• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance fired

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach search process is tough. You want to take your time and do your due diligence but you want to have the coaching staff in place just after the Super Bowl so roster evaluations, free agent evaluations, and prospect evaluations can be completed with the due diligence as well.

If we hirer a defensive minded I hope we bing in the right OC with experience.
Sounds like Kubes as OC is strong . Elway said he could see Kubiak coaching again in Denver

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Kubes as OC is strong . Elway said he could see Kubiak coaching again in Denver

Ugh another hope not.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where I'm at on this search. I just hate that we're going through it AGAIN. I agree that it was time for VJ to go but the organization really needs to get this one right. My initial thoughts are that I'd like to have a HC with experience but some of the college names are enticing. My preference would be an offensive minded coach. Kubiak should stay in an evaluator mode and deliver many drafts like the Broncos did last year. It's time that the Broncos fixed this broken offense and started to ram some points down our opponents throats like the good ole days.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh another hope not.

Gary Kubiak was a part of a lot of SB Wins.

Without him I say we really suck at Running the Football with him we seem to find kick ass RB's.

Mike Shanahan became crap without Kubiak.

Our draft this year Kubiak was back.

Kubiak allows us a great mind that will be our OC for 10 years giving the QB a clue to what he is doing.

Sometimes going to the past is good.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where I'm at on this search. I just hate that we're going through it AGAIN. I agree that it was time for VJ to go but the organization really needs to get this one right. My initial thoughts are that I'd like to have a HC with experience but some of the college names are enticing. My preference would be an offensive minded coach. Kubiak should stay in an evaluator mode and deliver many drafts like the Broncos did last year. It's time that the Broncos fixed this broken offense and started to ram some points down our opponents throats like the good ole days.

He had a press release for a reason He loves being an OC.
He can adapt with a College head coach this I am damn sure of. He is easy going.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Elway eyeing John Harbaugh and Mike Shanahan for the Broncos Head Coaching job

Report: Elway eyeing John Harbaugh and Mike Shanahan for the Broncos Head Coaching job

Update:

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport basically contradicts Florio’s report on Harbaugh/Shanahan. It’s that time of the year again folks!

While, the #Packers and #Browns do a wide-ranging search, the #Broncos’ is much smaller: Mike Munchak, Brian Flores, Vic Fangio. That’s it as of now. Mike Shanahan and still-#Ravens coach John Harbaugh are not on the radar.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 31, 2018
Update two: Klis/Broncos PR chime in

There’s a stir out there: Talked to John Elway and Joe Ellis separately. Mike Shanahan will NOT be a candidate for head coach. And Broncos aren’t giving up No 10 overall draft pick for John Harbaugh so that appears remote at best. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) December 31, 2018

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my favorite Let go, Chris Peterson!

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems all over the place. But I like both. With Kubiak and that means we probably stay with Keenum

I think Keenum would be just fine in a Kubiak Offense, along the lines of Jake Plummer.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Update:

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport basically contradicts Florio’s report on Harbaugh/Shanahan. It’s that time of the year again folks!

While, the #Packers and #Browns do a wide-ranging search, the #Broncos’ is much smaller: Mike Munchak, Brian Flores, Vic Fangio. That’s it as of now. Mike Shanahan and still-#Ravens coach John Harbaugh are not on the radar.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 31, 2018
Update two: Klis/Broncos PR chime in

There’s a stir out there: Talked to John Elway and Joe Ellis separately. Mike Shanahan will NOT be a candidate for head coach. And Broncos aren’t giving up No 10 overall draft pick for John Harbaugh so that appears remote at best. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) December 31, 2018

So far only 3 people and they are kind of different than I expected. I hope they don't go buy an interview only.

To hell with John Harbaugh that price is too costly.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago
Reviewing Broncos coaching search: Have permission to interview Mike Munchak, Vic Fangio. Still waiting on permission for Pats' Brian Flores. Talking with Chuck Pagano but don't have interview set up yet. Plan to talk to Mike McCarthy, see where he stands, thoughts, etc. #9sports

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Munchak or Fangio. McCarthy is interesting, but he was in GB long enough for a lot to have gone stale. We'll find out how much of the success in GB was a byproduct of his leadership. As good as Aaron Rodgers is, I think he received too much credit and McCarthy not enough. Green Bay has drafted like absolute trash for too long, hence their struggles to get back to the Super Bowl.

In Denver, McCarthy inherits a roster that doesn't need much to get back to the playoffs. He would also get to handpick his next QB in either this draft or next.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Vance .. and inheriting a team that suffered through about 5 years of awful drafts leading up to his hire was an impossible hill to climb ... He was stuck with Mike McCoy, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch when he first came to the Broncos - hardly an enviable position for any first time HC ..

But I understand that an overhaul is needed

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reports are that Kubiak wants to return to coaching. If the Broncos do not give him the opportunity someone else will. I would rather keep him in the organization then see him leave.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with or without Kubiak around. Don't dislike him. Love that he was able to win a SB here, don't think he is a "GOT TO HAVE AROUND" guy.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 7h7 hours ago
Vance Joseph: "I said last night the easiest thing for me and my family is to move and go coach somewhere else because of local scrutiny we received ... Some of its fair, some of its not fair. The hardest thing would have been to come back and have a chance to fix it.'' #9sports

Really? He had a team that went on a winning streak but it is someone else's problem.

He makes it clear last night he wanted no part of being a Head Coach. Does that sound like people were being jerks to his family? if so shame on you.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought- Only 9 1,000 yard RB's this year... Gotta be the lowest I have ever seen.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak is being tied to Atlanta for the OC gig. Not sure if he lives in the Southeast now or he's chummy with Dan Quinn.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it means anything. NFL is day by day, but Chris Harris was interviewed saying he wanted to finish his career in Denver.. Wants to get back to winning (don't we all)