• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh (9/15/2012)

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah Exum is out of position. He does not have the skills to be a CB. He's got the tools but not the skills

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But very little pass pressure makes things tougher on the DBs. The big guys played like pure crap today

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Cole was horrendous and Bonner wasn't much better. I still don't know why we didn't give Frye a shot. I mean why the fuck not!

We need manning to start at CB and get Exum back to safety.

Manning got beat plenty too though =\

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
a few thoughts:

-Im not sure what is going on with logan but until he gets it together i dont see how the offense gets better going forward.

-The OL isnt great especially in run blocking but in the pass LT has got to trust them mroe. There have been quite a few times this year that he's stepped out of the pocket and right into the defense.

-Someone needs to teach holmes to lower his shoulder and hit a hole. 2-3 yards is a lot better than 0 or -1. Scales at least hit the hole he's not going to burn a lot of people but at lleast he's got 'pop'. I'd like to see some traditional option or pitch to the slot on the sweep. <---- fwiw we did that some in the spring and in open scrimmages.

-I hope we see some shifting and swapping in the d backfield. Cole played decent at times but still showed his youth and bonner has been bad all year IMO. I know we are thin back there but we have depth in experience. Maybe move Exum back there :noidea: idk???

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The success we have had is also a double edged sword. The Pitt fans were apoplectic about that win. We have become one of THOSE teams that makes or breaks a bad team's season.

It is great to get that type of respect but it is terrible to lose when you have it.

I just find it ridiculous that VT "gives away" a game like this every year. Like clockwork. This year it appears that they might give away more. Beamer's specialty is doing a lot with what he has, but he doesn't get the concept that you can also draw other cards every once in a while. He really does some new coaching talent on the offense.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Michael Cole was horrendous and Bonner wasn't much better. I still don't know why we didn't give Frye a shot. I mean why the fuck not!

We need manning to start at CB and get Exum back to safety.

i didnt see this before i posted or maybe iw as already typing but I agree with that. I honestly think bonner would even be better suited as DM's backup. Makes life a little easier on Exum too i think. I wonder how tookes is looking?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
GT is killing UVA like I thought they would. Today's VT is not the same one that played GT. GT is legit. We have the talent to save the season and only lose against Clemson and FSU. We just need to show up ready to play

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Manning got beat plenty too though =\

Maybe you're right but I only remember once against their TE which is tough to ask of him and it was a perfect throw. I'd rather have Manning at CB though. Exum has looked pretty bad

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know. I think that we can beat this Pitt team 9/10 times but they were on fire and electric coming out of the tunnel. We mailed it in.

On Bonner, I want to kill him but I am not going to, yet, because he was hurt going into the game.

We need Tariq back at Baker and Big Bruce at Mike.

We need a lot of things. The DB depth of this and last years recruiting class can't come quick enough.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the dropoff at the linebacker position (IMO), is not Bruce to Tyler as much as it is Edwards to Taylor. He just doesn't look comfortable over there. I don't know if Tyler has to tools to be a Backer though. he is not great in coverage.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i can't remember a time where i've seen worse blocking and tackling .. both offense and defense looked terrible.

after seeing the peay game in person, i thought the defensive line's ability to rush the pass was suspect. i realize that peay doesn't pass much but they were austin fucking peay and we got what .. one sack? not sure what happened over this offseason (or didn't happen) but this defensive line is FAR from top 5 and dominant. the secondary is basically running on one leg (bonner and exum have played awful .. i watched exum in the peay game too -- he didn't impress). our linebackers are a major liability in pass coverage. we would be fine if our dline could get some pressure but they're not. it was embarrassing to watch. offense's gameplan = keep the ball away from kyle fuller and you've got a shot

as far as the offense -- i don't blame lt as much as some. his timing is way off and he is throwing the ball VERY high a lot but we don't have a running game .. at all and our oline is playing like total shit. either a - we try to run and can't, b - we try to pass and eventually a decent dline is going to get pressure because everyone is covered. lt had enough time but no one is open or can get open .. and let's face it .. he doesn't have the wheels to buy extra time like tyrod did .. why the fuck are we constantly trying to throw the ball downfield 20 yds when obviously his timing is off?? fucking baffling .. for years, we could expect runs 75% of the time..now we're trying to air the ball out like we're usc

this team concerns me a lot .. at this point, unless something drastically changes, there is no hope of beating fsu or clemson ... major disappointment. this team wasn't prepared or ready to play .. and it makes me wonder what the fuck our coaches have been doing for the past week. and just once, i'd like to see frank beamer get pissed off and throw a headset

on the bright side, if we were going to lose a game, i'm glad that we went ahead and got it out of the way and it was not against an acc team. we always seem to play better once we get that loss out of the way.

/rant

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Oh I know. I think that we can beat this Pitt team 9/10 times but they were on fire and electric coming out of the tunnel. We mailed it in.

On Bonner, I want to kill him but I am not going to, yet, because he was hurt going into the game.

We need Tariq back at Baker and Big Bruce at Mike.

We need a lot of things. The DB depth of this and last years recruiting class can't come quick enough.

To add we need to:

- Quit asking our DB's to play so much man with no help.

- Quit trying to run weak side against a balanced D.

- Get our RB's to either blow up a hole or be aware enough to see the cutback.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agreed .. after watching exum in these first few games, he is not good enough to play cornerback .. jarrett, manning ... someone -- i'm throwing up in my mouth a little bit thinking about exum trying to cover a clemson WR

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
agreed .. after watching exum in these first few games, he is not good enough to play cornerback .. jarrett, manning ... someone -- i'm throwing up in my mouth a little bit thinking about exum trying to cover a clemson WR

I saw put exum back at safety and play a platoon at cb.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 were you standing around on Grant St. by the UPMC building after the game? I saw a guy in tech gear who looked familiar and after getting home I thought he looked like one of the pictures you have posted of yourself on here.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad I missed most of the first half. Yikes.

At least we still have acc play. Orange bowl was the best this team was going to be able to do anyway. Turn the page and shape up. UVA and gt will both have an acc loss in a few minutes, unc is in eligible, Miami and duke suck. Just gotta shape up.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 were you standing around on Grant St. by the UPMC building after the game? I saw a guy in tech gear who looked familiar and after getting home I thought he looked like one of the pictures you have posted of yourself on here.

No, we took the tram over, pretty much straight to the Wm. Penn Omni Hotel. My shirt was grey.