• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very strange schedule

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the link. Altho dates aren't provided, the series against each team is shown.

Sox-Cubs Sept. showdown? Schedule lines up

This should have been a no-brainer set up for the schedulers:

10 games per division opponent - 5 at home/away for each
4 games per NL division opponent - 2 games at home/away for each

Simple.

Instead it's this mismash of unbalanced home/away games vs our division & NL clubs. About the only advantage I see is we get 7 of 10 games at home against the Twins & Tigers, but then that gets erased by 7 of 10 games away against the Tribe and Royals. We play the Cubs 6 times, the Brewers and Pirates 4 games, and the Cards and Reds 3 games. Like I said, very strange.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play the Cubs 6 times, the Brewers and Pirates 4 games, and the Cards and Reds 3 games.

I don't think the NL Central portion is that strange. I think it just has to do with accessibility and limiting travel as much as possible. We share a city with the Cubs. The parks are a ride on the red line away from each other. Milwaukee is an hour and a half drive from downtown. Then, you have to factor in where teams are playing when and where. It's one big puzzle you have to make fit.

The rest is kind of weird. Then again, they need to make this all work with travel flowing as easy as possible. They have their reasons.