• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington QB Alex Smith to be Activated from PUP

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MWAB if he beats out haskins, will it be because rivera didnt like the name redskins or something of the like? wasnt that why everyone ranks haskins low..

It would be because he’s the better qb. In fact, before the injury I'd have ranked him above Haskins. Alex has been one of the most underrated qbs in history. Having said all that i don’t see it happening.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be because he’s the better qb. In fact, before the injury I'd have ranked him above Haskins. Alex has been one of the most underrated qbs in history. Having said all that i don’t see it happening.
i agree with u.....

I just dont see why rivera would even open that door......unless they think haskins stinks with alot of others...im just jagging u btw

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with u.....

I just dont see why rivera would even open that door......unless they think haskins stinks with alot of others...im just jagging u btw
Haskins hasn't proven anything, but it'd be really awkward to tell the lockerroom "yeah the guy with a bunch of QBwinz and a 6-3 record here is a backup" when the team is 2-6.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he should ever take another snap, imho.
Dude is 37 years old, Washington ain't going anywhere,with or without him.
He's gonna risk another injury that may cost him his leg again?.........

I hope he decides to forget this comeback.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the redskins, of all teams can’t be the ones to put him back on the field given their history (Trent Williams). I think they’ll try and trade him if anything

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's not something I can walk away from and be able to sleep at night if I did," he said. "I don't think I could look my kids in the eyes and talk to them about giving it their all and pushing through things. We all face adversity in life. Was I going to talk about it or be about it? For me, that's what it is. However this comes out, I'll be better off for it. I continue to make gains. That continues to excite me, that I can keep pushing and at some point I'll find out what my limitations are. But I haven't found them yet."

"I know a lot of people probably think it's funny that I'm even pursuing this. I really feel like I need to see where this ends. I need to, I need to see what my limitations are, what I'm capable of.

"I really feel like I've been faced with this giant challenge in life. I can't help it. I think that my three little kids see everything that I do. And for me, just kind of continuing to push this and see where it goes, you know, and, and no expectations."

I felt like a 16-year-old again. The nerves, the feeling of excitement, obviously anxiety. All that stuff of being alive, the range of emotions of going out there with your teammates. That's why you play.“

QB Alex Smith on return to field: 'Why you play'

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing that short special on his recovery, I legitimately thought his career was over and he was lucky to keep his leg.

My thought also, I thought he would be lucky to walk without a limp.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.
They have a lot of potential on Defense & they are lacking a quality QB on Offense.
If in Camp he proves to be the better QB. The coach is an idiot not to use him.
Haskin has pedigree from the draft. Smith has the actual had the skins in 1st place at the time of his injury with a shit team! So unless the call comes from the powers that be in the office. Smith will be the starting QB come Week #1. He is the best QB on the roster.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.
They have a lot of potential on Defense & they are lacking a quality QB on Offense.
Haskin has pedigree from the draft. Smith has the actual had the skins in 1st place at the time of his injury with a shit team! So unless the call comes from the powers that be in the office. Smith will be the starting QB come Week #1. He is the best QB on the roster.

He hasn't played in quite some time, combine that with his age, injury, and surely lack of mobility now, and it's a disaster for him physically waiting to happen.
I'm more concerned for his well being than how far he can take the Skins.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

It’s only one snap, but he looks good. OLine is key.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldnt be cleared if he wasnt able to move, protect himself and the docs thought the leg was fine. The NFL isnt going to activate him unless hes ready to go

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s only one snap, but he looks good. OLine is key.

It's not about Smith making a simple throw, it's about Haskins Throwing that into the stands with no rush on a simple 8ish yard out. Smith wins the job walking away if he's healthy. The other guys all suck.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldnt be cleared if he wasnt able to move, protect himself and the docs thought the leg was fine. The NFL isnt going to activate him unless hes ready to go

True, I believe this, but if any organization activated a player because of their poor organization management or medical care, would you be surprised that was Washington? Especially when they are in need of a feel good story?