• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

War or Peace?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you agree with this article, or not? :noidea:

espn.go.com

I am certainly familiar with the accusations - by the IndyCar fans - that the ISC tracks didn't propmote the IndyCar races enough. But, since Indycar has moved away from those venues, it no longer matters IMO.

Personally, I'm not inclined to believe that there is some sort of ever-ongoing skirmish between NASCAR & IndyCar. The occasional off-hand comment by a couple of drivers doesn't add up to a 'war' in my book. I think that the two series are committed to going their own ways - & not paying any attention to the other at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they even consider one another at all? It's not like the SEC nut swinging in college sports, where you have 2 groups taking jabs at each other non stop and the press promoting the fallacy as well. I don't give the Indy series a second thought. It's two completely different styles of racing. To me it's like comparing the NFL to soccer. There's no real common thread. At least that's the way I see it.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, after reading the article, I still say that I don't see any real bad blood there. Maybe there's a little amongst the powers that be but to the everyday Joe, there isn't anything to debate or fuss over. I don't see it.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree. Seems to me that the author was just trying to construct a whole mountain range out of a few mole hill high comments.