• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance fired

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Den needs QB Edge DT WR TE LT RT for future

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Den needs QB Edge DT WR TE LT RT for future

I would disagree with LT and RT right now.

Maybe we don't re-sign Bolles after next year so we take a LT in this years draft but for the first time in a long time I think we are going into the offseason without needing the OT spot bad. Also like our depth there. I know we need cap room but highly unlikely we dump a LT playing very well right now with a likely rookie or stop gap QB under center next year. I suppose we could be proactive and figured we lose Bolles next year so we draft a LT early this year but you so seldom see a team draft a LT early to replace your already established LT a year in advance. Usually you try to re-sign that guy unless he is close to retirement. LT aint nothing to tinker around with.

I think the better question is will Bolles get extended this offseason? MCGlinchey I could see a restructure but I don't see us releasing him.

I think DB is also a possibility. The difference between taking a DB early to prepare for the future and a LT is a DB can come in right away and have a role on special teams or in certain packages while he learns the DB position and get his feet wet. LT in our situation barring anything unexpected is going to have to sit a year and not have much of a role barring injury. OT is just not a position you see teams draft early unless it is an immediate need because of that. I also think for the first time in awhile we have some depth at OT. We really like Alex P and Quinn Bailey. I don't think they are going to start for us anytime soon but just saying if you aren't drafting a starter we have enough depth there it appears too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need time to let the dust settle .. Continuity is important, esp for this team with all the turnover there has been as far as the coaching revolving door .. On the other hand, we don;t want to hang on if there are better options ..

It has been a full season, and it can no longer be said that the defensive stats have been skewed by the Miami game .. All those last and next-to-last defensive stats are indicative of where this team is right now ....

As Bill Parcells once said : "you are what your record says you are"

We need a CB to play across from Surtain, I respect Fabian Moreau, but not in a starting role ... Another stud CB to go with Surtain and McMillian would be a great start to getting back into the Top 10 on D

And stopping the run is a must ... Losing Bill Kollar hurt ... but we need to horses on the DL

I'm not sure how much is Vance and how much is the players

It seems as if the second game vs the Broncos began KCs serious freefall .... There were cracks, but after we didn't allow their O to score a TD two games in a row, they fell apart .... I think Vance deserves some credit there

Moreau had a great year but he isn't a long term starter for us. He really surprised me this year.

I think Moss will grow into an important player for us next year and McMillian and Surtain are now proven. However, I think CB and S are both possibilities for us. You can never have enough good DB's and they also play important ST's roles. A guy like Turner-Yell will probably never be an NFL starter but he excels at special teams and now has some experience at S after this year. A guy like that will last in the NFL a long time. I don't know about Skinner. He doesn't make an impact on special teams like Turner-Yell does so he is going to REALLY have to play well next year as a S. Locke looked legit this year. Simmons we know is legit but has one year left on his deal and Sterns while he has great ball skills and very smart may always be an injury stick running around. I don't know that we will look at S on day 3 but if a CB or S is there early on and we REALLY like them then I could see it. Either way typically a DB can play a role right away as they develop so you aren't just taking a DB to sit and wait most of the time.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree with LT and RT right now.

Maybe we don't re-sign Bolles after next year so we take a LT in this years draft but for the first time in a long time I think we are going into the offseason without needing the OT spot bad. Also like our depth there. I know we need cap room but highly unlikely we dump a LT playing very well right now with a likely rookie or stop gap QB under center next year. I suppose we could be proactive and figured we lose Bolles next year so we draft a LT early this year but you so seldom see a team draft a LT early to replace your already established LT a year in advance. Usually you try to re-sign that guy unless he is close to retirement. LT aint nothing to tinker around with.

I think the better question is will Bolles get extended this offseason? MCGlinchey I could see a restructure but I don't see us releasing him.

I think DB is also a possibility. The difference between taking a DB early to prepare for the future and a LT is a DB can come in right away and have a role on special teams or in certain packages while he learns the DB position and get his feet wet. LT in our situation barring anything unexpected is going to have to sit a year and not have much of a role barring injury. OT is just not a position you see teams draft early unless it is an immediate need because of that. I also think for the first time in awhile we have some depth at OT. We really like Alex P and Quinn Bailey. I don't think they are going to start for us anytime soon but just saying if you aren't drafting a starter we have enough depth there it appears too.
I was looking 3 yrs out with T position so I added it.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreau had a great year but he isn't a long term starter for us. He really surprised me this year.

I think Moss will grow into an important player for us next year and McMillian and Surtain are now proven. However, I think CB and S are both possibilities for us. You can never have enough good DB's and they also play important ST's roles. A guy like Turner-Yell will probably never be an NFL starter but he excels at special teams and now has some experience at S after this year. A guy like that will last in the NFL a long time. I don't know about Skinner. He doesn't make an impact on special teams like Turner-Yell does so he is going to REALLY have to play well next year as a S. Locke looked legit this year. Simmons we know is legit but has one year left on his deal and Sterns while he has great ball skills and very smart may always be an injury stick running around. I don't know that we will look at S on day 3 but if a CB or S is there early on and we REALLY like them then I could see it. Either way typically a DB can play a role right away as they develop so you aren't just taking a DB to sit and wait most of the time.
I forgot about Moss .. He did have a fantastic tackle a few weeks ago on a punt, and played that punt about as perfect as possible yesterday, even though the ball ended up with the odd roll into the EZ

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, the players really like Vance Joseph. I guess I would place more blame on personnel, than coaching. I hope the Broncos give him one more year as DC.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Von Miller back in a Broncos uniform to end his career.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von was non impactful this year. Granted he was one year removed from a very bad injury and while I do love Von and wouldn't mind him coming back for one last year in Denver his off field stuff might be a little more trouble then it is worth for one last goodbye.