• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We get the Cards in the NLDS no matter what.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way we do not play the Cards in the NLDS is if the Cards lose the 1 game playoff. Otherwise, if they win the division they cannot play Pitt or Cincy in the NLDS and if they are the Wildcard they cannot play Pitt or Cincy

So we can essentially predict the matchups now

Dodgers vs Cards/Pitt/Cincy
Braves vs Cards/Pitt/Cincy

That Kershaw/Wainwright game 1 matchup will be EPIC!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want the Pirates to play LA in the playoffs so I guess they will be forced to lose before the NLCS. Bring the NL the trophy Dodgers!

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who plays who as long as someone beats the cards!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt that we would end up playing the Cards no matter what round anyways, but i do want the Pirates in the 1st round just to see us hopefully get back at Russell Martin :lol:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no respect for Martin. He is a quitter.

I really don't care who the Dodgers meet in the playoffs. Whomever they play will have a good team and the Dodgers need to beat three such teams to win the WS.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way we do not play the Cards in the NLDS is if the Cards lose the 1 game playoff. Otherwise, if they win the division they cannot play Pitt or Cincy in the NLDS and if they are the Wildcard they cannot play Pitt or Cincy

That's no longer true with the new playoff structure.

And how is Russel Martin a quitter?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly before Martin left the Dodgers he stated that he stopped trying and playing as hard as he might have because the Dodgers weren't doing well.

I consider his election, and statement, to be unprofessional at the very least and simply unforgivable.

He isn't the kind of player I would ever want to have on my team. He disgraced the Dodgers as well as the game of Baseball.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly before Martin left the Dodgers he stated that he stopped trying and playing as hard as he might have because the Dodgers weren't doing well.

Can you source that, in context?

I consider his election, and statement, to be unprofessional at the very least and simply unforgivable.

He isn't the kind of player I would ever want to have on my team. He disgraced the Dodgers as well as the game of Baseball.

I've never liked Russell Martin, even when he was an All-Star, so I have no love lost. I was glad when the Dodgers got rid of him.

As to the platitudes of "disgrace" and being "unprofessional," I'll withhold my judgement until I read or hear what his actual words were.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to play STL, so this sucks, but if we get them out of the way in the first round, that's great

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you source that, in context?

I've never liked Russell Martin, even when he was an All-Star, so I have no love lost. I was glad when the Dodgers got rid of him.

As to the platitudes of "disgrace" and being "unprofessional," I'll withhold my judgement until I read or hear what his actual words were.

The statement was made about three years ago, or so, so I'm not sure if I can find it and will let you know if I do.j

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The statement was made about three years ago, or so, so I'm not sure if I can find it and will let you know if I do.j

bleacherreport.com/.../576348-los-angeles-dodgers-comments-made-by-rus..

Martin made the statement that he hadn't tried hard for the last two years of his stint in L.A. On Jan. 18, 2011.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin made the statement that he hadn't tried hard for the last two years of his stint in L.A. On Jan. 18, 2011.

It's a damn shame, he was a fan favorite when he was here. AJ Ellis > Russell Martin

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't true. Last year the the Yanks played the Orioles in the DS. The avoidance of teams from the same division was scrapped with the new wildcard game. It will be up in the air until the very end.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is a better player than AJ Ellis, in the clubhouse? AJ is better

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isn't a link.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what.. I just read all of that. I sure feel dumb. I would love to get a chance to take advantage of the lackluster Braves pitching as of late and THEN play the Cards.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we match up well with whoever we end up facing and home field would be nice but we need to make sure our players are rested and healthy for the playoffs

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what.. I just read all of that. I sure feel dumb. I would love to get a chance to take advantage of the lackluster Braves pitching as of late and THEN play the Cards.

Me too. I think the Dodgers match up better against the Braves in a short series. The NLCS would guarantee two starts from Kershaw and Greinke, I'd prefer that in a series versus the Cardinals.

To be honest though, I'm just happen we get to be thinking like this. All I wanted was for this team to win the division, so any success hereafter is just gravy. :yahoo: