• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3, Los Angeles Rams @ The Cleveland Browns, Sunday, 09/22/19, 5:20pm, PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were McVay, I would get a hold of Snead and tell him to call C.J. Anderson. That power back along with Brown and Gurley would provide a three-headed monster for the run game that could easily be adapted into a Jumbo formation. Add a TE who can block like Higbee, you have a pretty close rendition of the Jumbo.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the main reasons we are struggling on offense is the discontinuity on the O line. Whitworth is still playing a high level and worth every penny and Havenstein a tick below that although he holds way too much. Notebook is playing very well. Allen was confused a lot last night and Demby just got beat a lot. He is not the answer for a Blythe replacement although the more playing time he gets the better. We need a better focus on getting the run going earlier because of McVay's tendency to be pass happy and McVay has yet to grasp the idea that he needs to learn and implement the Jumbo offense. We are going to see the 46 D many times more this season and when we do, if McVay does not implement the Jumbo, we will see the same slow inconsustent play by the offense because when Goff gets rattled, he fails miserably. More work to be done.

That Cleveland Dline is no joke and the LB Wilson from Alabama was solid. But those are the kind of defensive fronts we will face and have to overcome if we want to go far in the playoffs.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be too hard on Goff, he threw a few stupid passes and darn near lost the game but he also threw some gems. Watch the highlights, he threw some pretty passes right on the money and did a fairly good job of side stepping the pass rush.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be too hard on Goff, he threw a few stupid passes and darn near lost the game but he also threw some gems. Watch the highlights, he threw some pretty passes right on the money and did a fairly good job of side stepping the pass rush.

It was a rowdy house in Cleveland last night but almost their entire secondary was out. I expected the killer instinct to come out after 2 weeks of knocking off the rust. Just don’t see that “killer” type attitude in Goff consistently and it’s a must if you want to beat the best in the NFL especially in big games.

Almost like he’s locking on to 1 WR and not going through his progressions

Yeah McVay could commit to the run more as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo SJ76. Unless you want to rip your opponent to shreads and you get in big games, chances are you are going to get owned just like what happened to us in the last snooperbowl.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the third and fourth quarters in replay and except for the screw-up by Demby at the goal line, the offensive line came together in the second half and gave Goff way more time then they did in the first half. To Goff's credit, he made some nice completions and they were huge plays for us in the second half. Goff will eventually start playing up to his large contract consistently and I think in the long run he will be the QB of several championships.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff will eventually start playing up to his large contract consistently and I think in the long run he will be the QB of several championships.
I hope that you're right. With him being in his fourth season now, I was hoping that he'd at least have enough of a grasp of the playbook to be able to audible out if he sees something that he doesn't like. Unless of course, McVay puts the kibosh on that and whatever he calls, goes.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the highlights again

Goff was under pressure a lot last night, and he did a good job moving around in the pocket, rolling out and even had several spin moves avoiding the pressure- all while keeping his eyes downfield

I thought he handled the pressure better than most QB’s would.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i don't like is the fact that there are too many wr bunch sets at the 1 & 2 yard line; just pound the freaking Rock!!! Get CJ Anderson ass back on a plane to LA and give him a contract!