• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today: Should Rangers Trade Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Rangers play their 35th game of the NHL season tonight against the Pittsburgh Penguins (8, NBC Sports Network) and it seems time to discuss whether it makes sense to trade potential unrestricted free agents Dan Girardi and Ryan Callahan.

That notion would have seemed ludicrous three months ago, but the Rangers have seemed out of sync and Callahan and particularly Girardi don’t seem to be playing at the same level they were when John Tortorella was coaching in New York.

With the March 5 trade deadline 77 days away, the Rangers have to decide soon whether to sign or trade the two veterans who will be unrestricted on July 1.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/shou....nw4p1tp1.uxfs

Both will demand top money, neither will be worth it. Offensive style does not fit their game, with no Torts here, they are getting exposed. Trade em before they walk for nothing.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Girardi, hold on to McDonagh tho.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Girardi, hold on to McDonagh tho.

Girardi will go, MacTruck isn't going anywhere. IMHO, he will be the next in line to be Captain of this team. Kid is an absolute monster, AV has said multiple times that he is our best defensemen and even with the system change, he sees no different style of play from him, and is exactly the player he expected him to be when he heard about him. Mac has improved on his offensive skills and already has 19 points on the season, on pace to shatter his career high in points. Which is why i'm glad we locked him up for six-years now.