• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1, 2015: SeaHawks @ Rams

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of guys really stepped up today; Bennie Cunningham gave us a pretty good run game. He helped convert in critical times of the game. How bout Stedman Baileys clutch catch in OT getting a clutch catch and hanging onto the ball while getting blasted by 2 defenders allowing us to get the gw FG! Tavon Austin return a punt for a td. Jarod Cook had a couple of great catches. Trumaine Johnsons interception. Our defensive front 7 looked awesome(6 sacks) Who did I miss?

The play of Foles.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of guys really stepped up today; Bennie Cunningham gave us a pretty good run game. He helped convert in critical times of the game. How bout Stedman Baileys clutch catch in OT getting a clutch catch and hanging onto the ball while getting blasted by 2 defenders allowing us to get the gw FG! Tavon Austin return a punt for a td. Jarod Cook had a couple of great catches. Trumaine Johnsons interception. Our defensive front 7 looked awesome(6 sacks) Who did I miss?
The play of Foles.
Right, I was going to say just the offensive and defensive players of the game.....

Foles & Donald

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tried to give it away a few times. But we finally made some plays to win.

Aaron Donald had a monster game. Foles and Benny played pretty good.

Defense is gonna be good

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we played a team today that was a play away from back to back championships we had an awesome game.

We beat them in nearly every facet of the game.

They did run the ball better than us and thus controlled the clock and they got the better of the turnovers (That's how they stayed in the game) but our average play was 6.4 yards compared to their 4.3. What did our defense give up, 1 TD all game and into OT? Ours scored what 3 TD's?

Guys, this was the same team pretty much who went to the last two superbowls and we beat them squarely. Even they were the ones trying trick plays and needing to go on 4th downs.

We all should be very proud of our Rams!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the W but we didn't play awesome. We made some big plays no doubt but we tried to lose that game once again.

Typical bonehead plays need to be stopped.

And that wasn't the Championship Seahawks either. That was an offense looking for help and a defense missing a great safety.

Great win though no doubt

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think if you give Seattle 3 fumbles, you can typically beat them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that wasn't the Championship Seahawks either. That was an offense looking for help and a defense missing a great safety.
Sure they were missing Kam but we were missing Gurley, Mason, Watts all from our backfield. We featured Cunningham, Pead and Austin as our backs against that defense.

Bottom line these Seahawks who we walked over, were the favorites to win the Superbowl in 2015. They were 9-2 favorites the next closest are the Packers at 6-1. Our Rams, 50-1.

Yes the turnovers were costly and nearly cost us the game but it didn't change the fact that we beat a season favorite to win it all and we left all the trickeration to them guys.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they were missing Kam but we were missing Gurley, Mason, Watts all from our backfield. We featured Cunningham, Pead and Austin as our backs against that defense.

Bottom line these Seahawks who we walked over, were the favorites to win the Superbowl in 2015. They were 9-2 favorites the next closest are the Packers at 6-1. Our Rams, 50-1.

Yes the turnovers were costly and nearly cost us the game but it didn't change the fact that we beat a season favorite to win it all and we left all the trickeration to them guys.

Oh we beat them week 1 but that is not the team they will be in a few weeks. I'll take it.

But down the road, if we cough up the ball like that again... We ain't winning anything

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think if you give Seattle 3 fumbles, you can typically beat them.
That's exactly what I'm saying.

They got a TD scoop and score, and 2 FG off of turnovers. That's 13 points, then add in that 7 off of the punt return. 20 freaking points out of the 31 the team scored which means, if we can clean it up that's only 11 points allowed by the defense from punt and kickoff drives.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we beat them week 1 but that is not the team they will be in a few weeks. I'll take it.

But down the road, if we cough up the ball like that again... We ain't winning anything
That goes vs most teams in the NFL.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't see much but overtime...however I was highly disappointed in blowing the 24-13 lead. That is just unacceptable and while Foles brought us back, Pead needs to be released.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll give you Mason, but the jury is out on Gurley, and nobody is worried about Watts. The run game needs to improve.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We pretty much had our way with Seattle. We got to Wilson early and often, Foles threw the ball all over them(minus Quick, Mason & Gurley), and our return game was very good.

But like SJ said, those stupid turnovers nearly cost us the game. Pead should not get another carry unless it's garbage time, and Barnes needs to not make mental errors on the snap. However, good teams overcome turnovers and find a way to win, which we did. You can't say past Rams teams would have come back like we did and overcome the adversity we faced.

These are the defending NFC champs they beat & that's always an accomplishment. It's going to give our team a lot of confidence going forward.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the W, but will hold back getting really excited until they show some consistency.

We've seen them win big games like this before and lose games they should win.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to what has already been said, I thought Zuerlien did a good job, he more or less kicked 6 FG's, the extra point to tie the game was huge, extra points are no longer gimmies! There was a little pressure on him right there?
While the oline didn't open huge running lanes, they did hold their own and didn't commit the costly penalties that the oline has had in the past! 4 penalties for 30 yards i'll take that every week! Two of them were against our most veteran lineman Robinson and Saffold, one against Quinn, and I'm not sure what the other penalty was.

As Vita said our defense only gave up 11 points, so the offense needs to help them out with holding on to the ball in our territory at least!

Offensively we didn't really look that good, we played ok, Foles had a couple of big plays and the receivers did a pretty good job.
Cunningham while not piling up a lot of rushing yards, they were "quality" yards. We were fortunate on the last TD that the defender stumbled, that was huge and after so many years of not getting those kind of breaks we finally got one.

The refs didn't totally screw us this game, like they usually seem to. Austin was mugged by Sherman right in front of the ref in the end zone with no call, and Quinn got flagged for hitting the QB that wasn't a penalty, but other than that we didn't get jobbed by the refs!

Overall,,

We done good!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs didn't totally screw us this game, like they usually seem to. Austin was mugged by Sherman right in front of the ref in the end zone with no call, and Quinn got flagged for hitting the QB that wasn't a penalty, but other than that we didn't get jobbed by the refs!
Not like they didn't try to. I was about to burst a blood vessel when they called the OT illegal fair catch.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like they didn't try to. I was about to burst a blood vessel when they called the OT illegal fair catch.

Ya that would have been a typical Ram loss, I mean past Rams teams loss, things are a changing!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is is safe to say we should be able to slaughter the redskins?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused about something. On the onside kick, our receiver called for a fair catch and two guys came up and hit him. Since when is that legal?