• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Former ESPN Board Members

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to extend a warm welcome to the former members of the ESPN boards that closed earlier this week.

I was never a member of the ESPN boards but I did read a great many of the posts over there & the conversations, pertaining to the Pittsburgh sports teams.

Welcome, one & all, to the hoop. I'm sure all of you will add some new blood & some great value, to our Pittsburgh sports team boards, here at Sports SportsHoopla.

I look forward to reading your thoughts & discussing all types of Pittsburgh sports topics with all of you.

Again, Welcome, one & all.

Burgh

S

sportswise1

so far I don't see many of them on here -at least not with their same user names.
I know the two other boards that most of them went to- not any better than this one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are any new members to the Pirate board as a result of the ESPN board shutting down, I would like to welcome each of you. Go ahead and use this thread to announce your presence if you wish, though we'll certainly become aware of you soon enough once you start to get into the conversations.

:yo:

damien232307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left the Communist Manifesto err ESPN. I won't be posting there. If I wanted to be preached to I would be in church. If I wanted to deal with politics, I would be on CNN or Fox News. They can go screw themselves. I never was a big poster and generally saved my vitriol for the idiot who thought Littlefield was a good GM and was highly critical of Huntington. I never really thought we were a serious playoff contender the last two seasons and really never got critical that other than Wandy we didn't make a major acquisition to improve the offense. We need to acquire an impact bat either at first or right. This year we need an impact bat and we have the ability and the prospects along with the money to do it. Hopefully this season we will be bold and finally make the needed move.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I think damien is the one lonely poster that I found over there... Welcome!

damien232307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I appreciate the heads up on the site and the more intelligent fans are definitely on this site.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all. Another ESPN refugee here. I've never really been a consistent Buccos poster on any boards...I guess 20 years of losing sapped my motivation to post. I spent most of my ESPN days on the Pens board, but I always keep up with what's going on in Bucoland. I've beome interested again the lat 5 years when the team started to at least partially do the right thing and invest in building the team from the minors up. Anywho, good to be here

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also here from the ESPN boards, I posted occasionally on the Bucs and Pens boards.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I left the Communist Manifesto err ESPN. I won't be posting there. If I wanted to be preached to I would be in church. If I wanted to deal with politics, I would be on CNN or Fox News. They can go screw themselves. I never was a big poster and generally saved my vitriol for the idiot who thought Littlefield was a good GM and was highly critical of Huntington. I never really thought we were a serious playoff contender the last two seasons and really never got critical that other than Wandy we didn't make a major acquisition to improve the offense. We need to acquire an impact bat either at first or right. This year we need an impact bat and we have the ability and the prospects along with the money to do it. Hopefully this season we will be bold and finally make the needed move.

Etrius....we need etrius here. We need someone to continually point out every suspect move Huntington has ever made.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Etrius....we need etrius here. We need someone to continually point out every suspect move Huntington has ever made.

I got the opposite impression of Etrius, maybe not praising NH, but getting a little more excited than perhaps was warranted over some of our prospects.

Streicher, on the other hand....

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the opposite impression of Etrius, maybe not praising NH, but getting a little more excited than perhaps was warranted over some of our prospects.

:gaah: I forgot about him....

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That is who I meant, appologies to etruis for confusing the two.

Streicher is a complete moron, but at least he shows conviction to his incorrect views.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite striecher comment was his rant about the farm system being baren. He was completely clueless about all the good young talent in our farm system.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is who I meant, appologies to etruis for confusing the two.

Streicher is a complete moron, but at least he shows conviction to his incorrect views.

Was entertaining to say the least.

Anyway welcome to all the new members from ESPN.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome. I am from ESPN. Been a Pirate fan since 1965. Favorite Pirate "The Great One'