• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT vs. GT - 9/3/12

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Davis' injury? Looked like a dislocated shoulder the way his arm just went dead

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Tyler is in the ice bath right now. he missed the tackle on the one TD and got caught looking on the passing TD but the rest of the game, he was a real sure tackler and prevented about 5 HUGE gains for them.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be changing my avi once the O's get eliminated from the playoff race. Hopefully I'll have Cal deep into October.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did anybody notice if the GT DBs were playing close to the line on those WR screens? That's a stupid call if they're playing tight

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The most impressive thing about the defense was that they had to go out there with very little rest for a long, long time. I think they might live up to the hype

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know where our zone read out of the pistol went? We were running all over GT in the first quarter with it.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That may be a "deserve's got nothin' to do with it" win right there. Payback for the Sugar Bowl. Survive and advance.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah i thought jarrett looked great..i thought jgw looked pretty good too as well as tyler. the three of them were everywhere. bruce taylor was fairly quiet except for a few plays. maddy was a beast and tyrell wilson can cover a flat better than most OLBs. LT will improve as he knocks off the rust. Knowles and Corey Fuller looked great. Dyrell was quiet. Marcus Davis -- WTF ... I'm worried about the offensive line though. they'd better improve or teams like UNC, FSU, and Clemson will give us fits.

Clemson's offense looked ridiculous, even without Sammy Watkins. Our best chance at beating them is to force Boyd into losing the game for them. He did that a few times last season.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Anyone know where our zone read out of the pistol went? We were running all over GT in the first quarter with it."

Exactly. Once LT started stinking it up throwing I would've gone back to it. I guess they were hoping he would turn it around. He eventually did but it took forever

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most impressive thing about the defense was that they had to go out there with very little rest for a long, long time. I think they might live up to the hype
It seemed like the Dline was kind of undisciplined and gave up some on the counter runs but that may just be our scheme. We also had trouble getting pressure when rushing four on the late passing plays by GT. Collins had a shot on pressuring Washington on that 4th and 6 play but he got too far inside and fell down. The good thing is the line played very well on run defense. Our line pretty much stopped the dive for very little gain.

The DBs can't be faulted too much. On big pass plays, Washington was running around for quite a while.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was rough but at least LT and the receivers made some clutch plays.
Holmes looked good.
Coleman looked good.
Corey Fuller looked good.
What a first catch by Knowles!
Marcus Davis made some big plays but didn't seem to be on the same page as LT.
I think the oline wasn't horrendous. The Pass protection wasn't good and run blocking wasn't good but it wasn't absolutely horrid.
Our punter looks pretty good besides not catching the snap on the punt.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still in shock, thought we were done for a few times there. we let so many chances go, i mean we punted from Gt territory at least 4 times, but somehow, someway we pulled it out. so happy right now, that was one of the tensest games i've ever seen, and we've had so many nailbiters in the past. this one just had so much riding on it. we lose, we probably dont get to the ACC championship game, so happy that we won.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Coleman is going to show the fuck out on Saturday. Mark my words.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved what I saw from Coleman. Was really surprised we didn't try to at least get him loose on a couple of quick swing passes. Could have been a huge advantage, especially with Logan struggling early.
The defense played great. Just got worn down thanks to all the friggin three and outs by the offense. I was really surprised our coaches didn't use at least one timeout on GT's last TD drive to try to save some time, but thankfully we had just enough time. Aside from the drop, I thought the true freshman punter did a great job, pinned three at the 10. We couldn;t do that to save our lives last year.
All in all, I'll take it, but we sure have some work to do on the offensive side of the ball. The o just had no flow or rhythm all night. Thank goodness for Fuller.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
-Logan had a rough night but he came through when it counted. I wonder if his shoulder is 100%? FWIW i fully look for him to be back in form before we hit the rest of the conference schedule.

-Coleman and Holmes need the ball more often. Ocain needs to trust the young RB's.

-When their OL could protect Washington we had no answer to the GT pass. Im honestly a little concerned about our safeties maybe im way off but i dont feel like we are getting as much from them as we have in the past.

-The OL looked pretty good for the most part, GT blitzed alot and for the most part we picked it up pretty good.

-Say what you will about Gouveia but he was huge for us tonight. Not sure on his total tackles but (in my best beamer voice) "he was flying around out there".

-I think we played the triple option better than we ever have.

-I cant help but think Dyrell is a prob a little timid at PR.

A lot of good things but a few things that can be cleaned up as well. All in all im just glad to put GT and the triple option behind us get ready for the rest of the season.

edit: and the officiating was pretty lack luster in this one at least 3 no calls roughing the punter, a PI, and a false start.

edit: at one point im pretty sure we only put 10 men on the field for a pr then gt called a time out and we only put 10 out again :doh:

Last edited by a moderator: