• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer driven 'insane' by Herman, Muschamp blaming players

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a point though. The elite coaches right now are Saban, Meyer, Fischer, and Dabo, and I don't recall any of them complaining about what they inherited, and by god did Saban inherit some absolute shit.

I would never put Fisher and Dabo in the same classification as Meyer and Saban.
Fisher was the OC for 4 years before taking control and he was in charge of recruiting
those years. Dabo was on the staff at Clemson. Both are accused of undermining the
former coaches.

They knew what they had because they were there.

Meyer just flat did a better job than Saban his first year. Meyer won immediately.

Meyer, who I don't really care for, I give a lot of credit to. In all of his jobs, he has
never moaned his first year. He just showed up, got the key to the locker room and
WON, the first year. Meyer is a rare breed in that he not only is a top notch recruiter,
but he is also a damn good coach. He doesn't need "his own players" to win. He just
needs 22. I think he's a jerk with the personality of an introvert, but the guy can coach
and the guy can recruit.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy is dead? Holy shit!!!

Yes, thanks to Marcel Darius. The day his career died.

19960037-large.jpg

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Texas will be back sooner than later. Big programs like that don't tend to stay down for long. At any rate, I guess you gotta enjoy the good seasons while you can because no team stays on top forever.

Amen. I know this run by Bama will end, and probably soon. But so far I wouldn't trade it for the world and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown should probably get some credit as well. I hope Texas gets their shit pushed in every game this year... they deserve it for killing an entire conference on their own.
It's crazy the turn they took. The 90 games before the '09 NCG they were 79-11, the following 90 games afterward they're 46-44. Insane.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin' the ones who had been sounding off in this particular thread seemed to have some selective memory loss

When you say Ohio State fans you sound like you're lumping every fan into the same category. Sure some Buckeye fans will defend Meyer, but not all of them.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen. I know this run by Bama will end, and probably soon. But so far I would trade it for the world and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
Can't blame you. Bama is the benchmark program right now and everyone else is looking up. But you are spot on, ALL programs have a window and ALL windows eventually close.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never put Fisher and Dabo in the same classification as Meyer and Saban.
Fisher was the OC for 4 years before taking control and he was in charge of recruiting
those years. Dabo was on the staff at Clemson. Both are accused of undermining the
former coaches.

They knew what they had because they were there.

Meyer just flat did a better job than Saban his first year. Meyer won immediately.

Meyer, who I don't really care for, I give a lot of credit to. In all of his jobs, he has
never moaned his first year. He just showed up, got the key to the locker room and
WON, the first year. Meyer is a rare breed in that he not only is a top notch recruiter,
but he is also a damn good coach. He doesn't need "his own players" to win. He just
needs 22. I think he's a jerk with the personality of an introvert, but the guy can coach
and the guy can recruit.

I wouldn't either. I still always say in the tiers of coaching it's something like this -

Tier 1 - Saban
Tier 1.2 - Meyer

Tier 2 - Fischer & Dabo

Tier 10 - Most everybody else

Tier 11 - Charlie Strong

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm laughing that someone called out Herman for making excuses for getting ass pounded at home by Maryland. I don't care who's calling him out, it's funny.

No lie, sprinkle that fairy dust.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't either. I still always say in the tiers of coaching it's something like this -

Tier 1 - Saban
Tier 1.2 - Meyer

Tier 2 - Fischer & Dabo

Tier 10 - Most everybody else

Tier 11 - Charlie Strong
Hey don't forget about Butch Davis! That guy is a HOF'er when it comes to dumping programs in the middle of the night and leaving a wake of sanctions