• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walker Leaves AZ Early

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Taijuan is completely healthy and was very impressive in his two outings, but made a personal decision that he needed to return home at this time,” Zduriencik said in a statement released by the club. “He will continue with his off-season program and we look forward to seeing him at Spring Training in February.”

Mariners Musings

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in Mariners Land.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is such an odd statement from Jack, Walker made a personal decision? If anything he could just lie and say as an organization we felt it was best to shut him down.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the story from Jack is a coverup. For what, I don't know. It sounds odd and no follow up when a kid walks out on a team assignment just makes no sense. Only in Mariners land.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird wording for sure. If it were something like a family emergency or something I'm sure it would be stated that way.

I'm not getting good vibes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I originally thought they told him of a possible trade and he got mad and left. Doubt it though. Odd.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was traded I dont think mlb would want it to be announced until after the world series right?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is correct. no showing up the playoffs in mlb.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was traded I dont think mlb would want it to be announced until after the world series right?

True officials wouldn't want to but beat writers/bloggers etc would be all over it. The Mariners are in no way comparable to the Seahawks or the NFL in terms of keeping things tight. Rumors that turn out to be wrong happen all the time, so doesn't make sense not one writer from Seattle or the other city wouldn't at least do a what if article.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True officials wouldn't want to but beat writers/bloggers etc would be all over it. The Mariners are in no way comparable to the Seahawks or the NFL in terms of keeping things tight. Rumors that turn out to be wrong happen all the time, so doesn't make sense not one writer from Seattle or the other city wouldn't at least do a what if article.

True, but at the same time, whos paying attention to baseball right now? Everyone in the local media is all seahawks all the time, And Im completely baffled at the cover up the seahawks were able to pull off.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but at the same time, whos paying attention to baseball right now? Everyone in the local media is all seahawks all the time, And Im completely baffled at the cover up the seahawks were able to pull off.

I think Divish (I think that's his name) would be all over it as would be any baseball writer of the other team. Baseball writing now days has become a stepping stone to getting a job with a network or website it seems. The Seahawks thing baffled me too but it shows the complete difference between the Mariners and Seahawks. When everyone wanted to kick Ichiro's ass and Griffey in the clubhouse there were reports even when the team tried to cover it up.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns wrote this today which just adds to the mystery.

Is there any indication the fans or organization should be worried about Taijuan Walker going home early from the Arizona Fall League?
-- Bob M., Spokane, Wash.

I've received lots of questions about Walker's situation, so I checked with Jack Zduriencik. And while the general manager said he'd rather not get into specifics of Walker's decision to stop pitching after two AFL games, he said, "I don't think it's an issue at all. He's in good spirits, things are going well for him and he's into his offseason strength program now."

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there any indication the fans or organization should be worried about Taijuan Walker going home early from the Arizona Fall League?

I've received lots of questions about Walker's situation, so I checked with Jack Zduriencik. And while the general manager said he'd rather not get into specifics of Walker's decision to stop pitching after two AFL games, he said, "I don't think it's an issue at all. He's in good spirits, things are going well for him and he's into his offseason strength program now."

wellll if he's going to be counted on next year to pictch 150 plus innings, give his arm some rest.... i dont know, bright side?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Jack basically just reiterated that they don't have control over their players? It should never be a young players decision to just stop a team assignment unless there is a good reason and that's the second post from Jack's mouth you wrote that there isn't even a viable reason.

Maybe I'm wrong and other organizations have young players who do this but this just seems odd that he would walk out when he should be trying his hardest to rebuild his name after Lloyd smeared it last year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with both comments above. SMH at Mariners management.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wellll if he's going to be counted on next year to pictch 150 plus innings, give his arm some rest.... i dont know, bright side?

I don't know the nature of their contract documentation. Does a player's contract specifically state that said player has to go to the Arizona Fall League if the team requests him t0, or is it voluntary? And how much the collective bargaining agreement comes into play for a player who has some (if not one complete year of) MLB experience.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the nature of their contract documentation. Does a player's contract specifically state that said player has to go to the Arizona Fall League if the team requests him t0, or is it voluntary? And how much the collective bargaining agreement comes into play for a player who has some (if not one complete year of) MLB experience.

I may be wrong but from my understanding, players are basically organization's slaves (couldn't think of a better word) until their arbitration at least that's how I believe it was prior to the last CBA. Maybe the minor leaguers just did what the organization wanted without a fuss because the more baseball you play generally the better you get by trying new pitches, batting stances and stuff like that.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong but from my understanding, players are basically organization's slaves (couldn't think of a better word) until their arbitration at least that's how I believe it was prior to the last CBA. Maybe the minor leaguers just did what the organization wanted without a fuss because the more baseball you play generally the better you get by trying new pitches, batting stances and stuff like that.

It's probably a moot issue anyway. The bottom line is if they wanted him to be there, especially after the injury-ridddled season he just had, and he left anyway, then he is deffinitely on their shit list. And, as many in here have suggested, he will probably be with a different team when spring training starts up

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a moot issue anyway. The bottom line is if they wanted him to be there, especially after the injury-ridddled season he just had, and he left anyway, then he is deffinitely on their shit list. And, as many in here have suggested, he will probably be with a different team when spring training starts up

Which is an issue I'm having with the Walker thing is it seems the Mariners are doing everything possible to kill his trade value publicly. In the past 4 months they have basically said their best prospect is a prima donna with no work ethic and has no dedication.