• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uniform Power Rankings

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks at number 8? Are you kidding me? One of THE most iconic sports uniforms. Seeing the usual East Coast bias from ESPN, who hardly even recognizes hockey as a sport.

Since the Hawks sweater is THE most sold in the NHL, I'll have to be satisfied with that.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings uniforms are boring. Black and white home plate is pretty lame.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the Penguins listed ahead of Chicago I completely dismissed this ranking. Although I don't think the Kings uniforms are the worst in the league, the logo is. The black and white theme is fine just get rid of the "home plate" logo and go back to just the crown. And ESPN should have shown the throwback purple and gold as an alternate. I think last year was the last for the purple and black 3rd jersey.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings uniforms are boring. Black and white home plate is pretty lame.

Not much imagination put into it.

When I saw the Penguins listed ahead of Chicago I completely dismissed this ranking. Although I don't think the Kings uniforms are the worst in the league, the logo is. The black and white theme is fine just get rid of the "home plate" logo and go back to just the crown. And ESPN should have shown the throwback purple and gold as an alternate. I think last year was the last for the purple and black 3rd jersey.

Ox

Minnesota at #10 did it for me. ESPN is so 1990's

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings should go back to the Royal colors with the crown. I never really liked the Raider's color scheme. And everything in the late 90's up to the current sweaters, was crap.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Kings should go back to the uni's with the crown on the sleeve/shoulder and the shield on the chest. Those uni's were bad ass and my all time favorite jersey.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably in the minority here but I like the new Kings jerseys. I understand the "roller hockey" comments from some people, but the color scheme is clean and the Kings have done nothing but win since donning them. I really enjoy the way the Kings crowd looks in all black and white, which is pretty unique to the league (maybe some Tampa Bay, although they accent in hints of blue and have now gone all blue).

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably in the minority here but I like the new Kings jerseys. I understand the "roller hockey" comments from some people, but the color scheme is clean and the Kings have done nothing but win since donning them. I really enjoy the way the Kings crowd looks in all black and white, which is pretty unique to the league (maybe some Tampa Bay, although they accent in hints of blue and have now gone all blue).

I agree the Kings jersey's i believe are real nice Black & White...Espn is full off shit having them dead last..what a joke..alot of other uniforms in the NHL are pathetic compared to LA Kings..Unbelievable!

Go Kings Go:yahoo:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ox

Hey now Ox, Pens' unis are quite respectable in my honest & unbias (wink wink) opinion.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like the Kings' new uniforms. I really liked their uniforms back in the early 1990s when Gretzky was on the team and I feel like the new design is a good reflection of that. Wasn't a big fan of their uniforms during the early 2000s when the had Zigmund Palffy on the team. They reminded me too much of the Sacramento Kings' uniforms which look like the type of design you would expect to see on a purple deck of cards.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugliest uniforms IMO belong to the Canucks, at least their logo is the ugliest. Get rid of the C-whale, even I could come up with a better logo than that. It looks like a cracked out version of the Hartford Whaler unis. Surprised they don't play Brass Bonanza at Canuck home games.

Seenitbefore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand the uniforms. It's 2013 almost everyone has a HD TV. All of the sports bars do and what do the Kings do? They dress there team in black and white. What will they do next? Have the winner of one of the between periods contests win a 25" black and white console television?

There is nothing better than during the playoffs seeing the fans dressed in the colors of their team. In Philadelphia there is bright orange, Nashville bright yellow, Detroit bright red. Then there is the Kings. Everyone wears black and blends into the seats. I was watching one playoff game and my daughter walks by and asks why no one is there. I had to say the place is full but you can't see most of them because they are wearing black.

It is pure stupidity.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand the uniforms. It's 2013 almost everyone has a HD TV. All of the sports bars do and what do the Kings do? They dress there team in black and white. What will they do next? Have the winner of one of the between periods contests win a 25" black and white console television?

There is nothing better than during the playoffs seeing the fans dressed in the colors of their team. In Philadelphia there is bright orange, Nashville bright yellow, Detroit bright red. Then there is the Kings. Everyone wears black and blends into the seats. I was watching one playoff game and my daughter walks by and asks why no one is there. I had to say the place is full but you can't see most of them because they are wearing black.

It is pure stupidity.

I personally like black & white for its simplicity, but I could understand where you're coming from. Could do a lot more things if they had an actual color instead of a black & white scheme. I think the problem is that whenever they add a color, it's either a lot of purple or lots of gold, and try to be like the Lakers. Maybe if they picked another color like blue or something. IDK, I don't mind the black & white colors myself, but they should have a new alternate jersey showcasing a different color.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the white towels look awesome on a black background. Also, when they hit the black lights pre-game and the whole crowd goes purple for the Kings' entrance. I just like it.

Seenitbefore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying about the white towels, but a few minutes after the game starts everyone puts their towels away and then it's dullsville.

I think this has Robitalle written all over it. I think the time of the Gretzky trade was one of the best times for him and he is trying to re-live it by going back to black and white uniforms. At least there is no silver.

Having watched the Kings since the early 70's I am partial to purple and/or gold but at this point in time I would take a splash of almost any color.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love the black and white jerseys. they are my second favorite unis in the league. the rankings are a complete joke. how could you possibly rate nashville above anyone?

ratenstein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hated every Ducks uniform almost as much as I dislike the team itself.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The black & white ones have grown on me in the last couple years, when in the beginning I didn't care for them. Personally, I liked the 3rd jersey they introduced in 1999 with the purple & crown on the chest with the lace-up neck. I actually like all the lace-up neck jerseys around the league. Gives a historical, vintage vibe.
I understand the sentiment towards the vintage purple jerseys they've been wearing the past couple seasons on throwback nights honoring a past King player, but with purple leggings it gets to be too much for my taste.
OBVIOUSLY, the worst jerseys were the 3rd jerseys introduced in 1994(?), dubbed the "Burger King" jersey. I guess the Monarchs are going to wear them for a game this coming season. Then again their current jersey isn't too much of a change from the "Burger King" one.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an old guy and I like the old Jerseys. Not the purple and gold pants but the sweaters look great with black pants. Those ugly Burger Kings jerseys go on sale on eBay every so often:$600 for one. Luc and the players like the black ones so I don't think they will change them soon. As long as the team wins I don't care what they wear (ok I do a little)