• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Utah Jazz - Miami Heat Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting on delay now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this game sucks. I can't believe we won! Just no effort by anyone on the Jazz. I'm stoked that we beat the defending champions. I can't believe how bad and inconsistent we are on the road. I am so proud of this team. They really need to trade someone and coach better. What a way to beat both the Spurs and Miami, two of the best. I know Miami is good, but if we can't beat them, what's the point? Definitely a game that they can build upon. Building from the ground feels terrible. Now, we're 2 games over .500. You know being stuck at .500 sucks. Miami is just not that good this year, but I'll take it! I hate first games of back-to-backs. Millsap is clutch! Such losers, to get blown out like this, I don't care that it's against Miami. Marvin and Hayward played well.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Norris Cole's flat top.

IMO, if Jefferson can't get going in the halfcourt, then there isn't a reliable set/scheme to score. Any other source of halfcourt offense just seems random.

James and Allen seemed to have a nice pick and pop going in the first half.

Millsap just seems like a non-factor to me in too many games. The past few years, I was pleasantly surprised with his jumper, but this year, he seems to have reverted to the offense from his rookie year, where it's just dunks and layups.

He hasn't been able to create a shot lately.

I also thought Hayward could be someone to run the offense through, but that hasn't progressed this year.

It feels like I never get to see Bosh have a really big scoring game (29+).

Marvin had a nice 1st quarter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millsap just seems like a non-factor to me in too many games. The past few years, I was pleasantly surprised with his jumper, but this year, he seems to have reverted to the offense from his rookie year, where it's just dunks and layups.

He hasn't been able to create a shot lately.

The only thing, well I guess I shouldn't say only, but one thing that has been consistent and good, is that he actually is clutch. I showed you the 11 points in something-seconds. But he's had three or four games since where he's sent games into overtime or won them or in the Spurs game, he got the crucial offensive rebound before Williams' three. But if we got a more consistent, shot-creator or did it by committee while adding a different player we need, then we might not need clutch plays on those same games, but rather clutch play in games that would have been bigger losses.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing, well I guess I shouldn't say only, but one thing that has been consistent and good, is that he actually is clutch. I showed you the 11 points in something-seconds. But he's had three or four games since where he's sent games into overtime or won them or in the Spurs game, he got the crucial offensive rebound before Williams' three. But if we got a more consistent, shot-creator or did it by committee while adding a different player we need, then we might not need clutch plays on those same games, but rather clutch play in games that would have been bigger losses.

Yeah, I don't get into the clutch thing, especially for an average to bad team.

The way I see it, is who cares. When the team's good enough to contend, they'll have different clutch players, or they'll have a system to rely on.

San Antonio and Boston, for example, just use their precision system to make a play. It can be anyone from their team.

To a lesser extent, Millsap's clutch plays are as meaningless as some of the shots Marcus Thornton on the Kings hits in the 4th quarter to bring the games closer. If the team had played better the first 42 minutes, they wouldn't have needed those clutch shots.

Reggie Evans is one of the few players who I think actually can get a clutch rebound, because he's such a good rebounder overall. And with Evans, since that's the only thing he's good at, I can't say that he should have played better earlier. If he's in the game, he'll rebound, no matter what the score is.

With Millsap, if he's in the game, I want him showing off the offense he had the past few years. And get more steals. He won't ever be a good enough rebounder or defender to satisfy me, but if he's aggressive offensively and also getting steals, then I'll feel like he's playing to his potential.