• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5: Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech in Atlanta GA, Thursday 7:30 PM ESPN

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man do I hope this is the game that gets Logan going...

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT had more yards passing than rushing tonight. How often does THAT happen?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't take credit for this, got this from a guy I know on facebook, and this is absolute genius.

LOGAN THOMAS WANTED TO WALK OUT OF BOBBY DODD STADIUM WITH A WIN. HE'S AT GEORGIA TECH, HE CAN DO THAT.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't take credit for this, got this from a guy I know on facebook, and this is absolute genius.

LOGAN THOMAS WANTED TO WALK OUT OF BOBBY DODD STADIUM WITH A WIN. HE'S AT GEORGIA TECH, HE CAN DO THAT.

Awesome! :laugh3:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we sure made it closer than it should have been but its still a win. Quick thoughts:

-Defense was excellent. Couldn't ask them to play better. Well, except for Bonner who got beat a few times. He gets a B. Everyone else gets an A+

-Logan Thomas had his best game since his first season. It's a shame the rest of the offense couldn't support him. Our run game is nonexistent. The interior linemen don't give the backs anything to work with. Making matters worse is the playcalling to mask that weakness. Loeffler, for some reason, will not call outside runs to loosen things up. This must change. We cannot meet our ACC goals with the run game being so poor.

-I'm done bitching about Journell, lol. You can find my thoughts on him in numerous topics.

-Maroon pants FTW!

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I am so tired of this Mickey Mouse shit offense. We no longer have any sort of talent level on our team.

Sure that last isn't a little bit of overreaction? I saw some talent out there. Granted, you've watched a lot more GT football than I have. And doesn't mean I can't sympathize with your tiredness re: the Mickey Mouse offense. :)

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who was the last team to hold GT under 130 yards rushing?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we sure made it closer than it should have been but its still a win. Quick thoughts:

-Defense was excellent. Couldn't ask them to play better. Well, except for Bonner who got beat a few times. He gets a B. Everyone else gets an A+

-Logan Thomas had his best game since his first season. It's a shame the rest of the offense couldn't support him. Our run game is nonexistent. The interior linemen don't give the backs anything to work with. Making matters worse is the playcalling to mask that weakness. Loeffler, for some reason, will not call outside runs to loosen things up. This must change. We cannot meet our ACC goals with the run game being so poor.

-I'm done bitching about Journell, lol. You can find my thoughts on him in numerous topics.

-Maroon pants FTW!
We did try some outside runs. Mangus would not cut and go north and south and kept stretching it out for losses or gains of 1 yard.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the guy a lot of shit so I have to give him credit where it's due. Great game LT.

Defense was just outstanding.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did try some outside runs. Mangus would not cut and go north and south and kept stretching it out for losses or gains of 1 yard.

^^^ This. Gotta teach these guys to find a crease and get upfield, stop looking to make the corner on every outside run.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still jazzed about tonight's win and unable to sleep.

I hope I'm not overhyping the guy but I really like what I have seen out of Cline the past 4 games. In my best case scenario, he is the college version of Antonio Gates-- a basketball guy who just dominates at TE.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still jazzed about tonight's win and unable to sleep.

I hope I'm not overhyping the guy but I really like what I have seen out of Cline the past 4 games. In my best case scenario, he is the college version of Antonio Gates-- a basketball guy who just dominates at TE.

Could be a very nice tandem next year with Malleck.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You gotta love the result of that game, but it really shouldn't have been that close. What's up with Journell?