• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well...let's talk about 2018

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not how you start, but how you finish. It's a long season and it's more important to be playing well as you go into the playoffs then playing well at the beginning of the year. We may indeed struggle early on.
Wentz is franchise player. He needs to be here for the next 15 years. There is no need or reason to put him out there unless he's 110%. A few losses at the beginning of the season are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I'd rather he not play for the first 4-5 games.
Lots of injuries to important people, lots of rust to be knocked off.
Defense is looking good. I'm more concerned with seeing progress at this point and the first couple of games than i am with victories.

All of this. Well said!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all about not risking Wentz out there until he's "absolutely" 100%. Even is that means going with Foles out there for the first month of the season. As I pointed out earlier ... with his injury, there's much more likelihood of re-injuring between 9-10 months than there is if you wait out the full 12 months. If it means Wentz missing 6-8 games then so be it. This D and running game can keep us afloat for the first part of the season and Foles can do enough to win some games as long as he takes care of the ball.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its proven statistically that the first three games of the season are very important to making the playoffs. Thankfully we should be able to win 2 out of 3 with tampa and indy on schedule. I think the atlanta game will be close but I am getting a bad feeling about that one. I disagree the end of the season is as important tho I always hate seeing bad play entering the playoffs. Perfect example was this team last year. Ended poor won bowl.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading too much into the offensive struggles. I think that the coaching staff tried giving Vaitai more 1-on-1 looks to see how he handled it in the preseason. They'll likely get back to giving him more help during the season. Free look at the guy, might as well see if you can count on him to be a lock-down LT (doesn't look to be the case). So you probably have to look at moving Lane there for good when Peters hangs them up.

Good point.. and it also lets you know just how much we need to start looking at LT as our top offensive priority - which is typically a 1st round pick. We got both Peters and Runyan by trade tho, right?? Might be the better bet to just pay for a proven young talent, even at the expense of a 1st rounder. So next question - who would that be??

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its proven statistically that the first three games of the season are very important to making the playoffs. Thankfully we should be able to win 2 out of 3 with tampa and indy on schedule. I think the atlanta game will be close but I am getting a bad feeling about that one. I disagree the end of the season is as important tho I always hate seeing bad play entering the playoffs. Perfect example was this team last year. Ended poor won bowl.

I'm in full agreement with you and would prefer to see great play going into the playoffs. It keeps a tone and discipline. And I do think we were trying to win, as they wanted to get Foles up to speed as fast as possible. Foles proved he could not handle this offense the way Doug wanted to run it and the way he had with Wentz. Doug put a TON of overtime work into the break before the playoffs studying every single game Foles played and had success. That's besides just preparing for our next opponent. He completely changed things on offense to prepare for Foles at the helm. This is the massive massive difference between Doug and Reid, and why Doug is far more comparable to Belichick than Reid. Reid's own players admitted they did the same thing regardless of opponent. Reid was incapable of seeing a game and recognizing what change was needed - even with Runyan yelling at him in the cAR NFCC game.. which was obvious to everyone watching the game. Nevermind a QB with busted ribs also. I love that he recognized the need for change after beating NYG. He doesn't let a win stop him from seeing issues -- something many around here use to call negadelphian. Critical analysis is key to being the best. Doug is a special coach and we are lucky to have him. He is truly the X factor on this team, no matter who we have starting. Now, if we only had the NE division to play every year.... :D

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.. and it also lets you know just how much we need to start looking at LT as our top offensive priority - which is typically a 1st round pick. We got both Peters and Runyan by trade tho, right?? Might be the better bet to just pay for a proven young talent, even at the expense of a 1st rounder. So next question - who would that be??
I think Runyan was a FA when he came here, I know Peters was a trade.

And as much as I like Lane, he's one dumbass move away from a two year suspension, so you'd think that they'd be looking for one, if not two, tackles, with one guy hopefully being able to be the guy that could eventually replace Lane at LT.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey by week 3 per some sources today.

I can totally live with this!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Runyan was a FA when he came here, I know Peters was a trade.

And as much as I like Lane, he's one dumbass move away from a two year suspension, so you'd think that they'd be looking for one, if not two, tackles, with one guy hopefully being able to be the guy that could eventually replace Lane at LT.

Yes, Runyan was a free agent that Tennessee wanted to keep but the Eagles made him an offer way above what Tennessee had cap room for. Jeff Fisher was almost in tears.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runyon was a RT. Tre was the LT in that era.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Mychal Kendricks agrees with me. He ALSO believes that the Eagles wide receivers are sub-par.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if healthy, Alshon, Nelson, Mike, and Hollins, make us at least above average. Giants are the best WR corp in the NFCE, but we are above Dallas and Wash, IMO.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if healthy, Alshon, Nelson, Mike, and Hollins, make us at least above average. Giants are the best WR corp in the NFCE, but we are above Dallas and Wash, IMO.
IF Alshon is healthy. When will that be?
Will Agholor play next week for certain?
What the hell has Hollins done to prove that he is above average?
The others MIGHT be average AT BEST.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Alshon is healthy. When will that be?
Will Agholor play next week for certain?
What the hell has Hollins done to prove that he is above average?
The others MIGHT be average AT BEST.

According to sources Jeffrey should be back week 3. No sweat.
Aggy is a better question, but I’m betting he eases in right away. Hopefully with little rust.
Hollins is a fair point to this point. But it might be a little unfair. He is one of those overrated young types due to his promise. We won’t know for sure if he lives up to it for a short bit yet.

I think in the end (and what I hope to see more of this year) is that there is a scheme and game plan there that makes most players better than their collective talent might be.

Let’s see more of that and just be thankful we don’t have the likes of Stinkston and Trash anymore.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to sources Jeffrey should be back week 3. No sweat.
Aggy is a better question, but I’m betting he eases in right away. Hopefully with little rust.
Hollins is a fair point to this point. But it might be a little unfair. He is one of those overrated young types due to his promise. We won’t know for sure if he lives up to it for a short bit yet.

I think in the end (and what I hope to see more of this year) is that there is a scheme and game plan there that makes most players better than their collective talent might be.

Let’s see more of that and just be thankful we don’t have the likes of Stinkston and Trash anymore.
Next Thursday, who are the starting WR's?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Thursday, who are the starting WR's?

I have not followed close enough to say for sure to this point. Admittedly it won’t be a stellar line up. Thankfully the entire season doesn’t end with a loss in week 1.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they better hope that they get above average production receiving from their tight ends and running backs.