• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uncomfortable question for the Board

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how good can this Bronco team get?

These Broncos play with a championship swagger - dominate in the 4th quarter - are a "no fly zone" for the top opposing QBs and are just genuinely having fun playing football. The first year starter at QB Siemian (and his backup PLynch) has gotten better every game he's played and ended last week at a very high standard. The Oline is a huge improvement over last year - and they figure to get better the longer they play together. CJ and Booker are top backs who can make dynamic plays with the ball. The defense on the whole is universally considered the best in the league.

If the Oline continues to jell and Siemian continues to improve - these Broncos could ascend to legendary in the next few years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hate to get too far ahead of myself on these kind of things. I thought we would win a couple of Peyton in town but unfortunately some unlucky bounces and such kept that from happening. Maybe the best all around team we had with Manning was in 2012 with a top-5 offense and defense and we just happened to run into a hot Ravens team in the playoffs. So even if we do have a better team this year than last the whole single elimination thing in the playoffs is hard to ignore.

I will say though that with Siemian showing great promise, our offense as a whole looking much more promising, and the defense looking just as strong as ever that our Super Bowl window has been extended a few more years at least. And it could be extended beyond that depending a lot on the QB development and how good Elway and company continue to be in assembling this team.

For this season right now we are definitely looking like one of the top-2 teams in the AFC. What New England is doing has been down right impressive and while the Broncos have had a ton of success against BB and Brady and they have to play in Denver again this year we will just have to see how both teams are playing as the season progresses.

This team though definitely has a chance to get mentioned among the greats. The whole going back-to-back is not as far fetched as many thought at the beginning of the year. Honestly I was saying that I thought we would make the playoffs but just wouldn't have the fire power to win it all this year as our offense works to transition. Well the offense is transitioning much faster than I ever dreamed so I would say our chances have greatly increased. The great thing for this team is that most of our starters this year are still under contract for next year! So again this isn't just a 1 time run at the Super Bowl but a good chance we are in the thick of things here for a while!

John Elway I just don't know how you do it man. This guy has just shocked the NFL world with not only his ability as a QB but now maybe even more so with being a better GM than possibly player.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the floor for this year's Broncos is a wild card entry into the playoffs and the ceiling is another Super Bowl title. I agree that it's way too early to speculate but looking at the information provided in the first 3 weeks of the season, there is no reason to think that it's not reasonable for the Broncos to have a chance to repeat.

The AFC doesn't seem to be stacked with juggernauts at the moment and the Broncos seem to be operating with massive confidence. They know how to win in ugly/close games, they have a great home field advantage, they have a top defense, the Oline is improved, the QB play is on the rise, they possess great offensive skill players and they have unparalleled excellence in coaching. (Oh and did I mention the best fans in the NFL?!!)

As with most years, I think home field advantage in the playoffs will be a big factor. The Broncos need to protect their home field, continue to win most of their away games and they must beat New England in their match-up in Denver. If they can do those things, the road to the Super Bowl is clear.

If the Broncos can get to the big dance again and win it, that would be a feat that has become increasingly difficult in the NFL. It's especially encouraging to know that they have a ton of talent with the young players on this team. The odds of the Broncos having a dynasty for few years is definitely a reality but first.....

they need to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! Go Broncos!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is too early to say what the ceiling for this team is. I am cautiously optimistic about the Broncos chances, but as CD stated, the playoffs are as unpredictable as it gets. With that said, I definitely consider 10-6 and another trip to the playoffs as the floor for this team in 2016. If 10-6 is good enough to win the AFC West I'd be willing to bet they win a playoff game at home. If not, it's a tough guess.

I am also excited about the team's future. Their cap situation is set for the next few years and they have a loaded roster with plenty of players in their prime and a lot of talent right behind them that will be entering their prime. It's hard enough to predict from one week to the next in the NFL, forget season to season and 5 years out! I recall in 2006 and 2007 Chargers fans were extremely high on AJ Smith and praised the way he built that roster to be a contender for years to come. The 2006 Chargers went 14-2 but lost in their first playoff game, resulting in Marty Schottenheimer being fired and Norv Turner hired. Turner led the team to an 11-5 finish and the Chargers lost in the AFCCG 21-12 to the perfect Patriots. Despite that disappointment, Chargers fans were certain the Chargers would be contenders for the foreseeable future and win multiple Super Bowls. To be fair, the Chargers went on to win the AFC West 2 more times before the Chiefs broke their streak in 2010.

My point with this is the NFL changes. I've heard it referred to as "Not For Long." The odds are against a team running rough shod over its division for years at a time. Credit the Patriots for doing it in the AFC East for as long as they have. It helps that the other AFC East teams have mostly been sub par during this time but you cannot deny the Patriots have kept their end of the bargain. The Broncos are riding a 5 year streak as AFC West champs and it's not like they've dominated a weak division in this span. Twice the 2nd place team has finished 11-5 and twice the 3rd place team has finished 9-7, with 2013 seeing 3 AFC West teams reach the playoffs. And who knows what's in store for 2016.

With all that said, the outlook for the Broncos is as good as any in the league. The way Elway structures contracts is brilliant and allows the team to remain in contention year after year. It's crazy to think but this may well just be the beginning, too. While Manning did spend an appreciable number of years with the Broncos, there were a lot of people who considered him a hired gun. (let the record note: I do not subscribe to that narrative.) I recall the narrative after 2012 being the pressure being on the Broncos to win one with Manning before their window closes. Don't look now, but the Broncos 1) won one with Manning and 2) have a window that remains wide open.

I am not going to predict the Broncos win the AFC West another 5 straight seasons, nor will I predict a repeat just yet. But it's awesome knowing those things are well within the realm of possibility.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could go undefeated or we could go 3-13, or anywhere inbetween. ;)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just enjoying the ride whatever happens so be it. I loved the SB and getting a ring last year. I've got to tell though this is probably one on my favorite teams ever great group of guys.

1. Its nice to use the whole field on offense.
2, Its nice to have a gamer at QB while inexperienced doesn't have all the little things that bother him (dome roof open or fall down if a guy is near him.). He'll goof plenty but, has it where he can pull it together and get things done.
3. A D that can start slow and pick it up when game is on the line and dominate. TY Wade for taking D to another level.
4. Elway is the best GM in NFL

IF WE STAY HEALTHY I EXPECT ANOTHER RING NOW :) GO BRONCOS

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the way we finished the game in Cincy, I am not uncomfortable at all saying that I began looking at the schedule, weighing the chances of home field through out the playoffs, and yes, believing that a second title - this season - is a very realistic thought ..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. and when I first saw the thread title, I was worried that Mingo was going to start asking questions about penis size ... again

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to use the metric system to throw you guys off

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Denver has a shot at repeat ! There's just to many teams out there that are better ! What are you guys smoking ? Wake Up you homers ;)