• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well this season is done

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're overreacting Ted. Gausman will get his chance, Britton has gotten a couple chances already, and the rest will force their way up if they keep pitching the way they are. But a prospect is just that.....a prospect. You can knock Gonzo all you want, but he is proving to be a serviceable starter in the major leagues. Something that Britton, Arrieta, Matusz etc. haven't proven. You don't remove good starters when they are pitching well, you remove them when they struggle. If Gonzo, Norris, Feldman (if resigned) struggle next year.....then a spot opens up for Gausman and company to prove they have what it takes.
well norris is a killer vs right handed batter but is terrible vs lhb mmmmmmm sounds like a bp arm . britton hasn't been healthy since his rookie year . feldman was groomed as a bp arm and that is his best role . gonzo the o's push him back and push him back and was picked up off the trash heap . i like gonzo and would love him in the longman . i'm not overreacting how does the rays do the young pitchers sometimes it's the coaching and i have never been a fan of adair just like pressley and castro all suck . i will give norris this much he has shook off matt's pitch and got the out .

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i felt the exact same thing on tillman . one thing about it until we get better called games no pitcher will ever be good enough . atleast he is a tiger killer :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Exactly...thats been my point since I noticed the same trend this year with all of the pitchers

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well norris is a killer vs right handed batter but is terrible vs lhb mmmmmmm sounds like a bp arm . britton hasn't been healthy since his rookie year . feldman was groomed as a bp arm and that is his best role . gonzo the o's push him back and push him back and was picked up off the trash heap . i like gonzo and would love him in the longman . i'm not overreacting how does the rays do the young pitchers sometimes it's the coaching and i have never been a fan of adair just like pressley and castro all suck . i will give norris this much he has shook off matt's pitch and got the out .

How do u figure?...feldman since he's been here has had 1 maybe 2 bad starts every other time on the mound he has given the o's a chance to win

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox fan here: But I wouldn't go counting your team out yet. Look at the Yankees, they aren't playing well at all, the rays are so inconsistent (at best) and you guys control your destiny with the TB series. It aint over

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going his job now.... August 3.14 era and 1.62 in Sept so far.

6 million doesn't effect you or me we aren't paying for it so don't concern yourself with what he makes it has no effect on this team this year...

Morse trade was dumb

how can you tell?...buck has had his panties in a bunch, Ive never seen buck so quick with the hook other than with morse with his inconsistent at-bats...his first start for the o's he had 2 hits, then he's replaced late in the game for a subpar hitter...and hasnt seen consistent action...for a team struggling for runs that is appalling...

This clown buck continue's to have people in the line-up barely hitting .200...and pitch people with a 5+ ERA...funny how quick buck was to get hammel back on the field in a starting role...but it took morse 3 games to even get an at-bat

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you tell?...buck has had his panties in a bunch, Ive never seen buck so quick with the hook other than with morse with his inconsistent at-bats...his first start for the o's he had 2 hits, then he's replaced late in the game for a subpar hitter...and hasnt seen consistent action...for a team struggling for runs that is appalling...

This clown buck continue's to have people in the line-up barely hitting .200...and pitch people with a 5+ ERA...funny how quick buck was to get hammel back on the field in a starting role...but it took morse 3 games to even get an at-bat

I would like to see Morse get some consistent AB's. You brought him over, now use him. Let's see what he can do in the lineup everyday. Buck is way too stubborn and has cost the team many games this season with his bad decision making with his pitching staff. Don't do the same with Morse otherwise, why did the team make the move to get him so late?

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you seen Britton's numbers vs. lefties this year? They are horrifying....and he's a lefty!
Baltimore Orioles 2013 Pitching Statistics - ESPN

And stop making excuses for Britton. He hasn't been hurt at all this year and he felt fine to begin the season.
PressBox: Zach Britton Feeling Physically, Mentally Healthy For 2013 Season

Feldman has been a starter 5 out of the past 6 years and has been our best starter since he was acquired. The only person in the world who thinks the bullpen is his best role right now is you. :crazy:

And who cares if we got Gonzo off the trash heap? The same could be said for Guthrie and he turned out to be a pretty good pitcher. All I care about is how he is doing now against ML players. Would I prefer for him to go deeper into games? Absolutely. But a 3.92 era, 1.26 WHIP is good and is certainly better than what Britton has shown in his best year. Maybe Britton should be trying for that longman spot because he isn't going to steal a rotation spot from Gonzo....

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know Morse is hitting .125 for us right? And even if you say he hasn't been given enough of an opportunity....he wasn't exactly lighting it up in Seattle with a .226 avg. Honestly, I think Valencia has stolen his at bats. If I have the option, I'm starting Danny everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mister norris has a 7.40 era at camden .

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of them have the "oh no I actually pitched into the 7th and we have a one-run lead, crap, if I let the other team tie it I'll feel soooo horrible, maybe even be chastised by Buck, so you know what, I'm going to pitch veeeerrryyy carefully to the first batter, and if that dosen't work out, hey, I'll get a double play against an even better hitter!!, even if I go 2-0!":whistle: Even the great Tillman does this. Norris is the only one who can battle out of jams.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Morse is hitting .125 for us right? And even if you say he hasn't been given enough of an opportunity....he wasn't exactly lighting it up in Seattle with a .226 avg. Honestly, I think Valencia has stolen his at bats. If I have the option, I'm starting Danny everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

he has been injured all yr and since hes been healthy he hasnt gotten the opportunity to get at-bats...ok valencia may have taken some of his at-bats but you also have guys in the line-up that simply arent producing...when jones, davis, markakis and mcclouth are going thru their patented 0-15 skids with 10 strikeouts...thats when they get days off...therefore opening an at-bat or 2 for morse, especially when we have had to suffer thru the whole yr of wieters in the batters box, or damn near anybody that has played 2nd base for this team...i see morse also getting pinchhit for in the 5th inning of a game he starts for who? urrutia, casilla, betemit, and/or flaherty? ...come on now thats not getting a chance...especially since we have scored 5 runs or more what 3 times in a month, better yet 15 times since the all-star break?

Last edited by a moderator:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson has been dfa'd

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rays 2-1 lead 4th and royals 1-0 over the indians 1st

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I just noticed that 4 of the 6 teams in the race for the wild cards play each other this week...... BIG week for us

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT:

How are you possibly a cowboys, Orioles, and Nittany Lions fan?

Grew up in DC, originally from Texas?

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT:

How are you possibly a cowboys, Orioles, and Nittany Lions fan?

Grew up in DC, originally from Texas?

Player fan when i was young and stayed with that players team as i grew up....... Deion/Emmitt and Cal. PSU is my home team. lol

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Rangers are playing, you guys shouldn't have too big a problem taking a WC spot.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player fan when i was young and stayed with that players team as i grew up....... Deion/Emmitt and Cal. PSU is my home team. lol

Gotcha. Just curious.

Cal was the MAN, and one out of three ain't bad!:yahoo::suds:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Rangers are playing, you guys shouldn't have too big a problem taking a WC spot.
i think the indians and rays