• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watch Beer Wars last night.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty encourageing for the microbrewers out there. But, brings into light the amount of lobbying done be the big 3 companies. They got power, laws, and wholesalers on their side.

[YOUTUBE]uY-Bg5Odi0M[/YOUTUBE]

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my mom told me about that, i should try to watch it some time

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will have to watch that....i like how the sam adams guy is smelling his hops in EVERYTHING beer related anymore, say what you will about sam adams but you can't deny that dude loves beer

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO Jim Koch represents himself well in that. The Moonshot lady does a decent job of that as well, but Sam C. of dogfish head comes across as a whiny d-bag. He just keeps on with the poor me look how hard I have it crap. In reality Jim Koch blazed the trail and that guy was the last small brewer to really have it tough. I am not saying it is easy, but someone has already fought the hardest fights, it should get easier after the first.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Jim Koch represents himself well in that. The Moonshot lady does a decent job of that as well, but Sam C. of dogfish head comes across as a whiny d-bag. He just keeps on with the poor me look how hard I have it crap. In reality Jim Koch blazed the trail and that guy was the last small brewer to really have it tough. I am not saying it is easy, but someone has already fought the hardest fights, it should get easier after the first.

no

works over for today, will elaborate later

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty encourageing for the microbrewers out there. But, brings into light the amount of lobbying done be the big 3 companies. They got power, laws, and wholesalers on their side.

[YOUTUBE]uY-Bg5Odi0M[/YOUTUBE]

Technically, the "big 3" no longer applies. Miller and Coors are consolidated, and Anheuser Busch is owned by Inbev, a Brazilian company.

However, you are correct about the American beer lobby. Problem is, when you're 50% of the worldwide market, you get to write distribution legislation. Way of the beast. I don't like it, but...

...what can you do?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will have to watch that....i like how the sam adams guy is smelling his hops in EVERYTHING beer related anymore, say what you will about sam adams but you can't deny that dude loves beer

Not sticking up for the big guys, but anybody involved in the brewing profession loves beer. You wouldn't destroy yourself if you didn't. Make no mistake, brewing is not a walk in the park. If you don't love it, you don't make it.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, so, so wrong. So much misinformation in two sentences.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, so, so wrong. So much misinformation in two sentences.

While I would like to agree with you I just can't. The fact is that if it were't easier now(not easy mind you) there would still be about 50 breweries in the US instead of the nearly 2500 and growing.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sticking up for the big guys, but anybody involved in the brewing profession loves beer. You wouldn't destroy yourself if you didn't. Make no mistake, brewing is not a walk in the park. If you don't love it, you don't make it.

One thing I noticed (even though it was from the microbrews point of view) is that the larger companies called thier beer "products" and the micro's called thier beer "beer". The big companies are in it for the money....not the beer. When they first started off I imagine they were, but over time as the company grows so does the intensions of the company. Much like Sam Walton's Walmart compared to Walmart's today.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part of the film I was curious about is the Wholesalers. This is a big deal in Oklahoma, thier power is immense. They control who get's what and what is promoted.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched this while waiting in the airport last week....great flick

narrator chick's voice was like nails on a chalkboard however....shoulda got morgan freeman

MadJack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbs up for the little guys !!