• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT vs. GT - 9/3/12

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BillDozerVT is becoming a legend .. pumped

[YOUTUBE]KFiacAh-L5U[/YOUTUBE]

awesome, monday needs to hurry upppppp
tumblr_m1ajpnYzwM1r86w1l.gif

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that helmet is way gayer than out Hokie Tracks helmet.

where are people tailgating for Monday? most of the people i have tailgated with in the past that actually have football knowledge, and not just tailgate knowledge wont be here this weekend.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that helmet is way gayer than out Hokie Tracks helmet.

where are people tailgating for Monday? most of the people i have tailgated with in the past that actually have football knowledge, and not just tailgate knowledge wont be here this weekend.

Wherever there isn't construction so my guess Chicken Hill.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The game is 2 days away but I'm already freakin out man!

thumbnail.aspx

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think rain favors VT. GT wont pitch the ball as much, and may even fumble doing it

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but is our passing game going to be able to hold up in the rain?

and i saw the post above which said that by evening its only "showers possible" so is that saying its going to rain hard as fuck all day, but be okay by kickoff?

has anyone seen or heard a more updated forecast?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but is our passing game going to be able to hold up in the rain?

and i saw the post above which said that by evening its only "showers possible" so is that saying its going to rain hard as fuck all day, but be okay by kickoff?

has anyone seen or heard a more updated forecast?

As someone who used to play the position, this is one of the biggest misconceptions about football. With a good quarterback and big rceivers, you can absolutely TORCH a defense for two specific reasons:

1. The new gloves are tacky as fuck so grip means nothing anymore. In fact, some gloves become MORE tacky in the rain.

2. The receivers and quarterback KNOW the routes whereas the DBs do not. Get the timing down, run crisp routes and you can crush a defensive backfield in the rain.

Now if it is windy.......all bets are off.

Watch guys like Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady in the rain. It is magical.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok cool thanks forty six. i like the way that sounds, and is a good point. the receiver knows their cut before it happens, and on wet ground someone being forced to change directions in reaction to the offensive player. we gotta fuckin win this game. just wrap up the coastal on labor day

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who used to play the position, this is one of the biggest misconceptions about football. With a good quarterback and big rceivers, you can absolutely TORCH a defense for two specific reasons:

1. The new gloves are tacky as fuck so grip means nothing anymore. In fact, some gloves become MORE tacky in the rain.

2. The receivers and quarterback KNOW the routes whereas the DBs do not. Get the timing down, run crisp routes and you can crush a defensive backfield in the rain.

Now if it is windy.......all bets are off.

Watch guys like Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady in the rain. It is magical.

Do you know what kind of gloves do well in the rain? I have cutters and they are useless in the rain.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what more can u tell me about how u see the game playing out? like what theyre gonna try and do, what were gonna try and do... and like their strength and weaknesses. idk as much about the current GT team, or even what to really expect from either team. other than their option of course.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, i will be around at a few different tailgates. partially in the commuter lot, partilly duck pond area, partially at a house on washington street and then some chicken hill. starting drinking about 11 or so. i love night games so much. not only are they badass, but you can party literally all day and night

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what kind of gloves do well in the rain? I have cutters and they are useless in the rain.

I was the one getting burned ;)

Those old Neumans were great with the spray tack that is banned now. I have played around a lot with the vapors (the ones with the VT on the palms) and you can catch well in the rain with them, really well.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of that. UNLESS it is a torrential downpour (not sure it is going to do that). That scenario could make for a long game, alot of turnovers, terrible field conditions, etc. which still IMO favors VT. I like the fact that this game is at home, we have had extra time to prepare and be healthy, both teams will likely/possibly be a little bit rusty on O (which in GT's system vs. our D = Turnovers). I like our chances in this game too, but it is always a tough out with the Ramblin' Wreck...

OT: Like how Clemson and FSU played yesterday. They will be very tough games but glad the (top end) of ACC showed well. The rest of the Atalntic is obviously going to be garbage though.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what more can u tell me about how u see the game playing out? like what theyre gonna try and do, what were gonna try and do... and like their strength and weaknesses. idk as much about the current GT team, or even what to really expect from either team. other than their option of course.

I think that we move the ball at will, balanced and get a couple early stops because of the crowd and the wet. We get up maybe 10/14 - 3ish. They start to press, push the game a bit and turnovers start.

They will get points and a couple big plays and score 10-17 total, and accumulate 250ish rushing yards by default, but it won't ever get too close.

I also see Dyrell bringing a punt back a long way.

38-17

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of that. UNLESS it is a torrential downpour (not sure it is going to do that). That scenario could make for a long game, alot of turnovers, terrible field conditions, etc. which still IMO favors VT. I like the fact that this game is at home, we have had extra time to prepare and be healthy, both teams will likely/possibly be a little bit rusty on O (which in GT's system vs. our D = Turnovers). I like our chances in this game too, but it is always a tough out with the Ramblin' Wreck...

OT: Like how Clemson and FSU played yesterday. They will be very tough games but glad the (top end) of ACC showed well. The rest of the Atalntic is obviously going to be garbage though.

This is where having a quarterback with a sasquatch sized hand will help us.