• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Summer League Roster Announced

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-League Champs. NBA Champs. Summer League Champs?

Well may not matter, but the Warriors have announced their summer league roster.
Warriors Announce 2015 NBA Summer League Roster and TV Schedule | Golden State Warriors

Aaron Craft, McAdoo, Kuzmic and Looney will all be participating.

One name that I'm really interested to see play is Michael Frazier. 6'4" guard that can apparently shoot the lights out. He went undrafted, although many scouts peg him as one of the best shooters in the entire class.

Depending on what happens with Holiday, I think he could have a chance to make the roster. Warriors are looking to add another shooter.

Really excited to see what McAdoo and Looney can do. I think McAdoo will have a chance to take Lee's place in the rotation for spot minutes. I would imagine Looney won't play much at all if not spend the majority of the season in the D-League.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craft was a good player for Ohio State. Very tough and smart. So, where did Frazier go to school?

Also, I'm really anxious to see what McAdoo can do if he plays with the NBA team. I know he was only in school (NC) for 1-2 years, right?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First summer league game on tonight. May not have a chance to catch the game but really interested to see what McAdoo, Looney and Frazier bring to the table. So far practice reports have McAdoo looking really good and potentially cracking the rotation.

I would expect Frazier, Craft and Stainbrook to receive a camp invitation to the Warriors.

The Warriors already have 15 guys on the roster, so a move would have to be made for any of them to have a shot with the big club. Brandon Rush would likely be the odd man out (or Wallace if they waive him after the DLee trade).

Stainbrook would be a real longshot to make the team as we have a ton of bigs already on the roster. Craft and Frazier might have a shot though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, McAdoo did stand out. Would be much better when put on the same team with such good playmakers as Curry, Green and Iguodala.

Frazier may have good numbers in college for his 3-pt shooting, but the difference in length is challenging him. His shot is a line-drive shot and he won't shoot very good from 3 with that shot. Kusmic (misspelled) looked pretty good. Weak, as normal, but he has some pretty good moves and rebounds well.

I thought Looney looked okay. The Warriors have a few more games that are set to be televised from this summer.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, McAdoo did stand out. Would be much better when put on the same team with such good playmakers as Curry, Green and Iguodala.

Frazier may have good numbers in college for his 3-pt shooting, but the difference in length is challenging him. His shot is a line-drive shot and he won't shoot very good from 3 with that shot. Kusmic (misspelled) looked pretty good. Weak, as normal, but he has some pretty good moves and rebounds well.

I thought Looney looked okay. The Warriors have a few more games that are set to be televised from this summer.

Agree on all accounts.

Frazier looks a bit off. His last game I think nearly every one of his outside shots came up short. I think he may have even airballed one (maybe two?). Really was intrigued about him, but his shooting was high strength which has seemed to disappear.

McAdoo is out to make a point he should contend for rotational minutes. He has a chance to get into that 11th man spot for change of pace minutes at the 4(aka the David Lee role).

Looney looks a bit stiff and a step slow so far. You can tell he's working, but I think he's going to spend the entire year in the D-League. He's still only 19, so I'm not worried at this point. He was a swing for the fences type of pick.

The biggest question mark for me is Kuzmic. The Warriors gave him the qualifying offer, and I really don't see any other NBA team making him an offer. Unless he decides to play overseas or something, I figure he'll sign the qualifying offer and be back with the team. The question is what do the Warriors have planned for him? I can't imagine them putting a qualifying offer out there for him just to put him back in Santa Cruz. Gonna be interesting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Curry currently averaging 25 pts a game right now for the Pelicans. Maybe this is the year he cracks a roster spot and some rotation minutes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Seth is modeling his game after Steph's, given that Seth was almost just a spot up shooter in college. 25 a game is pretty good for a fairly small guy. He certainly has someone good to learn from. He's probably no less athletic than Stephen. He just needs to learn some of Steph's tricks to being a dominating scorer and passer. I wish him good luck.