• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: week 2 Pats v Vikings

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok folks week two... we had a tough loss at Miami.. on the road again in Minn... cooler temps so we will see if the poor excuse of it was the humidity and heat..

Pluses for the Pats.. the D isn't Miami which has a tough D and the phish always play us tough
out of conference opponent.. they are not sue to seeing the Pats twice or even once a year..
Vikings QB.. its either Cassel who we know or bridgewater.. who is a rookie..

minuses for the Pats.. The running game.. they have AD and Cordelle Patterson who out rushed AP on three plays

if I were BB id have the lines running wind sprints all week long to build up endurance..

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Defense will emphasis the run here obviously which means the QB (Cassell or Bridgewater) will have a good game. Considering the beating the Viking laid down on the Rams I think Cassel will play.

I also think that even despite the emphasis by the D, the Viking will have success running the ball.

Suddenly this game looks a lot harder than previously thought.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the Pats focus on the run during practice this week. I don't think Belichick will worry alot about the passing game because the secondary should be able to handle the Vikings. Revis will shadow Patterson and Dennard or Logan will shadow Jennings. Focus on Peterson and slow him down a bit and the game becomes manageble.

We all know Cassel's biggest weakness is that he can't quite get rid of the ball before the defense is atop of him. He's not mobile and he doesn't have superior arm strength. Pressure him and he'll make mistakes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the Pats focus on the run during practice this week. I don't think Belichick will worry alot about the passing game because the secondary should be able to handle the Vikings. Revis will shadow Patterson and Dennard or Logan will shadow Jennings. Focus on Peterson and slow him down a bit and the game becomes manageble.

We all know Cassel's biggest weakness is that he can't quite get rid of the ball before the defense is atop of him. He's not mobile and he doesn't have superior arm strength. Pressure him and he'll make mistakes.

As easy as that sounds we shall see how they do at that. The Vikings have a sneaky good OL. Look at last week for an example of that. St. Louis probably has the best DL in all of football and yet they could hardly get to Cassel.

Essentially to me this game comes down to the offensive side of the ball. New England needs to force Minnesota to become one dimensional and eliminate Peterson in this one. Force the ball into Cassel's hands by getting a nice lead early on. Going to have to protect Brady a little better as again Minnesota has an underrated pass rush.

If this was a home game I would pick New England in a heart beat. Anything can happen on the road though.

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are underrating Cassel. He threw for 400+ yards down in Miami back in 08'....

Just sayin'....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Cassell doesn't have to be great. He just have to be efficient when he does throw and not make mistakes. He might be able to that much but we can certainly hope.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the run defense had better show up or it will be a very long day and Brady will be sitting for most of it.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense after last week, better make some big time adjustments. The Vikings o line looks to be decent, even though it is Cassel as was mentioned above, the Rams dline considered to be one of the best in the league, better then the Pats, didn't do much and had only one sack on Cassel. Should be interesting, looks like the offense will have to be the savior and turn it around, and they should be able to put points up.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the second half at Miami was a case of a tired team on a hot, humid day. Unfortunately, the Pats looked eerily like last year's version; getting dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I had hoped they fixed that problem this year, especially on defense. The Vikings game will be a test as to how good a team the Pats really are. A one sided loss may mean some big changes but, at this point, there may not be much that can be done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think this D has the talent to stop any run game,cassel may rush 100 yds himself(he can run)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the bitterness of losses! We are not very good at it. This will be another game. Last week, Miami picked our pockets. Good wake-up call in my estimation. Let's play the game!

(losing sucks!)

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to watch the game. Pats don't generally look like crap two weeks in a row.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP isn't playing this weekend due to being indicted on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrible thing. I feel bad in general about it.

But since it means Peterson isn't playing I'll get over it by sunday.

"You play with the players you have!"

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say that although I don't know too much about Peterson, I always thought he was one of a the good ones.

I don't get how someone with millions who can afford to and probably does have a nanny, can't just pass the little trouble maker off instead of leaving open welts on a four year old. Really puzzling.