• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 13 - Arizona Cardinals at Philadelphia Eagles | 1:00pm FOX

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't been this OUTRAGED over a football game in well over 3 years!!!! In my book, the Arizona Cardinals defeated the Philadelphia Eagles today! HOWEVER, the referees felt, for whatever reason, it was incumbent upon them to make sure the Eagles won the game, officially ! ALL I gotta say is the Cards BETTER NOT miss the playoffs by one game! If I'm Cards HC Bruce Arians at the postgame press conference, I'd say, "Go ahead and fine me if ya want, BUT I'm gonna tell it like it is!" I'd then proceed to lambaste the referees for what they did today! Arians probably has more class and self-restraint than me though.

This reminds me of ESPN's Dice "We only lost on the scoreboard" Dominator thread

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose and Goose mentioned a few times during the game about conversations with Kelly and how he feels that time of possession is a foolish stat in football is gonna come back and bit him in the ass, they need to run that clock lower and run plays to eat up time and yards....

They were a bit annoying with that conversation.
They sounded so butt hurt because Kelly and the Eagles were running a non-traditional offense.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't been this OUTRAGED over a football game in well over 3 years!!!! In my book, the Arizona Cardinals defeated the Philadelphia Eagles today! HOWEVER, the referees felt, for whatever reason, it was incumbent upon them to make sure the Eagles won the game, officially ! ALL I gotta say is the Cards BETTER NOT miss the playoffs by one game! If I'm Cards HC Bruce Arians at the postgame press conference, I'd say, "Go ahead and fine me if ya want, BUT I'm gonna tell it like it is!" I'd then proceed to lambaste the referees for what they did today! Arians probably has more class and self-restraint than me though.

Hey Dammit!!!!! They're was a pass interference not called during the last play of that NFC championship between the Eagles and Cards. So there. The Refs owed us one.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a bit annoying with that conversation.
They sounded so butt hurt because Kelly and the Eagles were running a non-traditional offense.

And then when the Eagles tried to run the ball and take time off the clock they had a hard time doing it because that's not something they practice with every day

Eagles are better off just doing their thing, running the ball and taking time off the clock late in the game will come naturally when they are doing their thing

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners - We're coming after you next - as we wait for Dallas to lose.

Who would have thunk it in early October that a wildcard spot would be possible?

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yawn. Guess we'll all just have to wait for you to become head coach so somebody will finally "tell it like it is."

:lame:

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dammit!!!!! They're was a pass interference not called during the last play of that NFC championship between the Eagles and Cards. So there. The Refs owed us one.

Nice post. This at first made me laugh, and then shortly thereafter wince in pain. Still too soon!

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the call on jackson's punt return was fairly weak. cooper's arm was held on another play. deal with it?

Nah... #42 tackled Justin Bethel (Who is probably the best Gunner in the NFL) as Jackson was making the catch.. and he did it right in front of the cameras and the referees... that was actually an easy, easy, easy call.

Cardinals didn't play well enough to win today... calls against them or not.

Nice win you guys... it's going to be interesting to see how the NFC East shakes out.

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah... #42 tackled Justin Bethel (Who is probably the best Gunner in the NFL) as Jackson was making the catch.. and he did it right in front of the cameras and the referees... that was actually an easy, easy, easy call.

Cardinals didn't play well enough to win today... calls against them or not.

Nice win you guys... it's going to be interesting to see how the NFC East shakes out.

Agreed, and thanks for being classy about it.

There are bad calls every week. Some help you, some hurt you. Best bet is to not put yourself in a position where you're playing from behind and need everything to break your way just to have an outside shot at winning.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... The Cardinals generally don't play well on the East coast, especially the 1:00 time games, and to come out and be flat enough, and error prone enough to be down 24-7, you can't really expect them to win. While you would like the benefit of some calls.... that wasn't enough to beat them.

You can't turn it over that much and expect to win a football game.. they left a ton of plays on the field. Both Palmer interceptions were woefully underthrown footballs, that not only endued up as picks, but both could have been HUGE Cardinal gains... That's on us... Not the refs.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know how well Detroit plays in the dome but now we will see how well the Lions play outside in December.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........... Floyd tackled before the ball arrives

Now, IF the so-called excuse for THAT is "the refs wanted the players to decide the game", uh, why the flag for defensive holding on the other side of the field AFTER Peterson's INT ?????????

SHOOT ! Even Mike Pereia, head of NFL officiating, said the refs blew the calls in the Cards-Eagles game ! :wtf2:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, IF the so-called excuse for THAT is "the refs wanted the players to decide the game", uh, why the flag for defensive holding on the other side of the field AFTER Peterson's INT ?????????

SHOOT ! Even Mike Pereia, head of NFL officiating, said the refs blew the calls in the Cards-Eagles game ! :wtf2:

You need to stop whining. The turnovers caused you to lose. Plus I saw the defensive hold,and it was a good call. Get a hold on your anger! Get it?

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have called the hold.... He was down blocking. But, seriously... That didn't matter. The eagles were in chip shot field goal range...the Cardinals would have had to go the length of the field and score a TD in under a minute with no time outs to win...

If the Cards has played better....THEN, I'd be upset about the calls...but they didn't.

Eagles deserved the win yesterday

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you stop being a bitch and accept that your team lost to a better team today.

I agree about the ranting on and on. That needs to stop. But the better team actually lost this game. I think that is pretty obvious.

Nonetheless, the Eagles deserved to win. They took advantage of the bad calls and multiple Cardinal turnovers to pull out a squeaker. Now you need to take advantage of being in a horrible division and eliminate the Cowboys. I'm pulling for you guys (I can't stand the Cowboys).

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the ranting on and on. That needs to stop. But the better team actually lost this game. I think that is pretty obvious.

Nonetheless, the Eagles deserved to win. They took advantage of the bad calls and multiple Cardinal turnovers to pull out a squeaker. Now you need to take advantage of being in a horrible division and eliminate the Cowboys. I'm pulling for you guys (I can't stand the Cowboys).
So why are the Cardinals the "better" team? That is NOT pretty obvious.
The Cardinals offensive line is bad. Palmer can't move. Their running game is mediocre, at best.
The Eagles PROVED that they were the better team in all 3 phases of the game. They led 24-7 and SHOULD have been leading 31-7 if not for a questionable call against the Eagles on Jackson's punt return for a TD.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why are the Cardinals the "better" team? That is NOT pretty obvious.
The Cardinals offensive line is bad. Palmer can't move. Their running game is mediocre, at best.
The Eagles PROVED that they were the better team in all 3 phases of the game. They led 24-7 and SHOULD have been leading 31-7 if not for a questionable call against the Eagles on Jackson's punt return for a TD.

A playoff caliber team slams the door shut when they are up 24-7 at home. Similar to what the Cardinals did to the Colts last week. The Eagles scored more points and deserved to win. That is all that counts, but how do you figure the Eagles were better in all phases of the game?

The Eagles won the turnover battle.
The Eagles had 13 more more rushing yards but less yards per rush.
The Cardinals had more passing yards and a higher yards per pass
The Cardinals had more first downs
The Cardinals had more tackles for a loss
The Cardinals had more hits on the QB
The Cardinals had the same number of sacks

And probably the most important stat - The Cardinals were flagged 4 times with less than 5 minutes to go in the game and the Eagles were flagged once in the 4th quarter with over 14 minutes on the clock.

Again the Eagles took advantage of the favorable officiating and turnovers and won the game. (there is no point in arguing the turnover thing. It's pretty obvious all the calls went the Eagles way when the game was on the line).

BTW- The questionable call on the Jackson was one of the more obvious calls in the game. You see that flag thrown in that situation 90% of the time.

Either way good game Eagles. Take advantage of your good fortune and bury the Cowboys.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Obviously we're going to agree to disagree on that one. I don't expect you to admit the Cardinals are the better team as an Eagles fan. Congrats on the victory.