• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8: 49ers at Rams

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a video of Kaepernick not seeing Torrey Smith uncovered today. Torrey was screaming for the ball and Kaep was oblivious.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Boldin would play and losing Bush hurt. All the Rams injured players played. Too many penalties and dropped passes. When things go against you they really go against you. Tough day.

You need to dump that 'rollout right and dump to the RB 5 yards behind the line' play out of the playbook.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a video of Kaepernick not seeing Torrey Smith uncovered today. Torrey was screaming for the ball and Kaep was oblivious.
That cannot surprise you though; can it? It happens all game long.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When i saw that my mouth dropped open and said he has to be done as the niners qb after that. Like i said he is like stevie wonder playing where's waldo out there when he needs to find an open man. I mean the rams weren't even covering the 4th receiver on the field at times because they knew kaep wouldn't even look at him. Like ray charles playing i spy he can't not find a damn thing in the field of play.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side. At least we aren't blowing it on the red zone and goal to go drives.The 9ers only failed on one today.:yes:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Reggie Bush a 49er? Whatever skill he had left him in 2006. And the dude cannot stay healthy. He hurt himself today and tore his ACL. Millions of dollars spent on what, 56 yards of offense for the season? Whoever thought signing him was a good idea was sure mistaken. Or just taken.

:L

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i saw that my mouth dropped open and said he has to be done as the niners qb after that. Like i said he is like stevie wonder playing where's waldo out there when he needs to find an open man. I mean the rams weren't even covering the 4th receiver on the field at times because they knew kaep wouldn't even look at him. Like ray charles playing i spy he can't not find a damn thing in the field of play.

Hit the road KAP!!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Reggie Bush a 49er? Whatever skill he had left him in 2006. And the dude cannot stay healthy. He hurt himself today and tore his ACL. Millions of dollars spent on what, 56 yards of offense for the season? Whoever thought signing him was a good idea was sure mistaken. Or just taken.

:L

Another brilliant Baalke signing.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The hardest thing to watch besides the waste of talent is the lack of adjustments. I can't think of a better more fitting way to describe the 49ers process right now than this:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Todd Gurley is pretty good. It's amazing how 1 stud RB can make a bad offense seemingly good. We had that with Gore but Hyde's not there. I'm sure Baalke and York will blame this season on Kaep and a 1st year coach though.

Super Bowl is in your stadium and you let a coach and players that can get you in it just walk. Says a lot.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Todd Gurley is pretty good. It's amazing how 1 stud RB can make a bad offense seemingly good. We had that with Gore but Hyde's not there. I'm sure Baalke and York will blame this season on Kaep and a 1st year coach though.

Super Bowl is in your stadium and you let a coach and players that can get you in it just walk. Says a lot.

Hyde has been really good. He is 2nd the league in yards after contact. Our oline gets no push and there are defenders constantly in our backfield. No doubt Gurley really looks to be a great back. The 49ers had him pretty well contained most of the game until that one big run where Tank Carradine totally got put out of position. Apparently Carradine never played another snap. Maybe Fangio was right about this guy on early on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see this team going anywhere this year even if harbaugh was coach.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything starts with management, and ours is terrible right now. If Jed were a man of his word (all that accountability talk), he would resign from his position as CEO.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that MIke Davis hand is broken. That means we have a RB with a broken hand, a RB with a broken foot, and rookie RB I have never heard of who was elevated to start and Jaryd Hayne is in free for all land. Oh and our 5th round punter is hurt? Thank god we ditched Gore and Andy Lee... It was time. LOL

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that MIke Davis hand is broken. That means we have a RB with a broken hand, a RB with a broken foot, and rookie RB I have never heard of who was elevated to start and Jaryd Hayne is in free for all land. Oh and our 5th round punter is hurt? Thank god we ditched Gore and Andy Lee... It was time. LOL

I don't have a problem with Gore leaving. Gore is in the downturn part of his career and Indy offered more than the 49ers willing to give. Moving on from older vets is just part of football. I have watched players like Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, and Joe Montana go on to play for other teams. The job of the FO is to draft replacements in order to achieve success. Bill Walsh was great at doing this. In this case, the 49ers got it right with Hyde. Sometimes you just get hit with injuries at certain positions and this year it was RB for the 49ers.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick doesn't see Torrey Smith, angst ensues - NFL.com

And now some of his teammates are saying he should be benched.

Ahem. THIS play shows exactly what I've been seeing in our quarterback. He is absolutely terrible at reading coverage. He doesn't even recognize the fact that our best wide receiver was completely uncovered! Ridiculously bad.

His lack of vision has absolutely nothing to do with the offensive line. It has nothing to do with his offensive coordinator. That is 100% on him. Maybe now people here can open up their eyes to how bad he is instead of making excuses for him.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Gore leaving. Gore is in the downturn part of his career and Indy offered more than the 49ers willing to give. Moving on from older vets is just part of football. I have watched players like Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, and Joe Montana go on to play for other teams. The job of the FO is to draft replacements in order to achieve success. Bill Walsh was great at doing this. In this case, the 49ers got it right with Hyde. Sometimes you just get hit with injuries at certain positions and this year it was RB for the 49ers.

Overall I agree... about the concept of releasing Gore a bit too early rather than a bit too late. But to be fair he is on pace to rush for over a 1,000 yards, currently has the same yards per carry average as he had last year and is on pace to score more TD's than last year. My problem is the depth at the position we have. Fine release an aging GOAT RB, but have some quality depth ready to replace him. Reggie Bush? Did anyone really think this was the answer?