• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated List of Hawks Top 20 Prospects

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool they got Saad, Terevainen, & Clendening as the Hawks top 3 prospects. That's what I had as well, and I'll fully admit I'm not too well versed on the Hawks farm system. Makes me feel like I know my stuff (or just got lucky) LOL

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool they got Saad, Terevainen, & Clendening as the Hawks top 3 prospects. That's what I had as well, and I'll fully admit I'm not too well versed on the Hawks farm system. Makes me feel like I know my stuff (or just got lucky) LOL

Even a blind squirrel, Doob... :lol:

J/K!!

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saad played last season...the entire season and playoffs...with the Hawks, so in my opinion he's not a prospect anymore.

Brandon Pirri was the AHL's leading scorer last year. IMO, he's the number one Blackhawks prospect. Adam Clendening is the Hawks number one defensive prospect, but with the 7 defensemen returning from last season, it will take a trade or injury for Clendening to break into the lineup.

Tied for third would be Antti Raanta and Teuvo Teravainen. Raanta needs some time in the AHL to see if he is a viable backup to Corey Crawford, but the Hawks just locked Crawford in with a six year extension after this season, so Crawford's the guy for the next seven years. Not sure how Raanta can take that. Not much future there.

Teravainen is only 18 and the Hawks want him to remain in Finland for another year, at least. With all the other prospects, there is no need to rush him along. I'm thinking the Hawks don't see him until he is 20 or 21.

Honorable mention: Ben Smith, Jeremy Morin, Jimmy Hayes, Drew LeBlanc. All may play this season...either spot starts, fill in for injuries or actually full time.

Next to honorable mention (a year or two away): The Broadhurst brothers, Mark McNeill, Joakim Nordstrom, Philip Danault...and way down the road number one pick this year Ryan Hartman.

Lots and lots and lots of talent working their way through the Blackhawks system.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saad played last season...the entire season and playoffs...with the Hawks, so in my opinion he's not a prospect anymore.

Brandon Pirri was the AHL's leading scorer last year. IMO, he's the number one Blackhawks prospect. Adam Clendening is the Hawks number one defensive prospect, but with the 7 defensemen returning from last season, it will take a trade or injury for Clendening to break into the lineup.

Tied for third would be Antti Raanta and Teuvo Teravainen. Raanta needs some time in the AHL to see if he is a viable backup to Corey Crawford, but the Hawks just locked Crawford in with a six year extension after this season, so Crawford's the guy for the next seven years. Not sure how Raanta can take that. Not much future there.

Teravainen is only 18 and the Hawks want him to remain in Finland for another year, at least. With all the other prospects, there is no need to rush him along. I'm thinking the Hawks don't see him until he is 20 or 21.

Honorable mention: Ben Smith, Jeremy Morin, Jimmy Hayes, Drew LeBlanc. All may play this season...either spot starts, fill in for injuries or actually full time.

Next to honorable mention (a year or two away): The Broadhurst brothers, Mark McNeill, Joakim Nordstrom, Philip Danault...and way down the road number one pick this year Ryan Hartman.

Lots and lots and lots of talent working their way through the Blackhawks system.

Hmm, I know Pirri was their best player in the AHL and probably more NHL ready at the moment, but I think Teuvo Teravainen has more upsides, especially in the long term. Don't forget that about a year ago, the talk was that they drafted him to replace Patrick Kane who drew controversy from celebrating right after they got eliminated from the playoffs. Obviously Kane isn't going anywhere, but if people say you could replace Patrick Kane you must have some serious talent.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, noticed the Hawks board doesn't have a banner. If you guys would like me to I could make a banner for this board. Also, if any of you are interested in making a banner, the dimensions are 1024x125

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A banner would be cool. As long as it's a Blackhawks banner, of course! LOL!

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teravainen may be the best of the prospects, but at 18 years old and playing in the Finnish league, it's so difficult to know. Playing on the larger European rink, he's just a young smallish kid at this point.

The Hawks are reportedly letting him play another year in Finland. He can play for the Hawks for less than 10 games, but if it's 10 or over the Hawks have to pay him more and he loses a year on his entry level contract.

There is absolutely no rush to get this kid to the NHL. It would be different if the Hawks were starved for talent. They're not. Let him develop. Let him continue to grow and train and get some muscle added. Let him get to Rockford and watch how he does there for a bit.

If he is so overwhelmingly talented, the Hawks will find a place for him on the fast track.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teravainen may be the best of the prospects, but at 18 years old and playing in the Finnish league, it's so difficult to know. Playing on the larger European rink, he's just a young smallish kid at this point.

The Hawks are reportedly letting him play another year in Finland. He can play for the Hawks for less than 10 games, but if it's 10 or over the Hawks have to pay him more and he loses a year on his entry level contract.

There is absolutely no rush to get this kid to the NHL. It would be different if the Hawks were starved for talent. They're not. Let him develop. Let him continue to grow and train and get some muscle added. Let him get to Rockford and watch how he does there for a bit.

If he is so overwhelmingly talented, the Hawks will find a place for him on the fast track.

I think SM-liiga is a good place to develop. Wider rinks for sure but you don't have to worry about some scrub who wants to make a name for himself taking you out and ending your career. A lot of good players have come out of that league, and I would rather have him develop there than in the AHL. Of course I would try him out a little in the AHL, but not for developmental purposes. I think Euro hockey suits his style for now, then try him out in the AHL right before they want him to join the NHL roster.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, noticed the Hawks board doesn't have a banner. If you guys would like me to I could make a banner for this board. Also, if any of you are interested in making a banner, the dimensions are 1024x125

What the he11 is a banner and where is it supposed to go? :noidea:

And watch the pictures you post, Doob. Once we get a mod I'm gonna have them ban your a$$ if you do that again. :laugh3:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe something like this?

Attachments

• 73277_452603288978_170382803978_5273510_7935422_n.jpg
    73277_452603288978_170382803978_5273510_7935422_n.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 44

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the he11 is a banner and where is it supposed to go? :noidea:

And watch the pictures you post, Doob. Once we get a mod I'm gonna have them ban your a$$ if you do that again. :laugh3:

Just a 1024x125 design that goes on top of the page. Instead of having ads we put banners. Besides, it's fun for me to do. Otherwise I have to mope about my Pens in that stupid series against the B's.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a 1024x125 design that goes on top of the page. Instead of having ads we put banners. Besides, it's fun for me to do. Otherwise I have to mope about my Pens in that stupid series against the B's.

Gotcha. I just saw the ones on the Pens and Flyers boards. Honestly never took notice of them before, but my gf tells me I'm not the most perceptive person so...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I just saw the ones on the Pens and Flyers boards. Honestly never took notice of them before, but my gf tells me I'm not the most perceptive person so...

I don't pay much attention to my GF, gonna get worse this week with NHL 14 coming out.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, here's one I made of Ovechkin which I call "OvenChicken"

Screen Shot 2013-09-05 at 10.34.15 PM.jpg

Not my best work but I think it gets the point across.