• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8: Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely not on the Defense

Von blew a safety in the endzone and D. Harris with a horse collar to pretty much seal our fate. I’m not saying I 100% blame the defense for the whole game as they kept us in it even with the lead but I do blame them for that last drive,

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Alexander Johnson with the horse collar penalty, but it wasn't. His hand was on top of the shoulder pad. I am not sure what more he is supposed to do.

Either way it was another game that is going down as a loss that should have been a win. Not sure what it will take to turn the corner, but something has to happen. I thought Von was the guy to make the play, but he came up short today.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von blew a safety in the endzone and D. Harris with a horse collar to pretty much seal our fate. I’m not saying I 100% blame the defense for the whole game as they kept us in it even with the lead but I do blame them for that last drive,

It was actually Alexander Johnson with the horsecollar.

Yeah not a good last drive, but if it wasn't for the D we aren't in any games with this cruddy offense.

offense sucks and the D just isn't clutch on the last drives of the game it appears. Felt like the Bears game all over.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of good that came out of this game:
  • Offensive line did play pretty well against a pretty defense.
  • Offense didn't turn the ball over.
  • Offensive play call was less predictable for the most part.
  • Fant had a good game.
  • Sutton started off a bit rough, but settled in and was a difference maker when he was targeted. Probably should have thrown it his way more.
  • Defense flat out shutdown a dynamic offense.
  • Defense was able to get to the QB against what one of the best Olines in the NFL.
  • Defense did force a turnover.
There was some bad too:
  • The kick return to start the game was horrible.
  • Punting from mid-field and they get the ball near the 20.
  • Too many penalties.
  • The whole team was unable to make the play to seal the game.
    • Offense not able to get the first down inside 2 minutes go in the game.
    • Defense was unable to get a stop inside 2 minutes when they start inside their own 20.
In the end it was another heart breaking game. The team is building character as they continue to be tested to see if they will stick together as a team or crack.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts were bad in every way, yet came away with a win

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts were bad in every way, yet came away with a win

I think Denver’s D is top 5 . It’s just they can’t carry the O

indys strength the oline was dominated by Denver’s Dline.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like kicking a FG when you can have 4th and goal from the 1 yard line if you accept the offsides penalty, but I guess you kick it so that the Panthers don't say that you are showing them up.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, wrong forum. How the fuck did I screw that up? LOL.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s OK Elway should have hired Shanahan
49ers are rolling on both sides of the ball.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanahan has his QBOTF in Jimmy G. Let’s not forget he was hot garbage without him. If we hired him instead of Vance Joseph he would already be fired right now because this team won’t allow coaches to go more than two years if they don’t have immediate success.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is really good. The offense has only scored 20+ twice all season. That’s a recipe for 2-6. Flacco’s point about the play calling at 3-5 to play for the win may have been stronger if he and the offense had shown any hint of being able to make the gain needed to ice the game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is really good. The offense has only scored 20+ twice all season. That’s a recipe for 2-6. Flacco’s point about the play calling at 3-5 to play for the win may have been stronger if he and the offense had shown any hint of being able to make the gain needed to ice the game.

Regardless of QB at 2-5 you still have to do it. Try to win the game at the 2 minute warning. Another PF penalty pushed the ball downfield on the last drive.= but if you want your defense to win it your superstar has to make a play when he has the chance. Miller was a goat today along with many others

Be bold and chuck it deep to Sutton

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of QB at 2-5 you still have to do it. Try to win the game at the 2 minute warning. Another PF penalty pushed the ball downfield on the last drive.= but if you want your defense to win it your superstar has to make a play when he has the chance. Miller was a goat today along with many others

Be bold and chuck it deep to Sutton

I’ll buy that, fair enough.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, there is an answer for him IMO. Let him have his way .....Sink or swim.

At this point, we have a choice win out we have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Conservative at some point you hit teams with all you got. The game plan the KC Chiefs hit us with but the opposite . all out on O Flacco is right IMO.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final 4 drives of the game
13 plays 15 yards

we’re wasting our D again

thanks John

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is an answer for him IMO. Let him have his way .....Sink or swim.

At this point, we have a choice win out we have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Conservative at some point you hit teams with all you got. The game plan the KC Chiefs hit us with but the opposite . all out on O Flacco is right IMO.

I agree Flacco is right but he has been part of the issue. I think if you are going to question the play calling you do it behind close doors and not to reporters.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Flacco is right but he has been part of the issue. I think if you are going to question the play calling you do it behind close doors and not to reporters.

Ahh, yes and no ... He may have already done that. I get him if that is the case he is starting to look bad and IMO looking like a glue factory specimen. Maybe he is wanting to save what's left of his time in Football and knows this is his last chance.

The staff at this point needs to press the pedal to the floor ..What is to lose at this point .. This team is best in no-huddle.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Airing dirty laundry to the media isn't going to endear you to the your play caller. It isn't going to help the situation.

Today there was a lot more innovative play calling then we have seen but it was not called at the critical moment on 3rd down. I would have liked to see a version of the play called on 2nd down where Lindsay leaked out into the flat. There was a much greater chance of getting a 1st down and it would have forced the Colts to take their last timeout.

The one thing I am seeing it the rest of the offense is so young, why not start a young QB with rest of the young players. You never know they might be young and dumb enough to make some plays that are not being made now.

I hope Lock is activated from IR to start after the bye. Let the play calling mesh with the young talent that will be here next year instead of Joe who I think has made his bed and will be gone before next season gets started.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming into this season, Kyle Shanahan was 10-22 as HC of the 9ers

Vance was 11-21

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into this season, Kyle Shanahan was 10-22 as HC of the 9ers

Vance was 11-21

I agree: it’s unfair to criticize Elway for not hiring Shanahan. At the time he wasn’t a proven commodity and hasn’t exactly lit up the 49ers until now. Some of that has been set backs due to injuries, but sometimes it takes a coach a couple seasons to get it right. Shanahan definitely wasn’t a sore thing at the time Elway was making his choice.