• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Utah - Orlando Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Nicholson and Redick play for the Magic.

I'll try to see what kind of schemes Vaughan have. I've seen a few Magic games this year, but now that it's been established that the Magic are a decent team, I want to pay more attention to the coaching.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, if I'm still away in 1-2 hours, I'll try watching Clippers-Suns too, but I do have to work tomorrow so I don't want to stay up too late.

Plus, in about 3 weeks, I'll be staying up late for 2 weeks once the Australian Open (tennis) starts, so I don't want to have a crazy sleep schedule so close to that two week period when I know I'll have limited sleep schedule then.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Amway Center and the Target Center the only arenas that still have the stupid checkerboard floor? The TD Banknorth Garden in Boston doesn't have it, right? That was only the old Boston Garden?

Why did they build a new arena in Orlando, the Amway Center, yet still have the stupid checkerboard floor?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible statement by the announcer.

"This team plays better without Dwight Howard. They don't have a big clogging the middle of the paint."

No, the Magic don't play better without Dwight Howard.

The Jazz are giving the shooters space though, and the Magic are knocking them down.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of those games where I don't feel like I know why one team won. It was close by both teams.

I liked some of the interior passing by the Jazz bigs. And Millsap was pretty good today.

Tinsley was pretty good too. He's making a nice career, from a starter to a baclup.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of those games where I don't feel like I know why one team won. It was close by both teams.

I liked some of the interior passing by the Jazz bigs. And Millsap was pretty good today.

Tinsley was pretty good too. He's making a nice career, from a starter to a baclup.

Yeah, I asked my dad, after finding out the Jazz won, who had the big game - and he was like nobody really. Then, he told me some box score stats like who lead in points (teens) and rebounds (single digits?), etc.

I was watching the Seahawks beat the Niners. It was good for a USC alum to get a win, but this was a bad game for the Niners to lose - not that there are any good games to lose - just division is important. If the Seahawks were in the other conference, I'd say, it's better to USC guy than other. But I know a lot of SF friends hate Carroll because of Stanford ties. Those can be a pain in the neck to put on with your suit. (Yes, ANOTHER tie joke. :smh: )

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I asked my dad, after finding out the Jazz won, who had the big game - and he was like nobody really. Then, he told me some box score stats like who lead in points (teens) and rebounds (single digits?), etc.

I was watching the Seahawks beat the Niners. It was good for a USC alum to get a win, but this was a bad game for the Niners to lose - not that there are any good games to lose - just division is important. If the Seahawks were in the other conference, I'd say, it's better to USC guy than other. But I know a lot of SF friends hate Carroll because of Stanford ties. Those can be a pain in the neck to put on with your suit. (Yes, ANOTHER tie joke. :smh: )

How do they feel about Harbaugh then?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at the box score, I would say the "big game" was from the defense. But not by judging from the opponents FG% (50.0%).

Nor by the defense on shooters, as Afflalo had 20 on 9-19 FG). :nonod:

But by opponents turnovers, 20.

And not by judging by the Jazz blocks and/or steals. But just by a combination of the Magic making bad decisions, and the Jazz putting the pressure on them.

That's how the Jazz came back in the 2nd quarter, after they were down 14-16 points. The Magic had a few turnovers, and the Magic made some layups.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if only 9 of the 20 Magic turnovers came from blocks and steals, then only 9 of them were forced.

So then it was more about the Magic offense and decision-making, than Jazz defense, with respect to the turnovers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if only 9 of the 20 Magic turnovers came from blocks and steals, then only 9 of them were forced.

So then it was more about the Magic offense and decision-making, than Jazz defense, with respect to the turnovers.

Stop tearing down the Jazz's win! ;):rant::lm:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you mean those SF fans hate Carroll because of his USC ties?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean those SF fans hate Carroll because of his USC ties?

I said it in an unnecessarily complicated way. I meant that since SF fans have Stanford ties, the SF fans hate Carroll, who had a college rivalry with Harbaugh in Stanford. So the way I said it only makes sense if you read it with that in mind, otherwise, your sentence would be better.