• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 Bears v. BiWeek, in game thread...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bah, meant week 7, oh well. Wanted to get an early jump, have a feeling the Bears will loose this by 12+ points. Vegas has BiWeek wining by 3+ due to home field advantage.

Any thoughts?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennet will drop a pass

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our best interior lineman will get cut.

Oops.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox will be conservative this week.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Our best interior lineman will get cut.

Oops.

Heh, just got back from Vegas, he was a frequent subject of conversation. Along with the Cubs (pretty much whole town was talking about them), and the matter of which NFL team will wind up in LA. Sounds like he had a bit of a meltdown, I'd be interested to hear his side of the story first. Maybe since no one in Vegas seemed to have heard it, there isn't one?

Not that it matters that much, but now we are even more reliant on Jenkins, who has really been pretty mediocre against the run. Yes he has made a few plays but it is no accident that teams all year have been making him the point of attack. I was kind of hoping Ratliff could anchor the point a little better when he got to full speed but now we will never know. Well our linebackers are going to have a nice long season of learning how to properly shed blocks without much DL suppport, I suppose that's useful training. Hard to watch Jenkins sometimes but I guess I will have to learn to love it.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jenkins has actually been a surprising bright spot? Particularly when put against what my expectations for him were.
I agree..funny thing is after the last few years and with all the additions to the coaching staff and the inevitable release of players not fitting with the new staff and the addition of players, my honest expectations were very little with a bit of hope that at the very least we start an uphill progression towards being a better football team...I now see improvement and I see the start of progression. The next season the expectations will grow as they should.....the salary cap is growing, the new staff will have a full year of scouting for the draft and free agency....then we shall see what Pace can do and what this team's identity under Fox will start coming into focus.....the future to mean looks brighter than it did at the start of the season.....IN MY OPINION ONLY

C

cubzzzfanincali

Jenkins has been a decent pass rusher. but I would argue his position is much more important with respect to the to the run defense than the pass defense. Since his run defense has been somewhere between poor and mediocre, I can't say agree with the sentiment here.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins has been a decent pass rusher. but I would argue his position is much more important with respect to the to the run defense than the pass defense. Since his run defense has been somewhere between poor and mediocre, I can't say agree with the sentiment here.
Keep in mind he's a rookie and wasn't he an undrafted rookie? That's saying a lot, to step in and play that well, particularly when he was penciled in to be 3rd or 4th behind Ego, Sutton, Goldman and the now departed Ratliff. I'll take his production considering what it could be.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind he's a rookie and wasn't he an undrafted rookie? That's saying a lot, to step in and play that well, particularly when he was penciled in to be 3rd or 4th behind Ego, Sutton, Goldman and the now departed Ratliff. I'll take his production considering what it could be.

I'm going to toss out another name of interest on our Bears team, Hroniss Grasu. He's a starting rookie at Center that is doing OK. He's playing at times like a rookie and at times better than. While he isn't showing the Long abilities I witnessed him produce at RG when he was a rookie, he isn't doing that bad either, like J. Webb bad or Williams bad. Looks like the Bears GM hit on #2, #3, #4, #5 picks. How many times could we ever say that in the past, oh... 10 years or so?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCChi- Jenkins was drafted in 2nd round by Washington in 2011. Not a rookie- but agree he wasn't brought in to be a starter. His production has increased HUGE in just his first 6 games as a Bear.

To add to your great points on the rookies. Yes and yes... this is valuable learning time for these guys. Amos, Grasu, Jones-Quartey... And 2nd year players Leno, Christian Jones, Fuller... these guys are not superstars- but they are gaining trust from their coaches.
Pace has made some good picks as of now... And if Kevin White can become a quality WR...he's hit the draft out of the park. Love the signing of McPhee too.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to toss out another name of interest on our Bears team, Hroniss Grasu. He's a starting rookie at Center that is doing OK. He's playing at times like a rookie and at times better than. While he isn't showing the Long abilities I witnessed him produce at RG when he was a rookie, he isn't doing that bad either, like J. Webb bad or Williams bad. Looks like the Bears GM hit on #2, #3, #4, #5 picks. How many times could we ever say that in the past, oh... 10 years or so?

Well said. IMO, Long is already better at tackle than J Webb ever was.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Uh, are we talking about the same guy? Jarvis Jenkins right? He was drafted in 2011 by the Redskins,and if I am not mistaken he was mostly a starter for them.

It's too soon for me to say sign him was a mistake, I'm not sure of that yet at all. Only that I guess I don't see him in the same great light some here do.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad on Jenkins, guess I assumed he was new, I had not heard of him before. He seems to be playing at a decent level considering what was expected of him on the initial roster.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, a week away from the trade deadline, guess we see what the front office is planning. Would be nice to hear of the Forte or Jeffrey extension happening and use up some of this cap money. If they are not going to extend, might as well make the move.