• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wandy Rodriguez

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, this guy is NOT looking like an upgrade over Kevin Correia. Wandy now has a 4.74 ERA over three starts and has given up 4 HR's over 19 innings. In fact, he's looking exactly like a left-handed Correia. That's kinda disappointing. :frown:

Maybe he'll start pitching better..... I sure hope so. Never thought I'd say this, but right now, I'd rather have Correia back in the rotation and Owens, Grossman, and Cain back. The Pirates would be no worse off, and the system would be stronger. Wonder if Houston would give us a "do-over?"

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle relief on this team.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hated the trade when they made it. Hope I am wrong tho. :)

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe you should check Correias game log going back to the start of his career before you compare him to Wandy. I have more faith in Wandy pulling together a few nice starts than Correia.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree Correia hasn't been very good either but he's not costing us 3 prospects and a hefty salary the next 3 years to be very average.

Combine Rodriguez's salary and what is now guaranteed to Tabata the next few years and these could be mistakes that a small market team can't afford to make.

With Marte projected to be the future LF and now Snider in right there is no room for Tabata. Unless he rebounds and they can dump him, paying him 4-5 million a few years down the road is gonna sting. Giving him 15 million when he was unestablished now has us on the hook when he could have easily been a non tender candidate.

I give Neal credit for trying to improve the team and make a run but I don't think these 2 moves were very wise. Time will tell. Again I hope I am wrong.