• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7: The Bungals

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the D-Line is overrated and the Goat of this week.. But for the season they are hardly bottom level.. Ansah should develop into a very good player.. It's all about our DTs playing more consistently..

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D line will develop especially Ansah. I think we as Lions fans just expect more havoc on a consistent basis. With the nonexistent holding calls in today's NFL I don't know if the Leo's defensive scheme can thrive. I really think most of our guys get held on every play.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions went to halftime with two timeouts. they ended the game with a challenge or two left. Cinci scored a TD on that drive. Why not just throw the red flag and at worst get your hand slapped by the officials for doing something stupid?

Safe to say it's coaching. No reason to keep giving up before half time either. Not when you have Stafford and Johnson on your team. Those two can eat up big chunks of yardage in a hurry. Only Schwartz is happy to go into halftime a loser.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been anything more than a nickel corner at best.. There are times where he gives up big plays.. His tackling is decent I'll give you that much.. Tbh Houston is not that great either, he is a nickel corner on a great defense...

He played his seventh game in his first season. While i agree there are way too many busts on detroit due to below average drafting its too early to call slay a bust or a steal. Most cornerbacks take time to develop

In regards to all of the stafford bashing he is the most talented qb lions fans have ever seen and hes halfway thru his third year. In the next year or so we should see him put everything together. The lions arent going anywhere this year anyhow.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad are the skins? McCown lighting them up

Better question, how bad are the bears? Ive been saying it a while they just arent good. They have beaten the giants, vikings, bengals and steelers. One decent team, the rest awful. Now they allow the redskins to drop 45 on them. Lions arent much better, they still allow way too many early long touchdowns and still disappear for huge chunks of games. You have to win your home games against average opponents like the bengals. The bengals are good but not great and will benefit from playing in the worst division in the playoffs. They will lose in the first rd. As will the lions if they somehow squeeze in.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say it's coaching. No reason to keep giving up before half time either. Not when you have Stafford and Johnson on your team. Those two can eat up big chunks of yardage in a hurry. Only Schwartz is happy to go into halftime a loser.

Yeah iv had beef with schwartz tossing in the towel before halftime before as well. Its pathetic really.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this point the lions have lost two games they shouldnt have to the hapless cardinals and a good/average bengals team at home.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this point the lions have lost two games they shouldnt have to the hapless cardinals and a good/average bengals team at home.

:agree:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question, how bad are the bears? Ive been saying it a while they just arent good. They have beaten the giants, vikings, bengals and steelers. One decent team, the rest awful. Now they allow the redskins to drop 45 on them. Lions arent much better, they still allow way too many early long touchdowns and still disappear for huge chunks of games. You have to win your home games against average opponents like the bengals. The bengals are good but not great and will benefit from playing in the worst division in the playoffs. They will lose in the first rd. As will the lions if they somehow squeeze in.

The defense has been terrible pretty much all season. Playing the last 6-8 minutes of yesterdays game without Briggs and Tillman makes it that much worse.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to all of the stafford bashing he is the most talented qb lions fans have ever seen and hes halfway thru his third year. In the next year or so we should see him put everything together. The lions arent going anywhere this year anyhow.

I never ripped on Stafford this season.. He has been one of the 2 best players on the Lions this season if not the best.. Granted, he did miss some throws against Cincy..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Houston gets burned all up all the time. He's a#2. Greene could've had over 200 today if Dalton wouldve thrown better passes. Jones ate up Houston. Jeffery ate him up. Gordon did. His initial coverage is good but he sucks once the qb has time to throw it. He's very inconsistent to me and if you don't have that at CB, you're somewhat of a liability.

The d-line is also over-rated and we always resort back to this all the time. Suh and Fairley show up for a game and disappear for the next three or four.

As we learned on the last few pages in this thread Houston protects against the big play as good as anyone in the league.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that those things don't tell the whole story about Houston. Look, I hate to bash the guy, but he isn't that great. He's only good in his initial coverage. When teams go right at you, thats a sign that you aren't that good. I'll keep saying it; Lions defense is easy to scheme against given they depend so much on the front four. We saw an example yesterday. Wnd I bet any kind of money Dez goes for another 150 if Houston is on him.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in.......the lions jumped offsides again

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never ripped on Stafford this season.. He has been one of the 2 best players on the Lions this season if not the best.. Granted, he did miss some throws against Cincy..

23 to be exact. Actually he threw a few away and a few were broken up but he could have been the difference if he'd just made some relatively easy throws that a good QB should make. Idk, I just want him to be better than he is I guess.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some of the problem is that the coaches are trying to get Stafford to get the ball out so quick that he rushes some throws. Also he had less time to throw on many more plays than Dalton did.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we learned on the last few pages in this thread Houston protects against the big play as good as anyone in the league.
Detroit Lions News ‏@LionsMLive 3m
Detroit Lions' Chris Houston looking to regain confidence after benching Detroit Lions' Chris Houston looking to regain confidence after benching | MLive.com

I did not know he was benched...which is a good place for him...but as I said during the preseason he is not a #1 cb and he was awful in the 2nd half of last year...the best place for him would be as the #2 cb. All this talk about trading for Gordon; what about trading for a #1 cb who is in the last year of his contract on a team that is crap instead of bringing in these superstars for tryouts:

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 53m
Lions worked out four defensive backs: DeMarcus Van Dyke, Curtis Marsh, Kip Edwards and DeQuan Menzie
Retweeted by Dave Birkett