that he wouldn't end up on a defensive oriented line

however, i think zubrus and langs are in a way interchangeable.
i wouldn't be suprised if you saw zubes get traded, then langs moved to a line w JJ and clarky and tedenby end up w elias and arnott