• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Verlander wins AL MVP & Cy Young

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured he would win the CY.... but thought the voters would give the nod to a hitter/fielder for MVP..

Congrats to him!

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted something similar. Congrats to Verlander. He was outstanding this year. I think Cabrera should have won putting up those kinds of numbers in a pitchers park. I always wonder why Ranger hitters always seem to get penalized for hitting in a hitters park, their pitchers get penalized as well, but guys like Kershaw and Verlander don't get penalized for playing in an extreme pitchers park. Weird.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just posted something similar. Congrats to Verlander. He was outstanding this year. I think Cabrera should have won putting up those kinds of numbers in a pitchers park. I always wonder why Ranger hitters always seem to get penalized for hitting in a hitters park, their pitchers get penalized as well, but guys like Kershaw and Verlander don't get penalized for playing in an extreme pitchers park. Weird.

Gonzo won Twice, Pudge once and Hambone Last Year. These Rangers weren't penelized for playing in a Hitters Park. In fact at the Time that both Gonzo won twice then Pudge I read articles as to why they shouldn't have won. These writers claimed both players were helped by a Hitters Park.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember all of the details but I think Pudge won because there were some teammates who split the vote. Gonzo had like a million RBI's one year he won it and again, I think A-Rod and Griffey split votes in the other or maybe both years. In this case we are talking about a guy who is hitting in an extreme hitters park and finished #1 in BA, #10 in home runs, had 105 RBI's, walked 108 times, had a plus 1.000 OPS, had 197 hits which was 43 more than Granderson and 42 more than Bautista. Now, some of the guys like Ellsbury, Gonzalez and some others had very outstanding years but those guys all play in parks conducive to offense.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the key things that turns me off about baseball-not having uniform dimensions for "all" diamonds.

Hockey,basketball,and football have uniform dimensions for every team,so why
in the hell does MLB allow teams to have for example a 309 ft left field wall and other teams 340 ft or greater-does this make any sense?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the key things that turns me off about baseball-not having uniform dimensions for "all" diamonds.

Hockey,basketball,and football have uniform dimensions for every team,so why
in the hell does MLB allow teams to have for example a 309 ft left field wall and other teams 340 ft or greater-does this make any sense?

Same reason for so many other asinine things that pass for normal. They are just tradition.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like that about baseball. As for the topic, congrats to Verlander.