• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance fired

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have to eat a bit of humble pie. These past 3 games VJ’s D has actually shown up in big spots.

Bears - strip sack of Fields for a TD to tie, stop on 4th down in FG range, INT to seal the W.

Jets - down 3 late PS2 gets an interception to get the offense the ball back.

Chiefs - sack on 3rd down making a long FG attempt at the two minute warning.

After not being able to make any stops against Vegas and Washington, I was worried that was a problem we’d be seeing all year. But Joseph actually has these guys playing hard and making plays in big moments.

Teams are still running all over the defense through the first 3 quarters of the game, but they’ve been coming through in crunch time. So some improvement can actually be seen and VJ is starting to coach.

Maybe he isn’t completely clueless…

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not sold on the D... They played better this week but the Jets and Bears games they played lousy most of the game. Bears second half was better but a bad offense. Jets have a bad offense and they weren't that good that game. Basically made a play in each of those games that netted a win and could have net us a win but didn't.

If VJ is a smart guy he will sit the defense down and show them film on Josey, Bonitto and Surtain and then show them film on Singleton, Mathis, Jon Harris and show them the night and day difference in effort and dog.

How to play with effort and dog in you and how not to.

This defense is way better then it has show and they started to show that on Thursday. Use this game to build off of... Guys like Singleton and Mathis can be much better. They were solid last year. We know what they are capable of... It's a matter of bringing it back out of them now.

Jewell, Simmons, Bonitto I thought played REALLY REALLY well on Thursday. Seemed like the defense was starting to get some of that dog fight back in them and hopefully more of that starts to happen as a group... Then we just need the offense to stay consistently average and we will start winning. Of course not enough to make the playoffs and too much to get Caleb or Drake or Harrison.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance is trash. Who runs zone 95% of the game while the best TE in the game eats your lunch?

As much as people want to see improvement, I see playing to the shitty level of our opponents, no adjustments at halftime, inconsistent tackling and poor execution, missed tackles, lack of situational awareness from coaches and players, playing out of position, and misuse of the talent at all levels of the defense.

He's shit on a stick, and always has been.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not sold on the D... They played better this week but the Jets and Bears games they played lousy most of the game.

As much as people want to see improvement, I see playing to the shitty level of our opponents,

Don’t get me wrong, I still fully understand the defense is atrocious. It’s still on pace to be historically bad and I still think VJ should be fired.

But comparing the first three weeks to the last three weeks, it’s clear the defense is actually trying when the game is on the line now.

Raiders - needed a stop in a 1 point game with 6 minutes left and let LV run out the entirety of that clock. No heart.

Washington - Sam Howell had his way with the defense and had a career game. Offense had to play catch-up the entire second half and needed a last second Hail Mary just to get the score close. No will.

Miami - defense gave up after the first TD. Don’t need to say more than that. Complete embarrassment.

Did VJ actually start coaching after that? Were the guys on defense tired of being completely embarrassed? I don’t know what they’re doing differently, but something changed where they’re at least making plays when they need to.

Bears - Justin Fields had his best game as a pro, yet the defense stood tall at the end.

Jets - their offense managed one TD the whole game. Took a safety and their defense making a big play late for them to secure a victory.

Chiefs - we held them to 19 points in KC. That may have been one of our best games against Mahomes. How many times have we played against Mahomes where it was their defense that made the difference?

I gave up on this defense making any stops after the Dolphins game, but I think they deserve some credit lately. They’re still playing poorly, but not as bad as I expected. I want to see them at least try to make stops when the game is close, and they have been the past couple games.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat McAfee just floated that the Broncos are considering firing VJ and replacing with Rex. We are truly a broken organization.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point at 1-5. Rex and Sean combo don't see it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Chiefs offense isn't as good as years past.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance and Joe Woods did some good things with KC back in the Keenum days .. I figured that our D would look better than feared because of Vance's familiarity with Andy Reid, Mahomes, etc etc

Here's the question:

Does this indicate that Vance just doesn't take the time, or understand how to gameplan vs offenses he's not familiar with ??

Could we have been more successful vs KC last week because Vance couldn't completely screw it up because he's been down the KC road so many times ??

If there is any truth to this, I'd say it is even more reason to can him

He should be on top of EVERY team's offense

"Potential" is a complicate word, and usually doesn't mean much .. However, a defense that allows 70 points, no matter how much they appear to be improved, has the potential to do it again

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good game from the D against Green Bay.

Get the Chiefs again next week. If we can hold them to under 20 again, my opinion about VJ will be 180 degrees in the other direction.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m kinda back on the fire VJ bandwagon.

There was a very good stretch in the middle of the season, especially with creating turnovers, but the last stretch of games the D really wasn’t good.

I think we can get someone better…

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m kinda back on the fire VJ bandwagon.

There was a very good stretch in the middle of the season, especially with creating turnovers, but the last stretch of games the D really wasn’t good.

I think we can get someone better…
I need time to let the dust settle .. Continuity is important, esp for this team with all the turnover there has been as far as the coaching revolving door .. On the other hand, we don;t want to hang on if there are better options ..

It has been a full season, and it can no longer be said that the defensive stats have been skewed by the Miami game .. All those last and next-to-last defensive stats are indicative of where this team is right now ....

As Bill Parcells once said : "you are what your record says you are"

We need a CB to play across from Surtain, I respect Fabian Moreau, but not in a starting role ... Another stud CB to go with Surtain and McMillian would be a great start to getting back into the Top 10 on D

And stopping the run is a must ... Losing Bill Kollar hurt ... but we need to horses on the DL

I'm not sure how much is Vance and how much is the players

It seems as if the second game vs the Broncos began KCs serious freefall .... There were cracks, but after we didn't allow their O to score a TD two games in a row, they fell apart .... I think Vance deserves some credit there