• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

we need another 64 draft

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins Legacy: A Look Back At The '64 Draft

take a look at this short 20 minute video

2 HOF players and one that should be

I knew Taylor was drafted in 64, I guessed Hauss and forgot about Krause. That was a draft to remember. Even at a young age I was so bummed that the Redskins traded Krause. Best Redskin safety ever. Jim Snowden was also in the draft. Pretty fair OT.

1981 is probably the greatest Redskin draft.
Mark May
Russ Grimm
Dexter Manley
Darryl Grant
Clint Didier

Joe Jacoby was an undrafted FA out of Louisville the same year.

Honorable mention from the 81 draft:
Charlie Brown - had TD catch in Super Bowl 17
Larry Kubin

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no love for 08?
devin thomas, fred davis and malcolm kelly!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one great draft just ask jimmy johnson

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Taylor was drafted in 64, I guessed Hauss and forgot about Krause. That was a draft to remember. Even at a young age I was so bummed that the Redskins traded Krause. Best Redskin safety ever. Jim Snowden was also in the draft. Pretty fair OT.

Mark May
Russ Grimm
Dexter Manley
Darryl Grant
Clint Didier

Larry Kubin

Great Redskins Drafts: A Look At 1981

Agree - here are all of the details. Charlie Brown was a beast for a little while & made the Pro Bowl twice. One other thing noted in this article. The Redskins traded their 2nd round pick from this draft for Joe Washington one of the most exciting running backs ever & he certainly provided some good moments during his time in DC.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no love for 08?
devin thomas, fred davis and malcolm kelly!

Some others were:
Justin Tryon
Durant Brooks
Kareem Moore
Colt Breenan.

Dynastic!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some others were:
Justin Tryon
Durant Brooks
Kareem Moore
Colt Breenan.

Dynastic!

Ah - memories. According to JustusCEO from the old ESPN board at least three players from that draft - Thomas, Tyron & Brennan - were potential HOFers but never amounted to much since the Redskins never gave them a fair shake (and apparently blackballed them or ruined them so that the rest of the NFL didn't have much need for them). :yahoo:

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark May
Russ Grimm
Dexter Manley
Darryl Grant
Clint Didier

Larry Kubin

81' ha ha. .hey what do you know? All linemen, something we need now.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
81' ha ha. .hey what do you know? All linemen, something we need now.

Yep. However - they appear to have had better luck in the middle & late rounds with some of these guys than the current organization. I realize that some of this was due to Beathard (who drafted some real steals late). Beyond that I wonder if it was luck, better scouting or a combination of both. One other factor could be better player development (which hopefully is currently on the rise).

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah - memories. According to JustusCEO from the old ESPN board at least three players from that draft - Thomas, Tyron & Brennan - were potential HOFers but never amounted to much since the Redskins never gave them a fair shake (and apparently blackballed them or ruined them so that the rest of the NFL didn't have much need for them). :yahoo:

I remember submitting a poll, who would be a better GM.

Arbusman
JustusCEO
Bman
Vinny.

Pretty sure Bman and Justus were the losers.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i viewed the justus posts as comedic relief

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins Legacy: A Look Back At The '64 Draft

take a look at this short 20 minute video

2 HOF players and one that should be

Wow......what a draft! It was 50 years ago and not more than one that rivals it! Maybe lightening does strike more than once in a lifetime, but just in case that it doesn't, let's all send in our horseshoes, rabbits feet, and four leaf clovers to Bruce Allen. His history says we're gonna need it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow......what a draft! It was 50 years ago and not more than one that rivals it! Maybe lightening does strike more than once in a lifetime, but just in case that it doesn't, let's all send in our horseshoes, rabbits feet, and four leaf clovers to Bruce Allen. His history says we're gonna need it.

also we acquired 2 more HOF players too in huff and sonny , yet we didnt win with those guys

also management wasnt all that great either trading away krause

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember submitting a poll, who would be a better GM.

Arbusman
JustusCEO
Bman
Vinny.

Pretty sure Bman and Justus were the losers.

Thanks for the memories. Jeez - forgot about Arbusman. Wasn't he the guy who created threads where the title & post contents were exactly the same & both were generally complete nonsense? Wasn't he also the same guy that repeatedly asked about the schedule just before the games were announced? Don't forgot some of the annoying Boys poster like that idiot Laz.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the memories. Jeez - forgot about Arbusman. Wasn't he the guy who created threads where the title & post contents were exactly the same & both were generally complete nonsense? Wasn't he also the same guy that repeatedly asked about the schedule just before the games were announced? Don't forgot some of the annoying Boys poster like that idiot Laz.

i think all were the same person or more then one guy pretending to be someone because as you know they tried that here and got banned because they had the same IP addresses

hailskins was in on that too as was the dallas trolls

anyone remember checkmate ?

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think all were the same person or more then one guy pretending to be someone because as you know they tried that here and got banned because they had the same IP addresses

One relentless guy! Never go away. Banned 1000 times only to reappear with a new screen name each time.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Wonder if he is the same as that troll Eastbay who tried trolling people via the email here before he was barred from this area. Also - remember that stupid Boys site (which probably still exists) where they basically banned any non-Boys fans from even looking at their posts. I believe that Laz was one of the Admins - what a joke.